Mikey's Classic Brushes With Greatness (Complete Awesome Random With Michael C. Hall; 2014)

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Mikey's Classic Brushes With Greatness (Complete Awesome Random With Michael C. Hall; 2014)

Post by mikeyicon »

Sometimes being at the right place at the right time ends up in a cool photo opp with an actor you admire. In 2014, I was in NYC for two reasons. In the morning, I attended a trade show at Yankee Stadium (which was not as exciting as it sounds, trust me!), and at night, I was meeting up with my friend to hit a Big Brother/Survivor event at some bar in NYC. I never cared for Big Brother, but my pal did, and there was a good chance some Survivors might be there. And I was in the city anyway, so why not?

After the trade show, I had a few hours to kill before this event during the afternoon. As I’m walking down a street, I see a barricade up and a few people standing around. I know the scene and assume it’s the usual people gathered around after a Broadway show. Since I have plenty of time, and had my camera with me anyway, I went to find out what the commotion was about and hoped somebody was coming out who I liked.

I saw a few people have their playbills, so I asked this dude what the show was and who might be coming out to meet the audience? He indicated it had a good cast including Marisa Tomei, another name I can’t remember, and Michael C. Hall aka Dexter Morgan. Wow, that’s a name I’d like to get a photo with! And right as this dude was talking, out Michael C. Hall came!!! I asked Michael C. Hall for a photo and of course said thank you for Dexter even if the finale was a piece of garbage. He was also wearing a cool shirt with towns in upstate New York featuring my college town, New Paltz. The first photo the dude took was okay, but kind of far away. I waited patiently, asked the guy who provided me the information if he could take a better show, and then asked Michael C. Hall if he would be so kind to take another photo. Michael C. Hall was very polite and did it. There was another guy apparently from Homeland who came out to meet the fans, but since I didn’t know who he was and hadn’t actually attended the show, I was more than happy with the photo opp with Michael C. Hall!!!

I’d have an amazing night at the Big Brother thing, but getting an unexpected photo with somebody I was fan of was gravy on the potatoes!
Michael C. Hall
Michael C. Hall
DSC03509.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 4127 times
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Re: Mikey's Classic Brushes With Greatness (Complete Awesome Random With Michael C. Hall; 2014)

Post by AsianDave »

Oh, so ur one of them yahoo's who randomly walk by a venue and see a bunch of ppl milling around and then feel compelled to stay and bug ppl about who they're waiting for! Yeah, ur that guy everyone on the forum is talking about, theres no denying it! :hah: :hahaaa: :tongue:
Just kidding man! That's a great encounter with Dexter!
mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Re: Mikey's Classic Brushes With Greatness (Complete Awesome Random With Michael C. Hall; 2014)

Post by mikeyicon »

Asian Dave, I got a lot of good comebacks and ball busts, but people are very sensitive and take things wrong so as not to offend anybody, I'll just goof on myself and say I'm that yahoo.

But remember If I didn't ask since I'm an extrovert, I would have stuck around anyway to see since I had the time, and I'm not clueless what happens during that time in NYC when shows are over. Although I usually only do that stuff after I actually attend the actual show. :) Glad you enjoyed dude!