Shufflin' With the Fridge!

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Shufflin' With the Fridge!

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

Back in 2007, a small sports store in Fredericksburg, VA had welcomed Super Bowl champ and WWE HOF'er, William "The Refrigerator" Perry, in what would be a rare opportunity. Fridge is one of my Chicago Bears, if not my fave, so when I found out he'd be signing for only 20 bucks(including a photo with him), I jumped at the chance to make the hour and a half drive.

There wasn't a big wait. Iirc, maybe 15 people at most. I distinctly remember being 3rd in line. Fridge, came in, shook everyone's hands, chatted and took his time with everyone. Not a lot of people had cameras and I feel like I was one of the few who got a photo with him. He signed my Bears sign(which then was signed by Gayle Sayers 3 years later) which hangs in my office today.

I'm glad I got to meet the Fridge, he was such a nice guy. I hate seeing how bad his health has gotten. Hopefully he gets better and does more shows. He definitely enjoys meeting his fans.
Attachments
Picture 058.jpg
Picture 059.jpg
fridge_004.jpg
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Shufflin' With the Fridge!

Post by WOODMO »

Talk about a great price. Awesome!
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

This is Everything!!!!
HorrorMovieBBQ
Full Fledged Mark

Post by HorrorMovieBBQ »

lanza218 wrote: February 5th, 2017, 1:32 pm This is Everything!!!!

A Bears suited Chad as well. HCIT?
Gumby
Marked Out King

Post by Gumby »

Great report and photos. Man, Fridge would be great to meet and yeah-talk about a good price!