My first hippo trip #hcit

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

My first hippo trip #hcit

Post by djknightrida »

Back when I actually cared about wrestling there were a few projects that were important that I wanted to start. One of them being a World Heavyweight Championship signed by one of my favorite factions Evolution. This was before WWE started Axxess sessions back up so that left me with hippos as the lone resort for the bigger names like Orton and HHH. My very first one was over Backlash 2006 weekend in Baltimore. I didn't really know what I had in store for me. One of the fans I had seen at various events helped me out with the location for the main WWE hotel so I booked a room and headed in the day before the show to see who I might be able to see.

At this point without an eidetic memory the order of who came when is long gone but I ended up scoring quite a number of lower card to mid-level talent. This is also where I would meet and make some of the closer friends I have in the hobby to this day. :hellyeah: At some point I was informed Cena would definitely be arriving. Although not a fan I knew this was a huge name to score especially on my initial venture. Was also cool to score Big Show both of whom had yet to start the frequent use of the HHH type bus. Also much to my appeal, Orton himself emerged at one point and actually stopped. Being my first interaction I know how horrible he can be now but was naive then to realize the gold I had struck with the free cumbo.

My biggest flub of the trip was having an invite to go after Taker the next day. I stayed and got what I found to be at the time equally awesome, Dusty Rhodes auto. Oh if only I had been smarter. Still not bad for my first real marking out venture. :dj:

Side note wonder where :delta: & :feasting: were this evening.

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
class316
Marked Out God

Re: My first hippo trip #hcit

Post by class316 »

There I am in the Hornswoggle photo
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

class316 wrote: March 5th, 2017, 5:10 pm There I am in the Hornswoggle photo
Indeed. One of the first :vaht1: interactions!

class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

djknightrida wrote: March 5th, 2017, 5:33 pm
class316 wrote: March 5th, 2017, 5:10 pm There I am in the Hornswoggle photo
Indeed. One of the first :vaht1: interactions!
The first ever was in NY I believe, before you knew :perplexed:
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Correction it was Backlash 2009.
class316 wrote: March 5th, 2017, 5:43 pm
The first ever was in NY I believe, before you knew :perplexed:
I believe you are partially wrong. Yes I met you before CM. But I'm confident it was over No Way Out 2006 weekend at a bar event with MNM.

class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

djknightrida wrote: March 5th, 2017, 7:09 pmI believe you are partially wrong. Yes I met you before CM. But I'm confident it was over No Way Out 2006 weekend at a bar event with MNM.
I remember that weekend and the bar event, but I don't have a recollection of you from that weekend. My memory must be fried.

I do remember MNM didn't do any photo ops at that bar :smh: