Roger Moore has died. Now about that 2012 NYC Book Signing...

Place to find reports on meets of the past.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Roger Moore has died. Now about that 2012 NYC Book Signing...

Post by Greg2600 »

The story is infamous, essentially Class ran/followed along with Moore's car for nearly FORTY blocks uptown, and got the combo. Here's my backstory on that event, in honor of today's passing of mine and most people's favorite Bond, Sir Roger Moore. The signing took place on November 9, 2012, a Friday, at the Barnes & Noble College Bookstore on 5th Ave and 18th St. This location closed in 2014, but it was actually the original B&N flagship that opened in 1932. That being said, they never did anything there, so when I found the signing I assumed it was the midtown store on 5th Ave. So I arrived there to a clueless staff, who after 10 mins or so directed me to the OTHER store!

I recall waiting quite a while in the line, primarily because Moore was late. Extras and photos were not allowed, and as you'll see in a video, Class316 literally had his camera swatted away attempting the table selfie! I took a blurry shot of Moore when I was few people away. I mentioned that my introduction to Bond was seeing him in Cannonball Run, and then went back and watched his Bond movies. That got a chuckle out of Sir Roger.

Image not my shot

Image my fuzzy shot

Image Sir Roger front and center

I hung out near the door, and unbeknownst to me, Joresky and his friend Pablo did as well. As you can see them in some of the photos and the video. I mean, pretty hilarious that of all people, I take a single video and Class is front and center. Anyway, I think we would have been able to get walking selfies as he left the store, because Roger seemed okay with it. However, this fairly attractive wannabe Yugo-model woman basically cut him off and insisted on taking photos with him. The bald, mostly fake pap moron, who I fucking despise, was the one taking them. Then both of them get into a shot with some other guy taking the photo. This whole debacle took over a minute, and robbed people like me from trying for a selfie.

Image Jerry snaps away.

Image jackass and hot foreign spy chick.

All I recall is that as Roger stepped outside, fans, guards and Moore himself were all screaming as he tried to get out of there.

JOresky Report...
http://forum.markedout.com/viewtopic.ph ... re#p178207

Video of Class being swatted.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Roger Moore has died. Now about that 2012 NYC Book Signing...

Post by ICW »

lololol this is amazing, thank you for sharing
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

That cunt assaulted me for using a camera :angry:

Here is my report: http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/2012/11/ ... e-cat.html

Image Image
When I got to him I attempted for a photo op but was tackled by the staff. I did get my book signed but big whoop. It was also impossible to get him leaving the book signing.

After he left I basically ran about 40 blocks to his hotel. He was just waiting in his car. His bodyguard said he's not coming out and is not going to be signing anymore. Two older women (one may have been his wife but I don't know) then enter his car as it leaves. Thankfully his bodyguard is not in the car so that gave me some hope. I then run about 5 or 6 blocks to the next spot. As he comes out two other dealers are there. They give him a sob story and offer him money. He declines the money and signs. While this is happening I get him to sign my Moonraker laserdisc! He had a blue sharpie and thankfully he didn't sign in the darkest spot like most celebs do. He signed it in the PERFECT place! The dealers get another item done each as I try for a photo op. One of the older ladies offers to take the photo but I decline. When I get the shot turns out he is not looking NO NO NO!! So close yet so far. But of course I am not deterred. As he is tying to enter the restaurant I try more. The dealers yell at me saying he doesn't want to take a picture and one of his girls tells us all to go away. But fuck the dealers who are upset I lessened their chances at an extra auto! This is Roger Moore, 85 years old, I must get that prized photo op! After some more pleading and begging by me Roger agrees to the photo op and as I take it he tells his girls "he got it"

YES YES YES I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT A Roger Moore photo op marking my second ever James Bond (Daniel Craig being the first).
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I think the video throws some cold water on your claims of being "tackled" or "assaulted."
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Clearly looking off camera in both shots. Sorry, but obviously...

:invalid:
capman
Marked Out King

Post by capman »

When the new " invalid yesteryear shot of all time " category comes out this year, this wins with no other nominees.

Maybe it should be renamed " The ROGER MOORE award "?
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Regarding the first take, some NO GOOD FUCKING GRAPHERS asked for another graph and he denied them and handed them the pen as I snapped. Basically they couldn't wait till I was done before asking for another graph (they had gotten two already). Hence why he is looking away.

Then I took the second shot. Here is a crop of just the eyes. Basically he is posing for the camera, he consented to the post, and his eyes appear to be facing the camera, as you can see:

Last edited by class316 on May 23rd, 2017, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

His eyes are looking at something about 45 degrees to his left - clearly not AT the camera.

By your own rules, invalid. And the saddest part is, since he passed away, you can never upgrade to a legitimately valid shot.

:chores:
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Great flashback report. I actually enjoyed reading it

Class' photo is 1000% invalid. Looking off into the distance certainly not the camera
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

AJLe wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm His eyes are looking at something about 45 degrees to his left - clearly not AT the camera.
Dunno where you see 45 degrees :shrug: looks like his eyeballs are straight on judging by the close up.
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

YOU are looking directly at the camera. Are his head or eyes pointing in the same direction yours are?

Clearly not.

I know it hurts since you really wanted the shot to be valid, and now you can never get him, but photos don't lie. He's looking off camera.

As Mean Gene would say - "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades".
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

AJLe wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 9:38 pm YOU are looking directly at the camera. Are his head or eyes pointing in the same direction yours are?

Clearly not.
Never said his head was. But here are his eyes Vs mine

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Holy :fack: u twit! Even Stevie Wonder can tell Roger Moore isn't looking at the camera! I swear the world has to be wrong, and only ur right! Well, ur wrong! It's :invalid: so, get over it!
I cannot believe there is yet another thread with regards to Steve! Are we a glutton for punishment?
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Most definitely invalid.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
overthetop17
Marked Out King

Post by overthetop17 »

Class I expect more from you....poor job.