Metallica meet and greet

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
class316
Marked Out Historian

Metallica meet and greet

Post by class316 » May 19th, 2017, 3:55 pm

AJLe wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 3:02 pm

I would presume that they only sold 9, and BS'd on "the other 3 didn't show up". Unless it was corporate guys who bought the tickets to schmooze clients (like the corps who buy the super expensive Yankee season tickets by the dugout to use on clients, and don't end up using a lot of them), I can't imagine ANYBODY, no matter how well off they are, just blowing off $2500 unless it was a last minute emergency thing.
It was "sold out" though. So they must have sold more than 9 in some shape or form.

You have to remember not very many people can shell out $2500 for a m&g. To spend that kind of money on one m&g you have to generally be VERY wealthy to begin with. I guess if you have millions in the bank what's $2500.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

AJLe
Marked Out King

Re: Metallica meet and greet

Post by AJLe » May 19th, 2017, 4:06 pm

class316 wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 3:55 pm

You have to remember not very many people can shell out $2500 for a m&g. To spend that kind of money on one m&g you have to generally be VERY wealthy to begin with.
If Arnold announced a M&G tomorrow that had guaranteed solo posed photos, I'd spend $2500 at the drop of a hat, and I don't consider myself to be wealthy, let alone VERY wealthy.

Like I've told you before, if you have a job, you're able to occasionally splurge on such things. :winning:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » May 19th, 2017, 4:17 pm

AJLe wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 4:06 pm

If Arnold announced a M&G tomorrow that had guaranteed solo posed photos, I'd spend $2500 at the drop of a hat, and I don't consider myself to be wealthy, let alone VERY wealthy.

Like I've told you before, if you have a job, you're able to occasionally splurge on such things. :winning:
Again, you miss out one word I put. I said "generally".

Of course you are going to have somebody that is more on the average side to drop that kind of money. But I'm talking for the more typical spenders. Hence why it's not entirely shocking that some wouldn't care to lose $2500. If you have $30 million in the bank $2500 is peanuts.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 » May 19th, 2017, 6:30 pm

They sold 12.
The ones in Denmark didn't go well so some people got a 2nd VIP for a show of their choice.
CID said they would not autograph and group photos everywhere. It all changed in Mexico, but Danish fans got the group photo (you+11 fans and the band).
That's the reason why I didn't buy it and opted to do 7 shows this year. CID's poor wording screwed me over. I'm hoping to buy it next year for the arena tour tho.

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 » May 19th, 2017, 6:33 pm

A guy got a poster signed. I believe the only thing CID does not allow are guitars. They are being told they can bring one item but some are bringing extras and still get them signed.
James did not sign autographs for the Danish packages.

It all changed in Mexico. CID got a lot of shit because of how they ran these packages in Denmark so they changed their game at the 3 Mexican shows, but still kept the "group photo" wording, so the solo shot with the band is not guaranteed (at least according to them).

They also have the free M&Gs for around 15 fans but that's a lottery and since the club is free now anyone can enter, so it's harder to win. Supposedly Legacy members get a better shot at winning contests.