SummerSlam Meet & Greet Lineups

You can talk about any upcoming signings in here!
mrira
Marked Out Master

Re: SummerSlam Meet & Greet Lineups

Post by mrira » August 5th, 2018, 9:42 am

EastVillageSteve wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 8:50 am
There is going to be one at the Barnes and Noble on 5th Avenue on Thursday, 8/16 starting at 11:30am. The BN website lists it, but doesn't have any details. Ziggler posted on Twitter a few weeks ago that that event was on his SummerSlam week itinerary though. EDIT- This signing is now listed on wwe.com confirming Ziggler.
Damn, was hoping Nakamura would do a B&N signing for his book.

Anthony18
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Anthony18 » August 5th, 2018, 10:58 am

Hoping someone does something either Wednesday or Thursday night that week.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 5th, 2018, 2:13 pm

I'll be around that week was hoping for one appealing free signing I could do. Like for instance Authors of Pain or Sanity would be nice. Sadly I don't see such luck for me.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

jabronijosh04
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jabronijosh04 » August 5th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Has anyone been to a WWE Barnes & Noble event if they say no photos is that usually 100% true I was thinking about going to Cesaro and Sheamus at Livingston Mall

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » August 5th, 2018, 7:55 pm

jabronijosh04 wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 7:18 pm
Has anyone been to a WWE Barnes & Noble event if they say no photos is that usually 100% true I was thinking about going to Cesaro and Sheamus at Livingston Mall
I read that last year Becky Lynch in Manhattan was advertised as no photos or merch. She did them for whoever asked and signed an extra. This being in the suburbs, the store might be too afraid to allow it, but as anywhere, it's up to the talent. Being these are WWE, I'm sure they'd do a lean shot or selfie if asked. Like with anything else, go early to get a wristband, and be one of the first to ask. However, if I stayed home every time it was written NO NO NO, I'd not have Katey Sagal, Tim Burton, Steve Martin, or Buzz Aldrin, to name a few.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

jabronijosh04
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jabronijosh04 » August 5th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 7:55 pm
jabronijosh04 wrote:
August 5th, 2018, 7:18 pm
I read that last year Becky Lynch in Manhattan was advertised as no photos or merch. She did them for whoever asked and signed an extra. This being in the suburbs, the store might be too afraid to allow it, but as anywhere, it's up to the talent. Being these are WWE, I'm sure they'd do a lean shot or selfie if asked. Like with anything else, go early to get a wristband, and be one of the first to ask. However, if I stayed home every time it was written NO NO NO, I'd not have Katey Sagal, Tim Burton, Steve Martin, or Buzz Aldrin, to name a few.
Awesome thank you I think I'll go

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » August 7th, 2018, 5:21 pm

WWE SummerSlam Night - August 16

The Brooklyn Cyclones and WWE have partnered for SummerSlam Night at MCU Park on Thursday, August 16th to kick off a borough-wide celebration as WWE bring SummerSlam, the biggest event of the summer, to Barclays Center on Sunday, August 19th. The Cyclones and WWE will also be raising funds for Connor’s Cure – a pediatric cancer fund – started in honor of WWE Fan Connor Michalek.
As part of the night’s festivities, the Cyclones will be wearing special Connor’s Cure jerseys featuring the “championship belt” style logo around the waste and beads on the sleeves inspired by the Connor’s Cure Bracelets that are sold to benefit the fund. 10 jerseys will be raffled off that evening in park with the remaining items available at CyclonesAuthentics.com or BrooklynCyclones.com/Summerslam. The auction will start Friday, August 17th at noon.

Fans will be able to purchase a $20 ticket, which will include a Field Box Ticket, Connor’s Cure Bracelet and charitable donation. For each package sold, a bracelet will also be donated to a children’s hospital. Just CLICK HERE and use code “Cure” at checkout.

Scheduled to join the Cyclones at the ballpark that night, in support of Connor’s Cure, will be Big Show, Mark Henry, Ember Moon and WWE Ambassador Dana Warrior. (Superstars subject to change). They will be signing autographs on the concourse in two locations from 7:00 – 8:00 PM. For a $20 donation to Connor’s Cure you will be able to get two autographs with the Superstars. Those who donate will also receive a Connor’s Cure Bracelet. Space is EXTREMELY LIMITED, so autographs are not guaranteed.

Fans will also be able to raise funds for Connor’s Cure by getting their face painted like The Ultimate Warrior on the concourse in exchange for a charitable donation.

Tickets are available now by calling 718-507-TIXX, at BrooklynCyclones.com/tickets or in person at the MCU Park Box Office

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » August 7th, 2018, 6:45 pm

mrira wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 5:21 pm
WWE SummerSlam Night - August 16

The Brooklyn Cyclones and WWE have partnered for SummerSlam Night at MCU Park on Thursday, August 16th to kick off a borough-wide celebration as WWE bring SummerSlam, the biggest event of the summer, to Barclays Center on Sunday, August 19th. The Cyclones and WWE will also be raising funds for Connor’s Cure – a pediatric cancer fund – started in honor of WWE Fan Connor Michalek.
As part of the night’s festivities, the Cyclones will be wearing special Connor’s Cure jerseys featuring the “championship belt” style logo around the waste and beads on the sleeves inspired by the Connor’s Cure Bracelets that are sold to benefit the fund. 10 jerseys will be raffled off that evening in park with the remaining items available at CyclonesAuthentics.com or BrooklynCyclones.com/Summerslam. The auction will start Friday, August 17th at noon.

Fans will be able to purchase a $20 ticket, which will include a Field Box Ticket, Connor’s Cure Bracelet and charitable donation. For each package sold, a bracelet will also be donated to a children’s hospital. Just CLICK HERE and use code “Cure” at checkout.

Scheduled to join the Cyclones at the ballpark that night, in support of Connor’s Cure, will be Big Show, Mark Henry, Ember Moon and WWE Ambassador Dana Warrior. (Superstars subject to change). They will be signing autographs on the concourse in two locations from 7:00 – 8:00 PM. For a $20 donation to Connor’s Cure you will be able to get two autographs with the Superstars. Those who donate will also receive a Connor’s Cure Bracelet. Space is EXTREMELY LIMITED, so autographs are not guaranteed.

Fans will also be able to raise funds for Connor’s Cure by getting their face painted like The Ultimate Warrior on the concourse in exchange for a charitable donation.

Tickets are available now by calling 718-507-TIXX, at BrooklynCyclones.com/tickets or in person at the MCU Park Box Office
I have no interest since I have all the names, but something tells me at $20 there will be no photo ops.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 7th, 2018, 7:27 pm

I went to a free signing at MCU Park during SS weekend of 2015 (I think) and it was easily the worst experience that I've ever had in this hobby.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

EastVillageSteve

Post by EastVillageSteve » August 7th, 2018, 7:48 pm

They allowed photos at the Brooklyn Cyclones event last year with Mark Henry, Carmella, Apollo Crews, and Nia Jax. The event was nowhere near as popular last year as it was in 2015, as I was able to visit both pairings. 2015, as ICW pointed out above, was completely insane. The line moved very slowly, but I was able to get Ryback and Charlotte Flair. The fact that they instituted a charge of $20 per pairing last year probably greatly decreased the demand from 2015 when the autographs were included as part of the ticket price. They also didn't allow photos in 2015 either.

mrira
Marked Out Master

Post by mrira » August 8th, 2018, 11:34 am

It’s not posted yet, but Charlotte said on Twitter she’ll be doing a signing at a Target in Brooklyn 8/18 from 11-1 I believe

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 8th, 2018, 11:42 am

EastVillageSteve wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 7:48 pm
They allowed photos at the Brooklyn Cyclones event last year with Mark Henry, Carmella, Apollo Crews, and Nia Jax. The event was nowhere near as popular last year as it was in 2015, as I was able to visit both pairings. 2015, as ICW pointed out above, was completely insane. The line moved very slowly, but I was able to get Ryback and Charlotte Flair. The fact that they instituted a charge of $20 per pairing last year probably greatly decreased the demand from 2015 when the autographs were included as part of the ticket price. They also didn't allow photos in 2015 either.
2015 was nuts.

First and foremost, it wasn't advertised beforehand that Charlotte, Ryback, Fandango, and Eva Marie would be split into two different signings. You had to chose between Ryback/Charlotte and Fandango/Eva Marie.

Then they played in the celebrity softball game, which was advertised. I stood on Charlotte and Ryback's line thinking the signing was going to start immediately after the game...nope. They were gone for about an hour or so and then the signing started. I was on the line for close to 3 hours.

No photo ops, only 'graphs.

I managed to talk my way to the Eva Marie/Fandango line (which was still insanely long) but they ended up leaving about 5 minutes later. I left MCU Park but noticed a couple of black SUVs parked outside a side entrance with some fans waiting by. Eventually, the four exit and Eva is the only one who stops for a couple of girls (no problem with that); however, a fan with special needs was desperately trying to get an autograph and a dumbass security guard decided to throw him onto the fucking ground. The kid freaked out and bit him and was inconsolable. Everyone wanted to kick that guard's ass.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 8th, 2018, 12:13 pm

It seems those Cricket Wireless ones are pretty good, but otherwise I decided long ago that I am over free signings. I did the Cyclones one in maybe 14? But I had to fight for a Nattie table selfie after they said no ops. I got it, but it just wasn't worth the energy and gamble.

I won't be anywhere near this Summerslam stuff, paid or free. My WWE wants are pretty much non existent. I even have most of the NXT players coming up that entertain me.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 8th, 2018, 12:24 pm

WOODMO wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 12:13 pm
It seems those Cricket Wireless ones are pretty good, but otherwise I decided long ago that I am over free signings. I did the Cyclones one in maybe 14? But I had to fight for a Nattie table selfie after they said no ops. I got it, but it just wasn't worth the energy and gamble.

I won't be anywhere near this Summerslam stuff, paid or free. My WWE wants are pretty much non existent. I even have most of the NXT players coming up that entertain me.
I went to the Dolph Ziggler Cricket Wireless signing a year or two ago and a riot almost broke out. First off, something told me to call the store beforehand and, sure enough, they told me that the signing had been moved to another location!

I still got there about an hour or two early and managed to get a decent spot in an increasingly growing line.

Dolph arrived about an hour earlier than advertised and everyone was excited that the signing was going to start earlier than advertised. That didn't happen. Instead, he filmed some Facebook Live segment that went a little over the advertised start time. By the time the signing started, the line was blocks and blocks long and it was very, very clear that a lot of people weren't going to meet him.

As the line moved painfully slowly, more and more people attempted to cut the line. There was one family with kids crying hysterically because they were being told they'd have to go all the way to the back of the line and the family knew there'd be zero chance of them meeting Dolph, so they were begging the employees to let the kids run in and say hi. That, of course, caused other people on line to lose their minds. It was insane.

I got in close to 3 hours later and managed to get an extra item signed.

EastVillageSteve

Post by EastVillageSteve » August 8th, 2018, 12:31 pm

mrira wrote:
August 8th, 2018, 11:34 am
It’s not posted yet, but Charlotte said on Twitter she’ll be doing a signing at a Target in Brooklyn 8/18 from 11-1 I believe
And that's the exact same time as the Sasha Banks at Cricket Wireless signing... great.