2013 UFC Pick 'em League NOW OPEN

jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

2013 UFC Pick 'em League NOW OPEN

Post by jwill55nets » November 29th, 2012, 5:50 pm

This will be UFC only, no strikeforce, and no TUF Matches (excluding the finale). 2012 was the biggest year in UFC history, you need to assume 2013 will be just as big! We had a lot of fun with this in 2012, and with a few rule changes I think it will be even better in 2013! I am looking to add more people and possibly have some more prizes!

Scoring is pretty simple:
You pick 5 winners, and you rank them 1-5. 5 is the most confident, and 1 is the least confident.
You can pick any fight on the card, televised or not.
If that fighter wins you receive the amount of points you ranked them at (ie: if the person you ranked 5 wins, you get 5 points).
You cannot lose points, you simply don’t win points for wrong guesses.
*PROPOSED RULE CHANGE* (up for debate within members who sign up): On title cards, you must pick the fight but it can be at any point value!
You can receive a bonus 2 points by guessing the right Method (KO, Decision, Submission). You must get the winner right to receive the bonus points (if: if you had Cain beating JDS via knock out you get no points even though the match ended via knock out).
If there are 2 title matches both must be picked.
All fights that take place will be scored, even if they are at a catchweight.
RULE CHANGE If a result if over turned AFTER the event, that change will be made to bout scoring as well.
All predictions must be made by 11:59 PM the night before the fights at the latest. (Every person will be allowed to miss the deadline once without penalty aslong as they pick before fights have begin.)
RULE CHANGE You will pick a 6th "alternate fight" on all cards. In the event that a fight you already picked is canceled, all fights will move up 1 point with the alternate becoming your 1 point. Meaning if your 5 point fight is scratched, instead of getting 0 points, your 4 point becomes your new 5, and all the way down with the alternate becoming your 1.
Any match ending in a draw will not be scored
Once predictions are submitted they cannot be changed.
This will be run on google docs surveys. I will send out a doc to everybody the week of a fight. You simply pick the name out of the dropdown. In title fights you will pick a result from the drop down as well.
(Predictions will be invalid if 5 winners are not chosen, if the same person is picked twice, or if opponents are both selected. Invalid predictions will void all predictions for the event.)

I know this seems like a lot of rules, but you can ask anybody in it this year (IVP, Lucas, Carlucci, JJ, anybody else I forgot sorry..)its really easy. It makes you care about fights you usually wouldnt. Please give it a shot.

I would like to run this for all of 2013. To discuss entry please message me, all dues will be reciprocated as prizes. The first pick date is 1/19. DUES ARE DUE 1/18! Dues will somewhere in the 30-40 range, but we will discuss it as needed. This year was 30 which is low for a 12 month game.

At the end of June whoever is in 1st place will receive their money back. At the end of December whoever is in 2nd will recieve their money back, first place will get all remaining dues collected. There will also be a Lucas award (a paper certificate) for the person who comes in last place.

latinoheat578
Full Fledged Mark

Re: 2013 UFC Pick 'em League NOW OPEN

Post by latinoheat578 » November 29th, 2012, 6:08 pm

you know I'm in... gotta protect my last place slot

FantasyMMAWorld

Post by FantasyMMAWorld » November 30th, 2012, 10:18 am

I really like this format. I think we should talk. I'm sending you a private message.

jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

Post by jwill55nets » January 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm

We already have 7 or 8 people in. Anybody else interested?

jamesrudy380

Post by jamesrudy380 » January 1st, 2013, 5:40 pm

Im down. PM me and let me know how to make payment. Paypal or check or whatever.

jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

Post by jwill55nets » January 1st, 2013, 7:12 pm

jamesrudy380 wrote:Im down. PM me and let me know how to make payment. Paypal or check or whatever.
Awesome. We are now up to 10 people.

jwill55nets
Marked Out Pro

Post by jwill55nets » January 12th, 2013, 4:42 pm

Last call. We are already at 11 people! Thats 440 in prize money! PM me if you want to join!