RFVideo ALLEGEDLY Selling Fake Piper Autographs

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
WOODMO
Site Admin

RFVideo ALLEGEDLY Selling Fake Piper Autographs

Post by WOODMO » August 5th, 2015, 12:09 pm

EDIT - Read this link to fully grasp why these autographs are allegedly forged.. 8/9/15

https://coconuttothehead.wordpress.com/ ... feinstein/

Allegedly.... Allegedly.... Just to get that out of the way.

I found this on my Facebook newsfeed. Apparently Rob purchased a bunch of UNSIGNED Piper prints at Monster Mania this weekend. Then today, he posted the same prints signed on Facebook. The person who sold him the prints at Monster Mania commented, and Rob deleted the post, before messaging the guy.

Now I have nothing personal against Rob. I don't know for sure if this is true. I don't know if he had legit signed copies of the ones he bought at MM unsigned, but it seems fishy and a big point of this site is to point out dishonesty in this hobby.

I find it hard to believe Rob would buy a stack of prints unsigned for resale since he almost exclusively deals in signed memorabilia. It also seems implausible that he just happens have an inventory of the exact prints signed, that this guy claims he bought from him unsigned after Piper's death.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: RFVideo ALLEGEDLY Selling Fake Piper Autographs

Post by AJLe » August 5th, 2015, 12:30 pm

Ugh.

Seems VERY shady that Feinstein would bulk buy a bunch of unsigned Piper prints immediately after the guy died, and also just happen to have a bunch of the exact same prints laying around the office that had been autographed by Piper.

If this is true (which I personally suspect is the case), then shame on any worker that continues to do business with RF.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » August 5th, 2015, 12:37 pm

He's ALLEGEDLY a scumbag.

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 5th, 2015, 12:43 pm

crowbar wrote:He's ALLEGEDLY a scumbag.
Yup. And the sad part is, selling fake autographs of a recently deceased wrestler isn't even the most morally questionable thing he's ALLEGED to have done...

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » August 5th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Sigs look authentic though.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » August 5th, 2015, 1:23 pm

from what i can tell, rf is alleging that they bought the signed prints from a fan that morning before they bought the unsigned ones from the artist..the fan apparently had fake autographs on the ones he sold to rf...

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » August 5th, 2015, 1:29 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:from what i can tell, rf is alleging that they bought the signed prints from a fan that morning before they bought the unsigned ones from the artist..the fan apparently had fake autographs on the ones he sold to rf...
Seriously? :rofl:

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 5th, 2015, 2:13 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:from what i can tell, rf is alleging that they bought the signed prints from a fan that morning before they bought the unsigned ones from the artist..the fan apparently had fake autographs on the ones he sold to rf...
If that's the story RF is actually telling, he's 100% lying, and I'm not even going to give him any "ALLEGED" benefit of the doubt.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » August 5th, 2015, 2:26 pm

not taking any sides, and could care less either way as I don't generally buy autographs, but hasn't rf been around long enough to not take a stupid chance trying to pawn off fake autographs of a guy who just passed away? I have to think he would have known that this could blow up and be a major problem for him selling autographs going forward...and that he would not have taken the chance..that said, he has an army of followers who hang on his every word and worship him for all the wrestlers he gets to interact with and will not hesitate to continue buying shoot tapes and autographs from him..

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 5th, 2015, 2:41 pm

oldschoolwwwf wrote:not taking any sides, and could care less either way as I don't generally buy autographs, but hasn't rf been around long enough to not take a stupid chance trying to pawn off fake autographs of a guy who just passed away? I have to think he would have known that this could blow up and be a major problem for him selling autographs going forward...and that he would not have taken the chance..that said, he has an army of followers who hang on his every word and worship him for all the wrestlers he gets to interact with and will not hesitate to continue buying shoot tapes and autographs from him..
He also is the same person who faked photo ops, I think most people remember that "scandal" with the fake Bieber, Depp, etc, photos from his Facebook when I posted the actual photos he inserted himself into.

The Piper autograph is a fairly easy one to forge. It hasn't changed in years, anyone with determination could forge it with some practice. I personally, for what it's worth, agree with AJLe. It seems far too coincidental and I find it hard to believe he would even want to bulk buy an unsigned piece from someone deceased who is unable to sign them.

I think forging autographs to fill out the inventory is common. There are few places I would trust. Steiner Sports, Celebrity Authentics, Legends of the Ring even though they're on a smaller scale. I would never hesitate buying from them when they do the privates if that was something I did. Outside of them, I always expect that they will obtain 50 legit pieces and then mix in 50 forged ones.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 5th, 2015, 2:49 pm

He needs to post the unsigned ones next to today's newspaper. Though he likely only bothered signing a few of them, so there could still be a few unsigned which would prove nothing.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 5th, 2015, 2:51 pm

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » August 5th, 2015, 2:57 pm

"chris" is pretty pissed and is killing rf on chris' fb page...havent seen rf take those kind of hits in a very long time..

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » August 5th, 2015, 3:16 pm

The "if we were forging, why wouldn't we do it for Taker and Hogan?" argument is weak - Hogan and Taker are still living, and (theoretically, at least) could come across the forgeries online, call them out as fakes, and make a public stink. Not likely, but at least possible - Roddy obviously isn't around to do so anymore. Also, the demand for Piper stuff is much higher right now, with his fans still in shock over his death, so if you were going to forge and cash in on it, now would be the perfect time to do it, as opposed to randomly risking it with Hogan and Taker merch.

Rob also went from "everybody I deal with is real" to "sorry, the fan I bought these from must have forged them", REALLY quick. It's also convenient that he supposedly bought the fakes from a random fan on the floor and not a show vendor that could be traced back and contacted.

I agree with oldschoolwwf that his loyalists will conveniently no-sell this and continue to work with him (if the perverted justice video didn't bother those people, why would this?), but the guy is a total POS in my book, and I hope the guy gets run over by the karma bus.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » August 5th, 2015, 3:57 pm

WOODMO wrote:He needs to post the unsigned ones next to today's newspaper. Though he likely only bothered signing a few of them, so there could still be a few unsigned which would prove nothing.
Which could also be faked!
AJLe wrote:The "if we were forging, why wouldn't we do it for Taker and Hogan?" argument is weak - Hogan and Taker are still living, and (theoretically, at least) could come across the forgeries online, call them out as fakes, and make a public stink. Not likely, but at least possible - Roddy obviously isn't around to do so anymore. Also, the demand for Piper stuff is much higher right now, with his fans still in shock over his death, so if you were going to forge and cash in on it, now would be the perfect time to do it, as opposed to randomly risking it with Hogan and Taker merch.

Rob also went from "everybody I deal with is real" to "sorry, the fan I bought these from must have forged them", REALLY quick. It's also convenient that he supposedly bought the fakes from a random fan on the floor and not a show vendor that could be traced back and contacted.

I agree with oldschoolwwf that his loyalists will conveniently no-sell this and continue to work with him (if the perverted justice video didn't bother those people, why would this?), but the guy is a total POS in my book, and I hope the guy gets run over by the karma bus.
Yes this is the "high point" for Roddy autographs. I would concur that his ever evolving explanation is really strange. Not only that, but again, who confirmed what he had were fakes??? The artist Chris Ott said it, but he has no proof on the signature. He simply assumed that was the case, due to the circumstances. So I equally find it bizarre that Rob went from calling them real to fake without anyone knowledgeable on Roddy's sigs chiming in. What's more, his defense originally was I've had these in stock for awhile, to oh wait, I just got them traded to me the SAME DAY I purchased the exact prints from the artist!!! As I said, just visually the signatures are pretty close to what Roddy has done, and would require a closer examination by experts. In other words, they're good enough that people would have bought them unsuspectingly.

As for RF Video, they still do shoot videos? People still care about those? What major wrestling name has Feinstein worked with lately? The people he brings to conventions are dinosaurs.