Damage 365 Radio: Stay clear of Davey Richards & Angelina Love

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Damage 365 Radio: Stay clear of Davey Richards & Angelina Love

Post by ICW » August 26th, 2016, 11:41 am

If you're in the mood for plenty of drama:
13996333_759744367462331_4675255666117254753_o.jpg
13996333_759744367462331_4675255666117254753_o.jpg (290.57 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
They went into great detail starting ~39:48 and it's a fascinating listen, I think. http://www.spreaker.com/user/damage_ath ... sons-not-t
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Damage 365 Radio: Stay clear of Davey Richards & Angelina Love

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » August 26th, 2016, 2:09 pm

Angelina looks like her face is melting.

Doesn't really surprise me. Edwards is a student of noted carny Tony Kozina.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 26th, 2016, 3:01 pm

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:Angelina looks like her face is melting.

To be fair, he noted that Edwards was a true professional and class act.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » August 26th, 2016, 3:05 pm

ICW wrote:

Got my Wolves mixed up.. Richards is the student of noted carny Tony Kozina. My apologies to Eddie Edwards. I have not heard any negative about him.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » August 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Can anyone summarize>?
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 26th, 2016, 8:44 pm

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:
ICW wrote:

Got my Wolves mixed up.. Richards is the student of noted carny Tony Kozina. My apologies to Eddie Edwards. I have not heard any negative about him.
Yeah, I met Eddie at that LOTR and he was as nice as could be and even apologized for Davey's absence. Good dude.
cmshowstopper wrote:Can anyone summarize>?
It's a REALLY long story. Also this is strictly Coach Kev's side of the story, I have NO bone in this (in case you're reading Davey and Angelina):

Back in late March, Coach Kev (the Damage 365 Radio guy) was asked by another promoter/booker if he was interested in booking The Wolves & Angelina Love for an appearance on Friday June 10th, Saturday June 11th (Legends of the Ring XXII) and Sunday June 12th for a signing at an Indie show in Allentown, PA. It was agreed that Davey and Angelina would drive from St. Louis to NJ while Eddie would drive from Boston to NJ. All three would be paid an appearance fee for each show. I believe they were also going to split the money made from the signings.

A few days after they're booked, someone contacted Coach Kev and told him that The Wolves + Angelina were being advertised for a PWS show the night of LOTR. Coach Kev took exception to that because they're in New Jersey on his dime and he's getting nothing out of them appearing for PWS, so he had them pulled for the show. Furthermore, they were already booked for a WrestlePro show that night (or the night before).

The promoter of PWS asked The Wolves + Angelina to record a message to the PWS fans explaining their absence. Davey decided to tell the fans not to bother coming to the WrestlePro show since he can't even wrestle (he's injured) and nobody wants to just see him sign at a wrestling show. Instead, they should wait until he's healed and able to compete for PWS. This made Coach Kev furious because Davey's basically telling people not to come to a signing that he's booked for through Damage Radio. That's costing him money. So Coach K asked them to promote the 3 events they were booked for - they never did it

Fast forward a couple of months...Davey & Angelina decided not to drive up to NJ and instead want a flight because they have their newborn baby. Kev says it's a bad idea to bring a newborn baby to a convention followed by a really loud wrestling show followed by another meet and greet. The baby would be uncomfortable and would ultimately be a distraction at the table, which costs Kev money.

But he has no choice. May 8th comes and Kev books their flight ($764 for both round trip tickets). The next day, he gets a phone call from Eddie saying TNA has tapings on the Sunday following LOTR and can't make the signing in Allentown. Furthermore, he now needs a flight to get to Florida from NJ. That's another $125 out of Kev's pocket.

Two days later, Angelina emails Kev and says Davey can't make the show because he has work (he's an ambulance driver) and, to make everything worse, Angelina can't find a babysitter. She planned to cancel her Friday appearance and show up at Legends ~2:00 PM - when the convention is essentially over. Kev explains to her that LOTR is their moneymaker day, the other two signings are just gravy. She needs to find a way to get in on Friday night so she can appear Saturday morning. She says she'll find a way.

Kev gets another email from Angelina asking for more money since Davey cancelled. She's also asking for a carseat because she'll have to bring the newborn.

So Kev explains they all agreed on an appearance fee plus splitting what they make at the tables. She can't get any extra until she actually shows up and signs but, even then, it won't be much. He's not going to just give her Davey's appearance fee.

So she says she'll try to find a babysitter for the newborn but she really wants more guaranteed money (this is despite their agreed upon appearance fee + the cost of the flight). He says he can't get her more. Damage then releases a press release saying Davey cancelled. This infuriates Davey and Angelina. Now it's unclear if Angelina is going to come.

Kev sends Angelina one more email a week before the con asking her, once and for all, if she's coming. She says she is. It's the morning of LOTR XXII, he's picking up the talent and Amber O'Neal tells him that Angelina isn't coming because she couldn't get a babysitter. She no caledl/no showed him. Angelina ends up contacting him an hour and 45 mins later and wants to re-book her appearance somewhere down the line.

So they come to an agreement that Davey and Angelina will appear at the October LOTR XXIII. He told them they still have credit for their flight but they just have to update their info and maybe pay a small fee. Apparently they couldn't figure out how to get that done.

On July 14th, Angelina essentially says they're booked for WrestlePro the night of LOTR - booking themselves without going through Kev, just like last time. Turns out negotiations with WrestlePro went out the window because they wanted more money.

They agree that they're still coming to LOTR but there's no appearance fee. They're going to split the money made at the table 50/50 and they're still flying in on his dime. Angelina then asks if they can workout another deal for the weekend. Kev says no. Their appearance was called off and now, apparently, lawyers have been contacted and this might go to court.

cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper » August 26th, 2016, 11:27 pm

Thanks ICW. Crazy shit man. The wrestling business is not easy. Too much BS by both talent and promoters.
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » August 27th, 2016, 10:22 am

Currently listening to this, and this guy sounds like a sexist asshole. Clearly he's stuck in this little wrestling bubble world and has no empathy for someone having a kid and having to deal with that.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 27th, 2016, 10:33 am

crowbar wrote:Currently listening to this, and this guy sounds like a sexist asshole. Clearly he's stuck in this little wrestling bubble world and has no empathy for someone having a kid and having to deal with that.
How is lacking empathy for a hetero couple with a child, sexist? Assuming you're right and the guy is an asshole, it sounds like he's being equally unfair to both the mother and the father. Some guys are so quick to wear the feminist cape! :lol:

From what I've skimmed, it seems like a guy who doesn't care about the baby and just wants to make money on his investment. If the child prohibits them from taking a booking in a natural way beneficial to all parties, they should refrain from taking them until the child is old enough to be left with someone else.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » August 27th, 2016, 10:47 am

My friend in North Carolina booked Davey & Angelina for her show last month & she said they are hard to deal with & she wouldn't book them again. She also had their baby with them.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 27th, 2016, 11:25 am

WOODMO wrote:
crowbar wrote:Currently listening to this, and this guy sounds like a sexist asshole. Clearly he's stuck in this little wrestling bubble world and has no empathy for someone having a kid and having to deal with that.
How is lacking empathy for a hetero couple with a child, sexist? Assuming you're right and the guy is an asshole, it sounds like he's being equally unfair to both the mother and the father. Some guys are so quick to wear the feminist cape! :lol:

From what I've skimmed, it seems like a guy who doesn't care about the baby and just wants to make money on his investment. If the child prohibits them from taking a booking in a natural way beneficial to all parties, they should refrain from taking them until the child is old enough to be left with someone else.
Exactly.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » August 27th, 2016, 1:26 pm

.. did you listen to the whole thing? You said you skimmed it. He also directly reads what they said and then clearly over elaborates his end. The whole thing is gross.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 27th, 2016, 3:02 pm

crowbar wrote:.. did you listen to the whole thing? You said you skimmed it. He also directly reads what they said and then clearly over elaborates his end. The whole thing is gross.
I don't have a desire to listen to however many minutes this thing is, but unless ICW left out his expectation for Angelina to make him a sandwich, I see nothing sexist. There is no burden for being understanding in business. You have a job you want done a certain way, and male or female, kids or no kids, you either take that job or you do not. ICW may have left out some degrading slurs that were used, which may very well paint this guy as a sexist, but I see nothing in what I read.

In general, I usually laugh when men yell out sexism. It's usually the overreacting, "nice guy" desire to bend over backwards and treat women like princesses. I am too much of an asshole for that, and I think with equal rights come equal responsibilities. No longer are men expected to give up their seat on a train for a woman, or make jobs easier for them. They are fully capable of doing things with the same difficulty curve as men.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » August 27th, 2016, 3:44 pm

My "exactly" was more about the idea of bringing a newborn to these settings and still expect to make money. It's not happening.

And kev did call her some tasteless names from what I remember

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 27th, 2016, 4:26 pm

Well then perhaps there was some hint of sexism. But women can earn tasteless names if the situation warrants it, just as men can. If a woman calls a man a dick, I won't say she's man hating, there's a good chance he deserves it :lol: