Would you blow off friends for combos?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
lanza218
Site Admin

Would you blow off friends for combos?

Post by lanza218 » October 29th, 2016, 10:28 am

There is a report coming that addresses this. Instead of breaking the report up later just post here

adelta13
Marked Out Pro

Re: Would you blow off friends for combos?

Post by adelta13 » October 29th, 2016, 10:34 am

No. Especially not if I already made plans with that person. Some people just have no moral compass to them and it's a shame.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 29th, 2016, 10:43 am

It depends. If the plans are combo related and you get a better combo related tip, you take it. I doubt many people in this hobby would pass up better plans to get combos, for their old inferior combo plans. That's why driving and being independent is a big help in this hobby, in addition to life in general. You can do what you need to do.

If they are non hobby plans, I almost never will cancel. It would have to be a guarantee that matters enough to me, but almost never on a chance.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » October 29th, 2016, 10:56 am

Well , again , my answer always goes in the " it depends" category. Normally , a plan is a plan w me. I have so few wants it probably would never get in the way. However if it is my top two or three and it is near guaranteed, I would explain saying " yeah I have to " then move on. I can't wait to read this report. -

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » October 29th, 2016, 12:39 pm

WOODMO wrote:It depends. If the plans are combo related and you get a better combo related tip, you take it. I doubt many people in this hobby would pass up better plans to get combos, for their old inferior combo plans. That's why driving and being independent is a big help in this hobby, in addition to life in general. You can do what you need to do.

If they are non hobby plans, I almost never will cancel. It would have to be a guarantee that matters enough to me, but almost never on a chance.
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion u already kno what it is Lanza speaks of? Hmmm... :thinking: lol

Anywho, I hate to side with one person over the other, but in this case, I think its total sh*t they wud f'ed that other person when they already made plans. Was the new opportunity greater in value to the individual, most likely, but the fact their selfish desires over friends is messed up. I'm going to create a t-shirt (trademarked) with the phrase "Combos over Bros" becuz it's so appropriate for this person! This hobby can be pretty frustrating as is, but having a friend stab u in the back? :badass: Wow!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 29th, 2016, 3:38 pm

AsianDave wrote:
WOODMO wrote:It depends. If the plans are combo related and you get a better combo related tip, you take it. I doubt many people in this hobby would pass up better plans to get combos, for their old inferior combo plans. That's why driving and being independent is a big help in this hobby, in addition to life in general. You can do what you need to do.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion u already kno what it is Lanza speaks of? Hmmm... :thinking: lol

Anywho, I hate to side with one person over the other, but in this case, I think its total sh*t they wud f'ed that other person when they already made plans. Was the new opportunity greater in value to the individual, most likely, but the fact their selfish desires over friends is messed up. I'm going to create a t-shirt (trademarked) with the phrase "Combos over Bros" becuz it's so appropriate for this person! This hobby can be pretty frustrating as is, but having a friend stab u in the back? :badass: Wow!
Lol

I get your point Dave. Typically I would agree but in many friendships the person knows the score and the values the other person has, yet still chooses to associate, accept their help, etc. I typically give people one chance to show who they are and when they do I listen. If you're wronged multiple times and choose to stay involved that's on that person.

Also, if the person ditched had roles and power reversed. I can't imagine they turn down a super rare combo.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » October 29th, 2016, 4:25 pm

I get what ur saying dude. I'm just glad I'm not overly obsessive about this hobby where I wud have to choose between the hobby and my friends. I like to think I have my priorities squared away...

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » October 29th, 2016, 4:32 pm

WOODMO wrote: I get your point Dave. Typically I would agree but in many friendships the person knows the score and the values the other person has, yet still chooses to associate, accept their help, etc. I typically give people one chance to show who they are and when they do I listen. If you're wronged multiple times and choose to stay involved that's on that person.
I don't know any of the specifics in this particular situation, but the above always holds true - if somebody's a total selfish asshole, you know that they are, and they've even burned you in the past...BUT, they give you info, provide transportation, etc., so you choose to look the other way, then you have nobody but yourself to blame when (not if) they burn you again.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » October 29th, 2016, 4:37 pm

AJLe wrote:
WOODMO wrote: I get your point Dave. Typically I would agree but in many friendships the person knows the score and the values the other person has, yet still chooses to associate, accept their help, etc. I typically give people one chance to show who they are and when they do I listen. If you're wronged multiple times and choose to stay involved that's on that person.
I don't know any of the specifics in this particular situation, but the above always holds true - if somebody's a total selfish asshole, you know that they are, and they've even burned you in the past...BUT, they give you info, provide transportation, etc., so you choose to look the other way, then you have nobody but yourself to blame when (not if) they burn you again.
AJLe,
Not to spoil anything for u or anyone else, but this probably won't come as too big of a shock to u when u read it! LOL

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » October 29th, 2016, 4:46 pm

All I can say is 2 wrongs dont make a right

AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe » October 29th, 2016, 4:48 pm

AsianDave wrote: AJLe,
Not to spoil anything for u or anyone else, but this probably won't come as too big of a shock to u when u read it! LOL
LOL, right know I literally know zero about the situation...yet I'm guessing my assumptions about who and what went down will ultimately turn out to be fairly accurate. :lol:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 29th, 2016, 4:55 pm

AsianDave wrote:I get what ur saying dude. I'm just glad I'm not overly obsessive about this hobby where I wud have to choose between the hobby and my friends. I like to think I have my priorities squared away...
Agreed, that's a big element.

There's also the fact that me and the people I frequent spots with are independent of one another. So while a hobby plan is a plan, and I try not to change that, if something big comes up the other person isn't dependent on anyone else.

It's great being able to count on a friend and ideally they don't let you down. But when a friendship has too much dependency it puts too much of a burden on the "helper", since after all, they chose to get their license and be self sufficient for that very freedom.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » October 29th, 2016, 6:19 pm

LAnza will not stop until both men are completely broken.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » October 29th, 2016, 7:55 pm

Maybe we're overdramatizing things right now, so it doesn't make much sense to make speculations until the story has been brought front and center for a real discussion. But I'm pretty positive arguments will be made, points and counter points whether it was right or wrong and support will be about 50/50. A good warning wud be to kno who ur bedding down with so u can't complain if ur disappointed by their actions.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 29th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Agreed Dave! I like both guys involved so I look forward to hearing both sides. My opinion may change when I hear from both first hand