Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Post by lanza218 »

I have hatless Dave op
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

lanza218 wrote:I have hatless Dave op
:SIGH1: insert Class wheezing
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Greg2600 wrote:...I'd have to take a photo of him reacting to something ridiculous Class said or did.
:angry14:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

There WILL be a frowning Asian Dave smilie, oh yes, there WILL be........
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben »

My top 10 are all Buffy/Angel & Game Of Thrones related:

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar
2. Alyson Hannigan
3. Emilia Clarke
4. Kit Harrington
5. Peter Dinklage
6. Lena Headey
7. Anthony Stewart Head
8. Charisma Carpenter
9. Amy Acker
10. Seth Green
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

MrTonyRuben wrote:My top 10 are all Buffy/Angel & Game Of Thrones related:

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar
2. Alyson Hannigan
3. Emilia Clarke
4. Kit Harrington
5. Peter Dinklage
6. Lena Headey
7. Anthony Stewart Head
8. Charisma Carpenter
9. Amy Acker
10. Seth Green
Hey Tony. When did u start hitting up conventions? Amy Acker was at NYCC 2012, and I'm certain so was Seth Green, and Carpenter in Philly Wizard 2013. That's 3 off ur bucket list. Bummer u missed out on them.
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben »

AsianDave wrote: Hey Tony. When did u start hitting up conventions? Amy Acker was at NYCC 2012, and I'm certain so was Seth Green, and Carpenter in Philly Wizard 2013. That's 3 off ur bucket list. Bummer u missed out on them.
I started August 2013. First event was WW Chicago. Didn't know about the Philly one til I went to Chicago and heard Charisma was at Philly. Been hoping she'd come back or get scheduled for my local show, Awesome Con.

Any my list is basically who I think will do shows (minus Clarke, Dinklage & Harrington). For other fandoms, Beckinsale and Hamill would be there too.
DarkDefender
Full Fledged Mark

Post by DarkDefender »

Was there a top 10 wants of 2016 post? I thought there was but I haven't been able to find it. anyway, in no order:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Tom Cruise
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Anthony Hopkins
6. Justin Timberlake
7. Meryl Streep
8. Roger Federer
9. Robert De Niro
10. Adele

The top 4 are my top 4 in general, so they'll be at the top for every year until I finally get them. The rest are people I should be able to see, whether or not I get the op is another story.

Others I want: Jake Gyllenhaal, Kathy Bates, Jim Carrey, Tom Hardy, Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Marilyn Manson, Gwen Stefani, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Bill Murray, Mel Gibson, Amy Adams, Cuba Gooding Jr, Clint Eastwood

Once i get all of these, I think I'd be close to retirement from this hobby.
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Off top of my head in random order
Deniro
Pesci
Leo
Seinfeld
Shane O Mac
Vince
Murray
Akroyd
Carrey
Denzel
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

DarkDefender wrote:Was there a top 10 wants of 2016 post? I thought there was but I haven't been able to find it. anyway, in no order:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Tom Cruise
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Anthony Hopkins
6. Justin Timberlake
7. Meryl Streep
8. Roger Federer
9. Robert De Niro
10. Adele

The top 4 are my top 4 in general, so they'll be at the top for every year until I finally get them. The rest are people I should be able to see, whether or not I get the op is another story.

Others I want: Jake Gyllenhaal, Kathy Bates, Jim Carrey, Tom Hardy, Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Marilyn Manson, Gwen Stefani, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Bill Murray, Mel Gibson, Amy Adams, Cuba Gooding Jr, Clint Eastwood

I think your retirement is going to be far into the future! A good many of those can be found quite frequently in the Northeastern USA (Boston, NY, DC).
DarkDefender
Full Fledged Mark

Post by DarkDefender »

Greg2600 wrote:
DarkDefender wrote:Was there a top 10 wants of 2016 post? I thought there was but I haven't been able to find it. anyway, in no order:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Tom Cruise
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Anthony Hopkins
6. Justin Timberlake
7. Meryl Streep
8. Roger Federer
9. Robert De Niro
10. Adele

I think your retirement is going to be far into the future! A good many of those can be found quite frequently in the Northeastern USA (Boston, NY, DC).
I don't visit the east coast! haha. But with awards season coming up, I'd be disappointed if I don't get at least 3 people on that entire list, not just the top 10
Luke
Marked Out King

Post by Luke »

I've still got a lot to meet but instead of listing specific names allow me to do something different:

1. More Horror Stars. I managed to meet Robert Englund this year so I'd really like to get perhaps a Kane Hodder, Linda Blair or other big name horror star. I'm a huge horror fan so one of those cult heroes would be awesome for me.

2. More voice actors from my childhood. Anyone from Dragon Ball Z, Futurama, Pokemon, Simpsons, South Park (Yeah right) etc etc are great. Any of the leading four from The Simpsons would be awesome as would leading characters from Dragon Ball Z. The conventions over here love booking the DBZ guys and girls so I should be able to achieve this which is great since I want to do a DBZ project.

3. More legendary wrestlers. I don't collect modern wrestlers because I haven't really regularly followed wrestling since 2006 but anyone who was big in the 80's or 90's I definitely want to meet. Hogan, Flair, Bret Hart, Sting, Luger etc are all at the top of my list. The only guy I would think is even mildly realistic is Bret.

4. More athletes. This year I managed to meet the Australian national team of soccer so I'll be looking to do a jersey project in 2017 for my rugby team and perhaps get the state and national team as well. With the 2017 Rugby League World Cup being hosted here in Australia I would imagine there will be plenty of opportunities for fans to meet the Australian national team. I'm looking to get more legends of the game as well.

5. James Bond actors. They don't have to necessarily have played Bond but any Bond girl, Bond villain or a guy who played Bond himself (Except Lazenby who I have) would be awesome. Unfortunately I don't see this one coming true.

6. More authors. I'm kind of getting into the idea of collecting signed books so I'm going to check book signings a lot more and anyone who I'm interested in meeting and reading their story I'm going to go to and get the book signed. I think it'd be really cool in 50 years to have a bunch of old autographed books.

7. Diana Rigg. Huge want of mine mainly because I have an On Her Majesty's Secret Service poster already signed by Lazenby. I would travel anywhere in Australia or New Zealand for a guaranteed autograph from Diana Rigg. Unfortunately it seems unlikely that she'll do it.

8. Mel Gibson. Again, massively unlikely but if I could get a guarantee of meeting him I'd want that.

9. More old school Australian actors. I'm a massive fan of the history of film in my country and a lot of these actors seem quite easy to meet since the majority have day jobs and do stage acting as a hobby. They're quite rare autographs though considering the majority of the Australian public have forgotten them and international fans can't reach them.

10. Prime Ministers. If I could meet Australian Prime Ministers from my preferred political affiliation that would be really cool. Unfortunately I have no idea how I would go about finding out where they are.
Joresky

Post by Joresky »

1. Harrison Ford
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. Angelina Jolie
4. Jack Nicholson
5. Tom Cruise
6. Brad Pitt
7. Leonardo DiCaprio
8. Julia Roberts
9. Robert Downey Jr
10. Bill Murray
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

Joresky wrote: 10. Bill Murray
damn! what a punch to the gut! :SIGH1:
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

DarkDefender wrote:Was there a top 10 wants of 2016 post? I thought there was but I haven't been able to find it.
This was the hobby goals thread from a year ago:

http://forum.markedout.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=16706

Just for more reference/nostalgia, the year before that thread too:

http://forum.markedout.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15278
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: