Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: 2017 Hobby Goals

Post by Greg2600 »

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: 2017 Hobby Goals

Post by ICW »

AJLe wrote:
AsianDave wrote:
ICW wrote:Continue to get names on my SOA kutte, particularly Charlie Hunnam and Tommy Flanagan

Continue to fill out the Encyclopedia and add to, or even finish, some projects
I saw that "Chibs" will be doing a couple of Walker Stalkers in 2017, but unless he shows up on East Coast or thereabouts, you'll be doing some serious traveling to Nashville and Chicago for him! :SIGH1:
Flanagan is probably one of the more "con regular" of the main SOA guys, so if you wait it out, he'll almost definitely come to a show local to you eventually.
Yeah, I'm hoping Flanagan will do RICC this year. I'm sure I'll get him sooner rather than later; don't think I'd fly to any con just for him.

Hunnam...I'm praying he'll do another con down the line despite his awful first experience w/Space City
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Re: Top 10 Wants Going Into 2017

Post by AsianDave »

I'm sure with Hunnam, if he was to do another con again, he's gonna be damn sure that check clears and money is in his account before he steps onto a plane! And I don't blame him one bit!
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Hunnam did do Comicpalooza in Houston a few months later. Part of that was presumably as a way to make up to the Houston fans who got screwed by Space City, but I didn't hear that he had any negative experiences, either at the event or from the promoters, and I'm sure he did good business, so hopefully that encourages him to do more appearances down the line.
jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 »

Hunnam is indeed open for more shows. Both of his agents work for a convention here in Texas and one of them is a good friend. He was filming overseas (I guess King Arthur) so that's why they didn't book him for anything for the fall.

But the bad taste he got at Space City got fixed at Comicpalooza and really wants to do more shows, but 2-3 per year. Doesn't want to go full on. I think MotorCity is one of the cons I remember being discussed.
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

jorgerr96 wrote:Hunnam is indeed open for more shows. Both of his agents work for a convention here in Texas and one of them is a good friend. He was filming overseas (I guess King Arthur) so that's why they didn't book him for anything for the fall.

But the bad taste he got at Space City got fixed at Comicpalooza and really wants to do more shows, but 2-3 per year. Doesn't want to go full on. I think MotorCity is one of the cons I remember being discussed.
whoohoo! MotorCity is usually one of the Cons i attend! nice! :rockvictory:
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

jorgerr96 wrote:Hunnam is indeed open for more shows. Both of his agents work for a convention here in Texas and one of them is a good friend. He was filming overseas (I guess King Arthur) so that's why they didn't book him for anything for the fall.

Any chance for RICC? That would be so great.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 »

ICW wrote:

Any chance for RICC? That would be so great.
It's tricky because one of the two guys owns a photo op company and the only other show Hunnam did was one that he was shooting the ops at. Right after they announced him as a client they were approached by shows that already used him as a photo op provider.
I think since both were fucked over at Space City they eventually decided to just partner up or something lol
DarkDefender
Full Fledged Mark

Post by DarkDefender »

DarkDefender wrote:Was there a top 10 wants of 2016 post? I thought there was but I haven't been able to find it. anyway, in no order:

1. Brad Pitt
2. Tom Cruise
3. Leonardo DiCaprio
4. Cate Blanchett
5. Anthony Hopkins
6. Justin Timberlake
7. Meryl Streep
8. Roger Federer
9. Robert De Niro
10. Adele

The top 4 are my top 4 in general, so they'll be at the top for every year until I finally get them. The rest are people I should be able to see, whether or not I get the op is another story.

Others I want: Jake Gyllenhaal, Kathy Bates, Jim Carrey, Tom Hardy, Jude Law, Nicole Kidman, Marilyn Manson, Gwen Stefani, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Bill Murray, Mel Gibson, Amy Adams, Cuba Gooding Jr, Clint Eastwood

Once i get all of these, I think I'd be close to retirement from this hobby.
Haven't got any on my top 10 yet but already knocked off 6 names on my "others I want" list for photo ops + a Denzel graph so 7 I guess. Hopefully I can get another 2 more by the end of the week
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Post by AJLe »

Just looked back at my top 10 wants from last (this) year - I got ZERO names off that list, and one of them died.

What's odd is that I had a pretty good year for getting people, I just didn't even touch my top ten at all.

:cries: :cries: :cries: :cries: :cries:
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Greg2600 wrote: December 17th, 2016, 11:45 am Big Name Wants:
Arnold
Hanks
Van Damme
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Harrison Ford
Mark Hamill
Bill Murray
Matt Damon
Chris Pratt
Don Mattingly

McConaughey gets an honorable mention, and he is gettable on the street. Also, Danny McBride, but where the EFF has this guy been?
Hmm, well including honorable mentions I batted .500!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben »

MrTonyRuben wrote: December 20th, 2016, 7:33 pm My top 10 are all Buffy/Angel & Game Of Thrones related:

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar
2. Alyson Hannigan
3. Emilia Clarke
4. Kit Harrington
5. Peter Dinklage
6. Lena Headey
7. Anthony Stewart Head
8. Charisma Carpenter
9. Amy Acker
10. Seth Green
I batted .100 knocking out only one name...but at least it was my top want! If things pan out for Awesome Con next year, I'll knock at least another off the list too.