Meltzer: No Field of Honor this summer

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Meltzer: No Field of Honor this summer

Post by ICW » May 25th, 2017, 10:12 am

From yesterday's Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
There is no Field of Honor show this year at Brooklyn Cyclones Stadium. That had been a summer tradition with the team, which had drawn big crowds when they did TNA shows, once or twice topping 5,000 people. They drew smaller crowds with ROH shows in recent years, but they were still among ROH’s biggest shows each year, usually doing 1,500 to 2,000. Joe Koff said that they were unable to coordinate dates this summer, but were hoping to do a show there in 2018.
I figured this wouldn't happened with War of the Worlds earlier this month and their Long Beach, CA show in July. Still a bummer though, as the Field of Honor shows are really fun.

Here's something interesting though:
The Brooklyn Cyclones are listing a "wrestling event" on their site with info TBA. I wonder if TNA is coming back?!?! Could be another Indie.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

bigman
Full Fledged Mark

Re: Meltzer: No Field of Honor this summer

Post by bigman » May 25th, 2017, 10:18 am

The shows seemed so dull (as in it seemed like a quiet crowd, nobody reacting) on the roh tv show. but the stadium looked so friggin cool and was way different.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Meltzer: No Field of Honor this summer

Post by ICW » May 25th, 2017, 10:59 am

bigman wrote:
May 25th, 2017, 10:18 am
The shows seemed so dull (as in it seemed like a quiet crowd, nobody reacting) on the roh tv show. but the stadium looked so friggin cool and was way different.
I personally enjoyed it because my girlfriend and best friend made a whole day of it last year. Walked around the boardwalk, drank some beers, went on some rides, and then had a great signing. The stadium is okay, the background view is much nicer -- especially at night with the rides lit up
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/