WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1798
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by cmshowstopper » September 19th, 2017, 1:43 am

This is a direct copy and paste from my FB. So lets discuss


Image

Attn. Fellow Convention Fans:

We've all had our taste of what we consider to be cringe worthy poses in photo ops or shunned someone for how they collect or who they get. Whether it be the guy who insists on prom poses, get 15 photo ops with the same chick all while posting how he is going to marry that celeb, etc, etc....we've seen it all.

Not anymore. If you have viewed this photo op from this past weekend's HVFF NJ/NY....you may be as appalled as I am. Im not an easy person to offend. Im not even sure if it offends me, as much as it bothers me that someone thought this was acceptable or that Barrowman was ok with this. If you have ever met John, then you know the guy loves to have a good time and makes sure every customer goes away with a great memory. But this crosses a line. We dont get this Exxotica, we shouldnt be seeing it at HVFF.

If this is ok, I wonder if I should bring this op with me and see if I can ask Katie Cassidy or Emily Bett Rickards if they would be down for this pose? "Ladies, here's my pose request. You drop to your knees. I'll pull down my pants and pretend that I have the largest dong you have ever seen." I would fully expect that after the words "drop to your knees"...I would be getting kicked square in the junk!

As a sane human being, I know better than to ask for this. This isnt fun or harmless. This is disgusting and perverted, even if done with the intent of humor. Not everyone is going to be as playful as John and nor should we expect ANYONE to be ok with this.

IF you actually believe this is ok, I'd like to hear why you think its ok. I would assume that you would be ok with man attendee asking a female celebrity for this pose would be ok in your mind, correct?

This post is going to remain private on my FB. It was posted on a HVFF group and I was shocked at how many people posted how they loved this shot, wanted to get one next time, etc. I have to believe that others just didnt comment in fear they would be removed from the group or publicaly shamed as being a hater.
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7136
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by WOODMO » September 19th, 2017, 6:35 am

Do we know he asked for it and John didn't suggest it himself?

User avatar
capman
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 456
Joined: January 16th, 2015, 5:59 am

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by capman » September 19th, 2017, 8:29 am

Well, look, the fan can certainly ask for whatever pose they want and the star can certainly say yes, but for me, I certainly don't think it is funny, clever, or even shocking. Now, what would have upset me that IF i had a young child with me or if I was in the staging area where a child was with a parent in front or back of me, You bet I would have said something and quickly ask for refund if HE agreed to that with a child around.

And I agree 100% - IF any of us asked the women to do that, we would be thrown out or disciplined ( although Katrina is debatable because she is in that Barrowman fun, mind frame).

crowbar
Marked Out King
Posts: 765
Joined: April 28th, 2014, 12:35 pm
Location: North Jersey

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by crowbar » September 19th, 2017, 8:35 am

oh my god, what in the hell

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4343
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by Greg2600 » September 19th, 2017, 9:14 am

I'm still shocked people pay for Barrowman!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King
Posts: 765
Joined: April 28th, 2014, 12:35 pm
Location: North Jersey

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by crowbar » September 19th, 2017, 9:42 am

Everyone involved in these photos should be ashamed.

ICW
Marked Out King
Posts: 956
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by ICW » September 19th, 2017, 10:29 am

Soooooo is this like...a pose that's related to the show/character? Or did this guy ask the celeb to do these poses for seemingly little to no reason?
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4343
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by Greg2600 » September 19th, 2017, 11:03 am

ICW wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 10:29 am
Soooooo is this like...a pose that's related to the show/character? Or did this guy ask the celeb to do these poses for seemingly little to no reason?
John is gay
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

ICW
Marked Out King
Posts: 956
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by ICW » September 19th, 2017, 11:14 am

Greg2600 wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 11:03 am
ICW wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 10:29 am
Soooooo is this like...a pose that's related to the show/character? Or did this guy ask the celeb to do these poses for seemingly little to no reason?
John is gay
Okay but did the celeb do that on his own or did the fan request it?
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
Greg2600
Moderator
Posts: 4343
Joined: November 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by Greg2600 » September 19th, 2017, 11:35 am

ICW wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 11:14 am
Okay but did the celeb do that on his own or did the fan request it?
No idea, but Barrowman is game for just about anything.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

hack87
Full Fledged Mark
Posts: 242
Joined: December 21st, 2010, 7:22 pm

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by hack87 » September 19th, 2017, 1:01 pm

Don't know Barrowman and just reading here that he's gay. Before I read that, I was trying to imagine someone asking for either pose from Booker T or Shawn Michaels, for instance (well, Michaels might be into it).

User avatar
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1140
Joined: March 21st, 2008, 11:21 am

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by oldschoolwwwf » September 19th, 2017, 1:35 pm

I doubt this was done with anyone else in the room, especially no kids.. this had to have discussed prior ; definitely poorest taste ever but I guess a certain audience appreciates it..doesnt really offend me as its more a who cares about this as long as it doesnt affect me in any way;

m sure you would offend 99% of the arrow cast by requesting this..he must have had prior dealings with barrowman in the past or maybe a discussion earlier that day at the autograph table, to be confident that barrowman would get a kick out of this..

ICW
Marked Out King
Posts: 956
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by ICW » September 19th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Eh as long as the celeb was cool with it, I don't see a problem with it. It's this dude's photo op.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1798
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by cmshowstopper » September 19th, 2017, 6:21 pm

WOODMO wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 6:35 am
Do we know he asked for it and John didn't suggest it himself?
Nope. Im guessing the fan asked...but who knows. Not sure thats relevant. Whether the celeb asked or the fan did...its wrong.
capman wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 8:29 am
Well, look, the fan can certainly ask for whatever pose they want and the star can certainly say yes, but for me, I certainly don't think it is funny, clever, or even shocking. Now, what would have upset me that IF i had a young child with me or if I was in the staging area where a child was with a parent in front or back of me, You bet I would have said something and quickly ask for refund if HE agreed to that with a child around.

And I agree 100% - IF any of us asked the women to do that, we would be thrown out or disciplined ( although Katrina is debatable because she is in that Barrowman fun, mind frame).
Katrina is very playful as well. I dont fashion myself a gentleman...but there is ZERO chance I would ever request this pose from a woman, a man, a whatever. I wouldnt even request it at a porno con unless it was actually posted as an option and I SURE AS HELL....aint posting it on FB. Personally, I think this is something that shouldnt be shared with the entire world. But on the broder spectrum...its not something that should be asked for by celeb or by customer. If the person ahead of me asked Katrina for it...I WOULD stand up and say something and theres a good chance I would leave her line if it actually took place. This isnt Exxotica.
ICW wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 10:29 am
Soooooo is this like...a pose that's related to the show/character? Or did this guy ask the celeb to do these poses for seemingly little to no reason?
Arrow is a superhero show...not a porno. I am assuming his reasoning is because he thought it would be just having some light hearted fun. AKA the same reason Sandusky had his way with little boys in the shower...just "horsing around".
oldschoolwwwf wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 1:35 pm
I doubt this was done with anyone else in the room, especially no kids.. this had to have discussed prior ; definitely poorest taste ever but I guess a certain audience appreciates it..doesnt really offend me as its more a who cares about this as long as it doesnt affect me in any way;

m sure you would offend 99% of the arrow cast by requesting this..he must have had prior dealings with barrowman in the past or maybe a discussion earlier that day at the autograph table, to be confident that barrowman would get a kick out of this..
I HOPE the room was cleared. I would assume it was, but who knows. Considering this guy posted it in the HVFF fan page on FB...clearly he has ZERO class and no idea what is indecency is.

Assuming he had a decent enough relationship with John and they planned this out...that only covers the basis of whether you should ask John Barrowman this. Remember, this is being offered in a public group. Many people who do not attend cons on regular basis are there. How it affects you and me Mike is the Emily Bett Rickards problem from WS Chicago. Forwhatever reason, people thought it was ok to make sexual remarks, advances and to became grabby with her. She disappeared from cons altogether for a couple of years. THATS how it affected someone like us. You and I could have had her this year but nope. People felt the need to cross the line.

I tend to lean to the side of harmless fun is fine. Even if its something I will ridicule you for...Im not gonna freak and write a 5 page letter off with picture proof (yes I did). But this...yes, I will. At the end of the day, we all must answer to whoever or whatever we believe. But today...you will answer to me. Wow...that sounds awfully Punisher like. But Im ok with that.
ICW wrote:
September 19th, 2017, 2:04 pm
Eh as long as the celeb was cool with it, I don't see a problem with it. It's this dude's photo op.
Any problem with me asking your GF for a photo op like that at the next LOTR?
Image
http://www.cmshowstopper.com/ Official Webpage Of CM Showstopper

http://www.fallenangelchristopherdaniels.com Official Webpage of Christopher Daniels

User avatar
wewantflair
Site Admin
Posts: 529
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 11:00 pm
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: WTF Photo From HVFF NJ/NY

Post by wewantflair » September 19th, 2017, 6:57 pm

lol this thread works on multiple levels

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests