“Who are you waiting to see?”

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

“Who are you waiting to see?”

Post by Btvsp3 » January 22nd, 2018, 11:23 am

Chances are if you’re waiting for a street meet you get asked this question at least once. How do you normally respond?
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

Greg2600

Re: “Who are you waiting to see?”

Post by Greg2600 » January 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm

Holy Shit do I HATE that damn question!!!!

40% I lie/give very little detail to make them go away.
35% I realize the person truthfully isn't looking to stand there regardless and tell them the truth.
25% I ignore and they call us assholes. A few times I tell them off first, if I'm in that mood.

There are certain spots where you get this more than others. Usually the natives I give them mostly the truth, because you can tell they don't want to pause from wherever they are rushing to. It's the tourists who are the real problem. Namely the European ones. Often you can't even lie to make them go away, because they have no clue who anyone is, and will just stand there like idiots and gawk. One year during TV week I literally screamed at a bunch because we were trapped in a barricade, and these shitheads were outside of it, and kept running up at the celebs and screwing the rest of us.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » January 22nd, 2018, 4:30 pm

I hate this as well, because most of the time, the idiot will mock the people waiting. I try to ignore.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 23rd, 2018, 7:32 am

I have a few go tos. Sometimes I ignore and just stare through them. Then sometimes I say I’m waiting for Ira Knobler the folk singer. Last time I told someone I was waiting for an Uber, they ask “what about the other people waiting?” And I replied how the Fuck would I know?

Only constant is I’ll never be honest.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » January 23rd, 2018, 9:23 am

I told two ladies who interrupted y conversation from my buddy visiting me on his break at the Tom Hanks signing, that I was waiting for Sid and Marty Kroft. They said "really"?. I said, "You bet, and they are bringing the puppets". Then , just like Paulie did in GoodFellas, I turned my back on them.

I try to learn wisly from the masters.

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » January 23rd, 2018, 12:39 pm

I hate when I get this question when I'm waiting on line outside, say, the Wrestling Universe. It feels so embarrassing to answer who I'm waiting for because 99% of the people don't have a clue who i'm talking about
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » January 23rd, 2018, 2:13 pm

WOODMO wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 7:32 am
My friend and I tried saying David Alan Grier once and it worked for most of the day because people know who he is but won’t really care to wait.

Until someone who was a massive fan of his decided to stay with us and kept asking when he was coming. We told him he was should be back in a few hours. After bugging us for awhile he finally gave up and left just before the actual celebrities came out.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » January 23rd, 2018, 9:13 pm

Btvsp3 wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 2:13 pm
WOODMO wrote:
January 23rd, 2018, 7:32 am
My friend and I tried saying David Alan Grier once and it worked for most of the day because people know who he is but won’t really care to wait.

Until someone who was a massive fan of his decided to stay with us and kept asking when he was coming. We told him he was should be back in a few hours. After bugging us for awhile he finally gave up and left just before the actual celebrities came out.
LOL that’s why I never give a celebrity name. You never know who likes who. Class once insisted on telling people Mark Ruffalo because he felt nobody would wait for him and I told him he was a moron