a "Classic" disagreement

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 1:39 pm
ICW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 12:48 pm
Sounds reasonable to me *shrugs* although I think I would be a little irked that I wasn't told if it was known that I wanted an Arnold photo op. I would think, "How would telling me put this in jeopardy? It's just me, what am I going to do?"
As I said, there was one person who opined for Arnold over and over, it was AJ, so I would have felt really crappy. There is another member who I know wanted Arnold as a top top want, but we heard he knew about it and chose not to come.
Yeah, I understand your perspective. Sounds reasonable.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


User avatar
djknightrida
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1760
Joined: December 22nd, 2011, 8:39 am

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by djknightrida » March 5th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Completely undertand.

Karma man.

Onto the next one.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7144
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by WOODMO » March 5th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Yeah, I was going to come and make a big reply, but Greg literally nailed it all.

This was not open to the public, so I was looking out for myself, my time, my money, and the time and money of all the other people I was attending this with. We were ticketed to attend, but it could've easily gone sideways, so I'd rather annoy acquaintances than jeopardize myself.

AJLe was someone who has publicly wanted Arnold for a while and comes alone, so he got the info. The rest did not. Karma is also fine, as I receive next to no help (not that I am asking for any) from anyone I wasn't in Ohio with. I don't need to be loved by the masses so if anyone is upset about this, well, okay.

User avatar
capman
Marked Out Pro
Posts: 470
Joined: January 16th, 2015, 5:59 am

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by capman » March 5th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Me? since u asked...

I love it all. I have no shame in asking nor giving info, but frankly, I no longer can keep up with " who needs what", with some exceptions I know for sure ( HO, overthetop, Greg I know one or two, but that's all I remember). I don't get the cutthroatness ( is that a word ?) of not sharing most times, but it is very clear of Greg's statement of why this had to be.

And AJ, I am happy for you. However, I don't know u yet, but I would be surprised if this board knew the Arnold info and did not share with u that you would not be pissed. To me, that's downright cold, and not needed especially since everyone knew. I know this board knows my golden boy, Steve Perry goal, so I would be PISSSEDD if someone got it and did not share the info with me. Does anyone owe me anything? No, but with pure honesty, I am not here to read/write "fun reports" most of the time. i am here to be kept in the loop because this site and members do it the best.

Now, where the fuck is Kirstie Alley?????

User avatar
AJLe
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1148
Joined: March 22nd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by AJLe » March 5th, 2018, 3:27 pm

capman wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 3:08 pm

And AJ, I am happy for you. However, I don't know u yet, but I would be surprised if this board knew the Arnold info and did not share with u that you would not be pissed. To me, that's downright cold, and not needed especially since everyone knew.
Would I be pissed in a "Damn it, I would have went out to Columbus if I had known Arnold was doing ops!" sort of way? Yeah, of course. But that's more of a disappointment in myself for not having found it myself. Looking back at what I know now, it would have been very, very, very difficult to find out about the event without somebody pointing me in the right direction, but not 100% impossible.

But would I have been pissed AT people like Woodmo, Greg, Lanza, etc. for knowing and not telling me? Not at all. like I said, I certainly appreciated being included, but it's not something I would have expected or felt entitled to had it not happened. I know when I've found info on rare horror people, I might tell a couple of friends that I know have similar interests, but it's not like I'd post it on the board or put it up on twitter for everybody to see.


ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

It's a weird hobby.

In comparison to most of you, I'm fairly limited with what I desire from this hobby: wrestlers, Sons of Anarchy cast (I would love to finish the kutte project), and New York Yankees (and even that's limited to an annual convention).

I don't chase names but i certainly understand the logic behind keeping information to yourself -- or selectively divulging certain information. You have to look out for your own interests.

But I keep trying to put myself in djknightrida's shoes...would I be pissed at Greg and the rest? I think I initially would be but I'd like to think I would understand their perspective...BUT I would also be asking myself, "Why did they draw the line with themselves? What could I have possibly done to jeopardize this?"

I think that's what would bother me the most and it would be a bit difficult for me to swallow.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4354
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by lanza218 » March 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm

But what is DJs shoes? Draw what line?

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 4:07 pm

lanza218 wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 4:03 pm
But what is DJs shoes? Draw what line?
Meaning, you guys decided to share this info with one person (and I happen to agree with your reasoning) but, if I were DJ, I would feel like, "Man I just missed out on getting Arnold. Why didn't they tell me? What could I have done to have blown this?" Especially if he had to pay $$$ for an actual ticket.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

lanza218
Site Admin
Posts: 4354
Joined: March 15th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by lanza218 » March 5th, 2018, 4:21 pm

As stated 100x over it wasnt to fuck others or brag. In speakong for myself, An opportunity was presented to me that I took advantage of. Dj was not the only person I know that I didnt tell and others knew of event, bith going or skipping, and didnt post anywhere as well. The nature of this opportunity is why I personally felt to not share or post publicly. It was not like a comic con meet and greet or Wizard World. People have hid info from me while actually lying to my face and also people on this board have had info and not posted knowing wants of mine etc etc

User avatar
djknightrida
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1760
Joined: December 22nd, 2011, 8:39 am

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by djknightrida » March 5th, 2018, 7:05 pm

ICW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

But I keep trying to put myself in djknightrida's shoes...would I be pissed at Greg and the rest? I think I initially would be but I'd like to think I would understand their perspective...BUT I would also be asking myself, "Why did they draw the line with themselves? What could I have possibly done to jeopardize this?"

I think that's what would bother me the most and it would be a bit difficult for me to swallow.

It is what it is. Elephants don’t forget and neither does the dj. The most ridiculous part of it is I was closer the the spot (hour away) than anyone they likely could have even of given the info to.

Above all I’ve learned who is actually my friend and who isn’t.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 7:24 pm

djknightrida wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:05 pm
ICW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 3:47 pm

But I keep trying to put myself in djknightrida's shoes...would I be pissed at Greg and the rest? I think I initially would be but I'd like to think I would understand their perspective...BUT I would also be asking myself, "Why did they draw the line with themselves? What could I have possibly done to jeopardize this?"

I think that's what would bother me the most and it would be a bit difficult for me to swallow.

It is what it is. Elephants don’t forget and neither does the dj. The most ridiculous part of it is I was closer the the spot (hour away) than anyone they likely could have even of given the info to.

Above all I’ve learned who is actually my friend and who isn’t.
I don't know you but I've met the others before and they seem like solid dudes, who just had info that they didn't want to risk getting out. I'm sure it's tough to swallow but I don't think they're being unreasonable. I understand why it stings, though.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7144
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by WOODMO » March 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm

As a general rule, if I only see you a few times a year and don't ever talk to just catch up on life, we aren't friends. I think people throw that word around too generously.

I like DJ and always enjoy hanging out with him when I see him at a spot, but if that was my criteria for who I invited to Arnold we would have had 30 people at the event and possibly wound up going to Ohio for nothing.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 7:37 pm

WOODMO wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm
As a general rule, if I only see you a few times a year and don't ever talk to just catch up on life, we aren't friends. I think people throw that word around too generously.

I like DJ and always enjoy hanging out with him when I see him at a spot, but if that was my criteria for who I invited to Arnold we would have had 30 people at the event and possibly wound up going to Ohio for nothing.
Yeah, I consider people in this hobby acquaintances with a few exceptions.

That being said, would I give info to an acquaintance? Depends.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

User avatar
WOODMO
Site Admin
Posts: 7144
Joined: March 14th, 2008, 12:46 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by WOODMO » March 5th, 2018, 7:43 pm

ICW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:37 pm
WOODMO wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm
As a general rule, if I only see you a few times a year and don't ever talk to just catch up on life, we aren't friends. I think people throw that word around too generously.

I like DJ and always enjoy hanging out with him when I see him at a spot, but if that was my criteria for who I invited to Arnold we would have had 30 people at the event and possibly wound up going to Ohio for nothing.
Yeah, I consider people in this hobby acquaintances with a few exceptions.

That being said, would I give info to an acquaintance? Depends.
Exactly. I made marked out as a way to share info so clearly I value that. The issue here, as was already said, was the nature of the event and not wanting to force organizers to take a long hard look at what was happening.

ICW
Marked Out Master
Posts: 1197
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 9:38 pm
Contact:

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by ICW » March 5th, 2018, 7:49 pm

WOODMO wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:43 pm
ICW wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:37 pm
WOODMO wrote:
March 5th, 2018, 7:30 pm
As a general rule, if I only see you a few times a year and don't ever talk to just catch up on life, we aren't friends. I think people throw that word around too generously.

I like DJ and always enjoy hanging out with him when I see him at a spot, but if that was my criteria for who I invited to Arnold we would have had 30 people at the event and possibly wound up going to Ohio for nothing.
Yeah, I consider people in this hobby acquaintances with a few exceptions.

That being said, would I give info to an acquaintance? Depends.
Exactly. I made marked out as a way to share info so clearly I value that. The issue here, as was already said, was the nature of the event and not wanting to force organizers to take a long hard look at what was happening.
You may not be able to answer this but was this an event that only very specific people knew about in advanced? What makes this a non-public event?
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/


Post Reply