a "Classic" disagreement

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
lanza218
Site Admin

Re: a "Classic" disagreement

Post by lanza218 » March 5th, 2018, 8:45 pm

No idea how many knew but it was not open to the public. Again, speaking for myself, and the others im sure had same mindset, I didnt specifically leave anyone out or tell anyone specifically. So its not like the entire board knee except DJ. And its not like we were the only ones who knew. It is nothing personal to anyone involved

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 6th, 2018, 11:55 am

You guys crack me up. Where else can you read stories about you crazy cats traveling to another state for a one second photo with a celebrity, and assuming you paid a lot? and then back and forth about not mentioning it to others and the "Ethical" decision? Only on the marked out forum! Keep writing and I'll continue to be fascinated with this unique passion of you guys on here!! The documentary and possible follow-up book is in pre-production. :)

If not and since it's never been mentioned, I'm going to assume it was a corporate trade show of which he was speaking at and a bunch of you pretended to work for the company to get the photo? If not, I'm curious about the event since it wasn't a public signing or speaking engagement. Guess I'll find out in Greg's report?

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » March 6th, 2018, 1:31 pm

Guess it would have been free if I brought my kids

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » March 6th, 2018, 2:21 pm

The exact nature of the event won't be discussed. The entire disagreement is stupid. If you aren't a close personal friend of mine, I owe you nothing and I am sorry for nothing. The perfect way to not feel guilty is not ask for or rely on people outside of your direct circle for help, so you don't feel as though you owe anyone anything.

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » March 6th, 2018, 2:35 pm

assuming even with the travel, it was at least free? recruit some fake kids if that would have gotten you a free pic. :)

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » March 6th, 2018, 2:43 pm

WOODMO wrote:
March 6th, 2018, 2:21 pm
The exact nature of the event won't be discussed. The entire disagreement is stupid. If you aren't a close personal friend of mine, I owe you nothing and I am sorry for nothing. The perfect way to not feel guilty is not ask for or rely on people outside of your direct circle for help, so you don't feel as though you owe anyone anything.
Reasonable.

I get told minor info like future guest announcements for wrestling cons but don't share because I'm asked not to. I do like to tease it (if I can) though someone here called me out on that lol
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 » March 6th, 2018, 2:52 pm

I’m not as active in here as I was but I can see why you didn’t share it.

When I said that Hunnam was doing CP back in 2016 some guy in here that I don’t talk to posted it on the FB event asking if it was true, and that kinda ruined a few things for me, so since then I don’t share anything anymore.
(And Hunnam wasnt a secret since the Space City VIP buyers knew about it)

Telling one extra guy could mean he or she could tell another one and so on and on.

But if I lived nearby or was an easy trip I also get DJs point.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » March 6th, 2018, 4:11 pm

Truly no more discussion needed. I wrongly assumed certain people were my friends. Case closed. No further dialogue required. Lock this bitch.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: