Is Legends Of The Ring 26 the last?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Legends Of The Ring 26 ( June 9th, 2018)

Post by ICW »

cmshowstopper wrote: March 11th, 2018, 11:39 pm
ICW wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:09 pm I've heard so many different rumors...it's tough to get a feel for what's legit.

I'll say this: there's clearly frustration from *a lot* of vendors. I've had a few tell me the same thing: little control who they bring in. I know someone who's dying to bring in a fairly big name but hasn't been given the greenlight unless the promoters of the con get a certain cut.
And yet LOTR sells out of vendor tables at every freaking con. Every big name vendor comes to LOTR to vend...complaint in hand. And they will come back next year and the year after that and the year after that. Ever been to a LOTR and find the vendor room scarce of vendors?
That's a good point though the past two LOTR have been sparsely attended. I mean, it felt downright empty in October.

That's their complaint: they can't bring in who they want, so they constantly bring in retreads who don't do good business or as good of business as someone else they want to bring in. I will agree that some talk the talk and don't walk the walk - that's obvious - but I was genuinely surprised at how vocal a lot of vendors were about this.

Also, just wanted to clarify for everyone: the rumor I heard about LOTR shutting down after this show and trying for Hogan and or/Punk and Lee did not come from a vendor. It was from someone who claims they talked to someone close to LOTR, so obviously take that with a huge grain of salt.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

I don't understand the "can't bring anyone we want" quip? On what grounds would LOTR stop them from bringing a wrestler?
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Greg2600 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 9:13 am I don't understand the "can't bring anyone we want" quip? On what grounds would LOTR stop them from bringing a wrestler?
This has been going on for years. They get guest approval on all vendor requests and if it is someone they "plan on using in the future" they can and apparently often have rejected the booking.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

WOODMO wrote: March 12th, 2018, 9:16 am
Greg2600 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 9:13 am I don't understand the "can't bring anyone we want" quip? On what grounds would LOTR stop them from bringing a wrestler?
This has been going on for years. They get guest approval on all vendor requests and if it is someone they "plan on using in the future" they can and apparently often have rejected the booking.
Yep, this.

For example: I know a vendor that wants to bring in a fairly big name, someone a good amount of people have asked for over the years that rarely does wrestling cons.

The vendor told me that he has the means to pay their insanely high booking fee but he’s been told he cannot book them unless the promoters of the con get in on the action and/or the promoters have rejected the guest because they plan to bring that guest in the future.

The vendor feels like they’ll lose money if they have give a certain cut, so they’ve refused so far.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

Anyways, it might be a good idea to move this over to the hobby discussion so we don't clutter this thread. Whatever happens, happens. I'm just really looking forward to this show regardless.
Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 »

Btw, I asked a certain vendor if they will be at Lotr and that's when they said no and that lotr isn't for the long because "they can only bring the same names for so long".
crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Is Legends Of The Ring 26 the last?

Post by crossfire »

Anthony18 wrote: March 12th, 2018, 12:42 pm Btw, I asked a certain vendor if they will be at Lotr and that's when they said no and that lotr isn't for the long because "they can only bring the same names for so long".
Big event does the exact same thing thing. The only difference is location and the superticket system.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

I hope Austin Aries is booked for this show
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

No different than other cons. I think LOTR might be a little more strict on their list than others. But when you reach their size, you can be a bit more picky and choosy.
crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire »

ICW wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:09 pm I've heard so many different rumors...it's tough to get a feel for what's legit.

I'll say this: there's clearly frustration from *a lot* of vendors. I've had a few tell me the same thing: little control who they bring in. I know someone who's dying to bring in a fairly big name but hasn't been given the greenlight unless the promoters of the con get a certain cut.
And yet LOTR sells out of vendor tables at every freaking con. Every big name vendor comes to LOTR to vend...complaint in hand. And they will come back next year and the year after that and the year after that. Ever been to a LOTR and find the vendor room scarce of vendors?
Tmart left for years because of it and highspots has never returned but yeah that’s about it.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Post by cmshowstopper »

crossfire wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Tmart left for years because of it and highspots has never returned but yeah that’s about it.
Highspots has quite a bit to travel to get to LOTR. Do they do Big Event anymore? I have no idea.

As far as Tmart...if they left, then they left. But they were quickly replaced with someone else. There are more vendors now then ever.
crossfire
Marked Out Pro

Post by crossfire »

cmshowstopper wrote: March 13th, 2018, 12:54 am
crossfire wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Highspots has quite a bit to travel to get to LOTR. Do they do Big Event anymore? I have no idea.

As far as Tmart...if they left, then they left. But they were quickly replaced with someone else. There are more vendors now then ever.
Yes highspots does every big event.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

cmshowstopper wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:56 pm
No different than other cons. I think LOTR might be a little more strict on their list than others. But when you reach their size, you can be a bit more picky and choosy.
I wasn’t putting this only on LOTR or implying they’re wrong to do it. It’s often times good business
Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 »

MZ Promotions also doesn't do LOTR anymore.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Re: Is Legends Of The Ring 26 the last?

Post by ICW »

I don't mind if Big Event or LOTR reject a guest because they plan on bringing them in themselves in the future. That's understandable -- just follow through with it.