Asking a celebrity to redo an autograph?

Discuss general topics dealing with the hobby.
Btvsp3
Marked Out Pro

Asking a celebrity to redo an autograph?

Post by Btvsp3 »

So my dilemma is I met a celeb on the street earlier this year but they signed my poster in the wrong color. Now I’m at a con he’s at and am hoping to have him go over the autograph in a different color without paying the high price of an auto. Has anyone asked this before? I’m nervous to ask.
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser
Gumby
Marked Out King

Re: Asking a celebrity to redo an autograph?

Post by Gumby »

Do not ask.

Not only will you appear crazy, but I've seen people sign over past signatures and it always, ALWAYS looks terrible.

You have 2 options:

1) Accept the bad graph and move forward.
2) Start all over again. Buy a fresh new copy of the poster and pay for him to sign it at the show in the color/ spot you want.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Depending on the poster you may be able to remove the bad graph
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
CS11000
Learning To Mark Out

Post by CS11000 »

I wouldnt try to get a freebie at a paid location. Even more so being a redo of a freebie.

1 thing to always think about. There are celebs especially in the sports world that have different sigs for Free Signing Events & for Paid Events.
So even if you Paid would the celeb be possibly doing a Paid Sig Over the Free Sig?

I have had to ask for Redos twice. Both Paid Situations

Tommy John Signed a Card in Pen & I like Sharpies for my cards so he went over the pen sig

Maury Wills Signed a Bookpage in Pen & I wanted Sharpie so he signed again in Sharpie. Not over the first so its 2 autos on that Page which is ok with me as it was his page.

I had no problem in a paid situation asking for the Redo. Had it been a freebie I would not have asked for the redo.
yosemitechris
Marked Out Master

Post by yosemitechris »

class316 wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 1:02 pm Depending on the poster you may be able to remove the bad graph
ya if it's on a glossy paper, you maybe able to use a dry earse marker to remove the graph. be aware it does not alway work, sometimes it just messes up the paper!
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

Hand sanitizer works even better than dry erase marker. If often works on matte finishes too. LT ruined a matte photo of mine at The Big Event and I was able to make it legible.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

TheDuke wrote: December 13th, 2018, 12:13 pm Hand sanitizer works even better than dry erase marker. If often works on matte finishes too. LT ruined a matte photo of mine at The Big Event and I was able to make it legible.
Hand sanitizer? Never heard that one
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

class316 wrote: December 13th, 2018, 12:50 pm
TheDuke wrote: December 13th, 2018, 12:13 pm Hand sanitizer works even better than dry erase marker. If often works on matte finishes too. LT ruined a matte photo of mine at The Big Event and I was able to make it legible.
Hand sanitizer? Never heard that one
Total game changer. Give it a test first if you are apprehensive but it has saved me a few times. My Lawrence Taylor was ruined beyond belief so I had nothing to lose. I have never had problems fixing problems on glossy photos but it was my first success on a matte finish.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

TheDuke wrote: December 14th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Total game changer. Give it a test first if you are apprehensive but it has saved me a few times. My Lawrence Taylor was ruined beyond belief so I had nothing to lose. I have never had problems fixing problems on glossy photos but it was my first success on a matte finish.
So post us a picture of what hand sanitizer works for you
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

BeforeImage After Image Carone hand sanitizer and a q tip. Again this is a matte finish not glossy.
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

I also bought a multi signed item with over 35 signatures the other day for 20 bucks because it had a smudge. A little hand sanitizer and the smudge is gone, pretty much stole the photo.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

That's impressive, thanks. But I meant the actual product that you use.
TheDuke

Post by TheDuke »

class316 wrote: December 15th, 2018, 7:41 am That's impressive, thanks. But I meant the actual product that you use.
Careone is what I used. Purell works fine too.