Misc. April Meets in NYC

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Misc. April Meets in NYC

Post by Greg2600 » April 21st, 2017, 12:12 am

This is a report on meets that intertwined some other reports and such. Star Wars Dave? I'm still TWO reports away from that!

First up was the tandem of iconic director Walter Hill, and his actress Sigourney Weaver. My primary focus was Hill, because Sigourney is around a lot, even though I have miserable luck with her. Hill is 75, and recently when the Warriors Fest guy tried to book him, the cost was exorbitant. Hill directed The Warriors, Streets of Fire, 48 Hours, and even Tales from the Crypt! I arrived and stupidly opted not to go inside, and thus lost a shot at Weaver photo which adelta got. When Hill left he did nothing at first, same as when he arrived. But then I RAN to the end of the line and started waiving my Warriors poster, and he hobbled over, signed it, and left. Not finished, I knew where he'd be next, so I hustled on up there. Despite there being just 2 of us there, he ignored me at first, and I had to beg a bit. Finally he swiveled around once inside the door way and did a photo from behind the glass door! Ha ha, oh well, but I'll take it.

:troll:

Image Image

Another spot had two of my favorite supporting actors, Laurie Metcalf from Roseanne and Dear God, and Chris Cooper, who is one of the best. I missed Laurie at the Bruce Willis spot, largely due to Bruce. Laurie was nice as can be, although very few people waited at this one. In fact, Chris Cooper blanked us few one night, but on a 2nd attempt he was fine.

Image Image

On another occasion, with little happening, I learned of a spot where Fran Drescher and Brian Dennehy appeared as :random: so I headed over. Fran is of course The Nanny, and Dennehy started in First Blood, Cocoon, and any number of other films where he plays the old tough guy. Fran I had no problem getting, though cut my head off (she's pretty short). Dennehy I waited until he got away from the crowd, but unfortunately the photo is pretty bad, very fuzzy.

Image Image

Last but not least, following the Philly Cons I craved MORE so I ventured into NYC. While most of the combo hunters were chasing Fast and the Furious names (I tried a couple times for Kurt Russell graphs but he blew us off), I did some low key stuff. I hit a usual spot for the pesky Will Patton, and for a graph from Josh Charles. I'm basically the only person waiting for these actors who wasn't a friend. Got Danny McCarthy from Prison Break, Danny Mastrogiorgio from Gotham no problem. As expected, Patton was tough. I first told him I loved The Postman, which I do, and he did a double take. Said something about how it's grown in significance. He wasn't having the photo, but I pestered him and got it. Since he didn't want it posted, I'll simply post with a postage stamp on his head for now!

I was forced to wait a lot longer now as Josh Charles was chatting with friends and co-star Josh Hamilton. They finally finished, and I felt it was pretty awkward to pull out my item for Josh, so I just asked for a group shot. I'll get him another time. One random was there, actor Mark Blum, who I somehow remembered as the boyfriend in Crocodile Dundee. He was very kind.

Image Image

As I left the building, I see a couple guys walking my way with luggage, wearing soccer warmup gear. Instantly I recognize one as Italian soccer star Andrea Pirlo, who is one of my favorite players!!! Wow just Wow! Before I could get my camera out, a bystander gets a photo, and then it gets crazy. Some maniac driving a taxi nearly CRASHES up and over the curb, stops the car, and jumps out and wants a photo, which I took for the guy.

Feeling my luck was going good, I went to a spot for Laura Linney. I got a photo last year, but it came pretty lousy, so I wanted an upgrade and a signed photo. Laura is one of my favorite actresses. As I waited the cops came buy and threatened to ticket the cars waiting on the actors! Laura was super nice.

Graph and old pic
Image Image
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Re: Misc. April Meets in NYC

Post by Gumby » April 21st, 2017, 12:20 am

Great report with some incredible names, Greg! Congratulations on getting Walter Hill on your Warriors poster, it really is incredible.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 21st, 2017, 12:22 am

Thanks, it's basically one person short still, that of "Cowboy."

Gumby
Marked Out Pro

Post by Gumby » April 21st, 2017, 12:44 am

Well, I've faith in you getting him in 2017. :like:

Your picture with Hill came out pretty good too, all things considered. It actually took me a second to even notice the floating head. How was Dennehy? Is he an easy get? Does he sign often?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 21st, 2017, 1:23 am

Dennehy is fairly easy, but he's old and walks with a limp.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » April 21st, 2017, 9:45 am

Great stuff!!

The Dennehy shot is fine, fuzzy or not it's clearly him.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » April 21st, 2017, 9:59 am

Would love to meet Dennehy.

Excellent score
:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » April 23rd, 2017, 2:03 am

Thar Walter Hill shot is actually pretty good. If you photo shopped your reflection above his head out, no one would really be able to tell he was behind the glass.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » April 23rd, 2017, 11:03 am

heelorton79 wrote:
April 23rd, 2017, 2:03 am
Thar Walter Hill shot is actually pretty good. If you photo shopped your reflection above his head out, no one would really be able to tell he was behind the glass.
Kudos to the staff for the cleanliness of their door! Yeah it's possible but would easily take me several days off and on, to do.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » April 26th, 2017, 2:41 am

Honestly I prefer the old Laura Linney shot as she has no beanie
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/