Sally Field, Chris Cooper, Clark Duke, Clea Duvall and more in NYC

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Sally Field, Chris Cooper, Clark Duke, Clea Duvall and more in NYC

Post by Joresky »

After we got finished at Chiller this past Saturday class and I headed to NYC to try our luck on the street. First we went to a spot where i was hoping to meet actors Clark Duke and Ellar Coltrane. Other celebs who were scheduled to be at this spot included Chevy Chase and Burt Reynolds but I had both of them so I focused all of my attention on the other two. There were quite a few combo hunters waiting but most of them were waiting for Burt and Chevy since I saw quite a few of them had merch to get signed. I spotted actor Josh Lucas randomly and got a photo update with him. We saw Chevy Chase arrive but he did nothing for nobody. Burt Reynolds arrived and signed a few from his car but didn't do any photos and most people didn't get him so in hindsight i'm very glad I got Chevy and Burt in paid settings. Next I saw Clark Duke arrive with his mother but he didn't stop for anyone going in unfortunately. We saw actress Ariel Winter arrive but I already had a photo with her from DC so I didn't fight much to get it. We never saw Ellar Coltrane arrive which I was bummed about because I wanted to meet him. We were joined at this spot by my good friends James, Jimmy, Suzanne, Martin and Greg. We spotted actress Clea Duvall randomly and we got photos with her which was cool because I enjoyed her work in The Faculty and Ghosts of Mars. This at least meant I was on the board because I already had Josh Lucas previously. We also saw actress Frances Fisher (Titanic.. ex wife of Clint Eastwood) and she did photo ops for everyone that asked. We saw actress Rosario Dawson but I had her many times so I didn't budge. At this point I grabbed some dinner then waited for exits. We decided to go to alternative spot because we weren't sure if they were leaving through the front door or back door. We arrived at the next spot and there were quite a few waiting. We heard Clark Duke did photos leaving the other spot so I was hoping for similar luck here. Burt Reynolds and Chevy arrived and dealers swarmed them but it didn't appear that they had any success. Finally, I saw Clark Duke arrive and I got a great selfie and two things signed (photo and Hot Tub Time Machine blu ray).

At this point me and class left this spot and headed to another spot for actor Chris Cooper. Time was a bit tight but we managed to get a spot on the front rail. We each managed to get a combo from Chris which was awesome because he is a decent name. We were lucky to get him because he didn't even take care of everyone who was waiting. After this we headed to a spot for actress Sally Field. I didn't have too much hope in this spot because I heard she wasn't posing for photos anymore. I asked class to help me procure some "materials" to increase my chances of a photo op. Finn Wittrock came out and got his autograph but didn't bother for a photo op since I had one already that wasn't from behind a rail. Security came out and told us not to ask for selfies but Sally would sign our playbills no problem. At this point I was a bit defeated but decided I would ask anyway.. what do I have to lose. Sally went to the other side first and then went to our side. Me and class were the last ones on the rail so this actually worked to our advantage. I told Sally I came up for my birthday and then kindly asked for a selfie and she agreed. Sally made a funny face in the pic but it is not blurry and valid so beggars can't be choosers. Class managed to score one as well but she wouldn't sign his merch. I saw Andy Cohen randomly at this spot so I got an updated photo with him. Also as we were walking down the street my buddy Martin spotted comedian Mo Rocca and I got a photo with him as well. At this point I left to NYC and after scoring a first time Sally Field and other names I was pretty happy with my trip. I could have scored a couple more photos if I stayed Sunday (Ed Helms, Diane Kruger) but I was completely spent and needed a day of R&R so I chose the easier route and relaxed. Overall, not a bad trip at all.
Me and actress Sally Field
Me and actress Sally Field
Me and actor Chris Cooper
Me and actor Chris Cooper
Me and actor Clark Duke
Me and actor Clark Duke
Me and actress Clea Duvall
Me and actress Clea Duvall
Me and actress Frances Fisher
Me and actress Frances Fisher
Me and comedian Mo Rocca
Me and comedian Mo Rocca
Me and actor Josh Lucas
Me and actor Josh Lucas
Me and Andy Cohen
Me and Andy Cohen
Sally Field autograph
Sally Field autograph
Chris Cooper signed photo
Chris Cooper signed photo
Clark Duke signed photo
Clark Duke signed photo
Clark Duke signed blu ray
Clark Duke signed blu ray
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: Sally Field, Chris Cooper, Clark Duke, Clea Duvall and more in NYC

Post by Greg2600 »

Wait a minute, no no no, this report must be :fakenews:! I mean, I was told multiple times over by :depressed: that NYC was dead for combo hunters. DEAD!

Funniest moment was Clea Duvall denied Class pretty badly at first, mainly because he did his usual crazy man routine of running at her with camera in her face.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

You guys should have seen :joresky: after he got Sally. We were walking from the spot to our free parking spot (where he had to get his stuff) he was jumping up and down in euphoria celebrating his "new born baby" as he put it.

Sadly, this wasn't much of a score for me. I already had Sally Field. Can't even say this is an upgrade due to the hat.
Greg2600 wrote: April 28th, 2017, 11:29 amFunniest moment was Clea Duvall denied Class pretty badly at first, mainly because he did his usual crazy man routine of running at her with camera in her face.
Curious how she denied me "badly"

I asked she said she would return in 15 minutes and do it. 5 minutes later SHE came up to ME and said she told me she'd come back then took a photo op with me.
Last edited by class316 on April 28th, 2017, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave »

I really love your Fields photo op dude! It's hilarious and awesome! I really prefer these candid shots anyway, it really shows the human side of the celebrity. Posed photos are fine, but I can always go to Sears for a portrait/studio shot!

great stuff again!
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida »

Still wanna meet Clark.

Sally photo is great
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: