JOresky's New York Comic Con 2017 Report- Day 1

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's New York Comic Con 2017 Report- Day 1

Post by Joresky » October 12th, 2017, 11:32 am

I embarked on my yearly New York Comic Con trip from Thursday to Sunday. The night before I met singer Darlene Love at the "Power of Age" Expo in Baltimore. The expo was free so I got to wait inside. She wouldn't stop before her concert but afterwards they set up an autograph table and she signed and took photos. She signed everyone's items first and then we lined up again for photo ops. There weren't that many people waiting so it didn't take that long. Her most famous song is "Christmas" which is featured in the Home Alone soundtrack. I arrived in NYC around 12:15 so at this point NYCC had already started a couple hours ago. I found out I missed photo ops with John C. McGinley, Adrianne Palicki and Jacob Batalon (Spiderman Homecoming.. was told he didn't stop) when I arrived. Oh well.. at least in their John photos he had shades on so it wasn't as big of a loss. The first photo I scored was actor Robert Patrick who I already had several times but this time he had shades so I figured why not get another since he looks different. Next I got a fresh photo with WWE wrestler Xavier Woods (The New Day). After this I got updates with Alex Vincent, Fiona Dourif and Jason David Frank. After this we went inside to meet the rock band Nerf Herder. They are famous for doing the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV theme song. They were very nice and had a print on their table which they signed for free and I got a group photo op. Next I got a free combo from actress Marli Renfro who was Janet Leigh's body double in the infamous shower scene in Psycho. After this I browsed around a bit then went outside and I saw actors Michael Maronna and Danny Tamberelli (Nickelodeons Pete and Pete) who I already had photos with but this time I got a free group shot. After this I got free updated photos with Seth Green, Vivica A Fox and Ryan Hurst. After this I went back inside and got a combo with voice actor Carey Means (Frylock in TVs Aquateen Hunger Force) and got a free update with Claudio Sanchez, lead singer of Coheed and Cambria. Next I got updates with actors Brad Dourif and Don Mancini (creator of Childs Play). I also got fresh photos with actor Ricky Whittle (American Gods), Yetide Badaki (American Gods) and Pablo Schreiber (updated photo). After this I left the con and went to see the Epic Rap Battles of History in concert. I bought a VIP ticket so I got to meet the band after the show. The concert was amazing.. they did constant costume changes and had a crazy energy to them. They were super nice guys when I met them afterwards.. got a photo between Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter and they signed a cool poster I was given. Overall, not bad for my first day.
photoepicrapbattles.jpg
Me and Nice Peter and Epic Lloyd of Epic Rap Battles of History
photonerfheder.jpg
Me and the band Nerf Herder
photomarlirenfro.jpg
Me and actress Marli Renfro
photopeteandpete.jpg
Me and actors Michael Maronna and Danny Tamberelli
photopeteandpete2.jpg
Me and actors Michael Maronna and Danny Tamberelli
photorickywhittle.jpg
Me and actor Ricky Whittle
photoyetidebadaki.jpg
Me and actress Yetide Badaki
photobraddourif.jpg
Me and actor Brad Dourif
photoalexvincent.jpg
Me and actor Alex Vincent
photocareymeans.jpg
Me and actor Carey Means
photodonmancini.jpg
Me and Don Mancini
photoclaudiosanchez.jpg
Me and Claudio Sanchez
photofionadourif.jpg
Me and actress Fiona Dourif
photojasondavidfrank.jpg
Me and actor Jason David Frank
photopabloschreiber.jpg
Me and actor Pablo Schreiber
photorobertpatrick.jpg
Me and actor Robert Patrick
photoryanhurst.jpg
Me and actor Ryan Hurst
photosethgreen.jpg
Me and actor Seth Green
photovivicafox.jpg
Me and actress Vivica A Fox
photoxavierwoods.jpg
Me and WWE wrestler Xavier Woods
photodarlenelove.jpg
Me and singer Darlene Love
autoepicrapbattles.jpg
Epic Rap Battles of History signed poster
autocareymeans.jpg
Carey Means signed photo
autodarlenelove.jpg
Darlene Love signed photo
autnerfherder.jpg
Nerf Herder signed photo
automarlirenfro.jpg
Marli Renfro signed postcard
automarlirenfro.jpg (14.84 KiB) Viewed 384 times
automarlirenfro2.jpg
Marli Renfro signed poster
automarlirenfro2.jpg (18.73 KiB) Viewed 384 times

Greg2600

Re: JOresky's New York Comic Con 2017 Report- Day 1

Post by Greg2600 » October 12th, 2017, 11:48 am

Nice gets there Jerry. Darlene Love eludes me. She never puts the merch table out at the concerts I try!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 12th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Looks good! Nice seeing you and sorry for that photobomb!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 13th, 2017, 8:50 am

heelorton79 wrote:
October 12th, 2017, 3:45 pm
Looks good! Nice seeing you and sorry for that photobomb!
Good seeing you too and its cool.. a photobomb from you only increases the value of the photo considering how many A listers you've posed with :bowdown: :bowdown: