Ronnie Milsap, Chicago and Pauly Shore in York/Baltimore

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

Ronnie Milsap, Chicago and Pauly Shore in York/Baltimore

Post by Joresky »

This past weekend I met some music meets and a repeat comedy name in Baltimore, MD and York, PA. On Friday me and some buddies went to York, PA (only 40 miles north of where I live) to attend a concert by old school country artist Ronnie Milsap and the VIP meet and greet was only $70 ($20 more than the regular ticket) so it was a no brainer. I know I don't usually go for country artists because I am not a country fan but I am more inclined to go for old school ones over newer artists. I already have photos with Willie Nelson and Garth Brooks so I figured Milsap would be a nice addition to the collection. My buddy told me Milsap had 40 number one hits in the 70s and 80s so I figured this would be a good one to get. Also I hear he can be tough on the streets (hes blind and I hear has a tough handler) so $70 for a guarantee was a steal. The opening band was regional act 3 West who played a lot of covers.. I don't think they are valid but I got a photo with them after the show anyway just in case. The show was pretty good.. i'm not a country fan but I enjoyed the show regardless. Ronnie still has his wits despite him being in his 70s.. he made some funny jokes including a very current Harvey Weinstein joke. After the show they had all the VIPers wait in the auditorium then they brought us upstairs for the meet and greet. A lady announced that there would be no autographs even though my buddy got a letter ahead of time stating that autographs would happen and that we were encouraged to group people into pictures since Ronnie was "under the weather" which he wasn't. We decided to be the last people in line to give ourselves the best shot at getting autographs. My first photo came out a little too bright which the photographer noticed so we took another that was not as bright. When the handler walked away my friend Steve B asked Ronnie for an autograph and Ronnie said "i'll do that for you." He then called his handler back over and the handler said "we are not doing that." My buddy said "Ronnie already said yes." The handler then begrudgingly helped Ronnie sign one each for us. Because Ronnie is blind he needed assistance signing the autographs. After this we went to get comedian Pauly Shore. I already had a combo from Pauly but my buddy didn't so I figured we could hit this one on the way back since it was literally on the way back from the show. It turned out to be perfect timing because the minute we arrived at the venue, me and my friend were the last two people in line at his post show free meet and greet. Pauly has the fan sit in a chair in front of him while he sits on a table which is different from the last time I saw him. He also signed an eight by ten photo that my friend printed out for me. After this we went back to my place and hung out for a little bit before going to sleep. My friend Troy who was visiting from Richmond, VA stayed at my place because the next day we planned on going for the band Chicago in Baltimore.

The next day we woke up and me and Troy grabbed some lunch and went to go see the new Justice League movie. After that we made our way to the venue to try to get Chicago going in. When it was time for the band to arrive the security guards put up barricades that were a bit farther from the door then we wanted. We called over the original members when we saw them but sadly none of them walked over to us. After this we went out to dinner and stopped by Soundgarden one of my favorite record stores in downtown Baltimore. We were thinking about hitting up a comedy show at the Baltimore Comedy Factory featuring two castmembers of the TV show Living Single (John Henton and Kim Coles) but we decided against it since we found out that there would be no official meet and greet following the show so paying admission and a two drink minimum wouldn't guarantee us photo ops and this place was sometimes dicey for photos on the way out. I already had a photo with Coles anyway so I just needed Henton so I had even less to gain. Joan Jett was also playing a special benefit show nearby but the venue was iffy and I already had a photo with her so I decided not to attempt. At this point we went back to the venue to try Chicago exiting. The main guy we wanted Robert Lamm left first and he waved but unfortunately did nothing. A friend of mine told me he was difficult so I knew not to expect too much from him. Next we saw one of the newer members Alfredo Reyes Jr and we got photos with him. Some of the other newer members were going over to the other side to take photos with fans but we didn't know their names so we didn't call them.. we were concentrating on original members anyway. Next we got combos with original Chicago trumpet player Lee Loughnane who took photos and signed two each for us. Lastly we all got photos with original trombone player James Pankow who came over and posed quickly but refused to sign when we asked. Overall, it wasn't the home run I was hoping for but at least it wasn't a shut out either which I am thankful for. Overall I got some cool fresh music names and a cool comedy repeat so not a terrible weekend.. also got to hang out with good friend Troy so I had fun.
Me and singer Ronnie Milsap
Me and Lee Loughnane, original trumpet player of Chicago
Me and Lee Loughnane, original trumpet player of Chicago
Me and James Pankow, original trombonist of Chicago
Me and James Pankow, original trombonist of Chicago
Me and Walfredo Reyes Jr, current percussionist of Chicago
Me and Walfredo Reyes Jr, current percussionist of Chicago
Me and comedian Pauly Shore
Me and comedian Pauly Shore
Me and the band 3 West
Me and the band 3 West
Ronnie Milsap signed CD
Ronnie Milsap signed CD
Pauly Shore signed photo
Pauly Shore signed photo
Lee Loughnane signed Chicago album
Greg2600
Site Admin

Re: Ronnie Milsap, Pauly Shore, and Chicago in York/Baltimore

Post by Greg2600 »

Nice gets. Milsap is a great old school country singer, from the era I can actually listen to. I still need Pauly, but he's not a NYC presence. As for Chicago, by newer did you mean the ones who joined in the 80s and 90s???? Lee is nice, Pankow 50/50 but Lamm as I warned you is flat out terrible.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
Joresky

Re: Ronnie Milsap, Chicago and Pauly Shore in York/Baltimore

Post by Joresky »

Heres the current lineup..

Robert Lamm – keyboards, vocals
Lee Loughnane – trumpet
James Pankow – trombone
Walt Parazaider – saxophones, flute (no longer touring)[134][135][136]
Tris Imboden – drums
Keith Howland – guitar, vocals
Lou Pardini – keyboards, vocals
Walfredo Reyes Jr. – percussion
Jeff Coffey – bass, vocals[117]
Ray Herrmann – saxophones, flute[13
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

I was at Chicago and credit myself for screaming to James pleading him to come over. Even then he was quick and we didn't get a chance to ask for autos. The other side had like 2 fans left and he just waved at them.

Besides the 3 everyone else was a plethora of scrubs and barely valids.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Damn, Jason Scheff left the band! Walter no longer tours, that I knew. Jeez, down to basically 3 long-standing members.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Greg2600 wrote: November 20th, 2017, 11:36 am Damn, Jason Scheff left the band! Walter no longer tours, that I knew. Jeez, down to basically 3 long-standing members.
Invalid Chicago
Greg2600
Site Admin

Post by Greg2600 »

Well, they are still a great live band/show, so no the lineup is :valid:. However, they are charging like 300 or 400 bucks for the VIP with the band photo, and that is why I've not done it. Jason may not have been a 1970's member but he was a big part of their mid/late-80's hits. Oh well.
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

If Peter isn't singing it isn't valid. $20 for an admission ticket is $20 too much.

The m&g is way overpriced as you are essentially surrounded by the scrubs and barely valids. It would now even be less worthwhile for me to do than before cause I'd be paying the full price for one guy (Robert).

I agree Jason would have been a good score.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 »

Nice Chicago photos!