Overdue Monstermania report

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Overdue Monstermania report

Post by djknightrida » December 6th, 2017, 10:06 pm

August was pretty jammed packed for me, I had planned a trip to Chicago for Wizard World to coincide with seeing the Cubs. As the event drew near all my big wants at Wizard cancelled leaving me to see the Cubbies for nearly a week straight. With the cancellations at Wizard it gave way for me to attend Monstermania. I had made sure I was off at least the Friday in case plans changed for Wizard which they eventually did. Only I screwed myself over by not being off the Saturday when my number 2 want would start their appearance. That was Noah Schapp from Stranger Things. Luckily I was still able to get me graphs done with some help from Asian and Cancer Free Daves. But that left me Friday with a limited list. The main want obviously being Kate Beckinsdale.

I got there decently early knowing how bad parking would be. I squeezed into half a spot due to a trailer overhanging into the other half but it was literally the only spot I saw open in the lot. While I waited in the car at some point another car down the row left and I was able to not have my car hanging into the lane of the parking lot. I did watch a plethora of cars attempt to subsequently attempt to park in the half spot with no success. Since I wasn't getting any graphs I walked up to a small line to purchase regular GA admission. Waited a bit more and walked into the main tented area. My first stop was for Daphne Zuniga of Spaceballs fame Easily one of my favorite parody movies. She looked great for her age.

Next I hopped in a short line for Friday only guest Seth Gillam. Gillam was also booked for Walker Stalker (in Boston I think) for the rest of the weekend. Seth was friendly and we talked briefly about my new found fandom before our pic.

I hung out and helped Asian Dave for a bit at Peter Weller before we decided to split the cumbo on Danielle Harris. Danielle was a minor Boy Meets World name for me so it made sense to split to get the cumbo price. Otherwise I would have passed. She was super friendly snuggling up in nearly every pic I saw her take.

When it came time for the main event of Kate it was the definition of a mad house. They had atleast 150 if not 250 people lined down both sides of a nonAC'd hallway on the 3rd floor. I was sweating to no end as it must have been at least 100 degrees with all the body heat. To make matters worse one of the vendors of the con were walking up and down the hallway filming the agony yelling about how stupid it was to pay for a picture with someone.
They then led us to a room that had some semblence of AC with chairs and another 200 plus people waiting. After what must have been nearly an hour wait, got up to Kate who was friendly albeit brief.

Another Monstermania down. Another old report down. :dj:

:dj:

Greg2600

Re: Overdue Monstermania report

Post by Greg2600 » December 6th, 2017, 10:17 pm

Wow, your Daphne photo might have come out better than any of ours. Probably due to being at night or at least without the damn sun. Kate photo great too.

I would have slugged that idiot vendor.

PS: Have you not seen Ms. Harris in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead????
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 8th, 2017, 1:35 pm

Fantastic stuff man.,.still bummed out I was there on the day Gillam wasn't.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 10th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 6th, 2017, 10:17 pm

PS: Have you not seen Ms. Harris in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead????
Can’t say I have. Just never looked interesting much like Rambo, Scarface, It’s a Wonderful Life and countless other classics that look awful.
:dj: