The Breeders in Baltimore, MD

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

The Breeders in Baltimore, MD

Post by Joresky » August 10th, 2018, 11:16 am

Last night I went to see a concert in Baltimore. The band playing was The Breeders, a cool 90s alternative rock band that toured with Nirvana a lot in the early 90s. They are best known for their hit song "Cannonball." I had previously met the guitarist Kelley Deal at a concert with her side band R Ring in Washington DC but I still needed to meet the rest of the band. After doing some research I found out that the current lineup of this band is all original from when they were famous in the early 90s. The opening band was local Baltimore band Post Pink who I didn't bother meeting. The show was awesome.. I was surprised they played their most famous song "Cannonball" very early in the set. After the show I went outside to try to meet the band. I brought their famous CD "Last Splash" which I already had signed by Kelley Deal and a poster I took off the wall inside the venue. I also bought a signed copy of their new LP inside the venue. After the show I went outside to wait. After about 30 or 40 minutes we saw Kelley Deal come out and she came right over to us. She signed and took photos no problem. Next Kim Deal, came out and signed and took photos. Both were very nice and took care of everyone who was waiting. Next Josephine Wiggs, the bassist came out and also took care of us. Lastly I got to meet Jim Macpherson, the drummer of the band who was also very nice. Overall, I had a fun and productive night so it was definitely worth my while.
photokimdeal.jpg
Me and Kim Deal, lead singer of The Breeders
photokelleydeal.jpg
Me and Kelley Deal, guitarist and co-vocalist of The Breeders
photojosephinewiggs.jpg
Me and Josephine Wiggs, bassist of The Breeders
photojimmacpherson.jpg
Me and Jim Macpherson, drummer of The Breeders
autobreeders.jpg
The Breeders signed CD
autobreeders2.jpg
The Breeders signed vinyl