Which Is Why I've Truly Been Charmed

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Which Is Why I've Truly Been Charmed

Post by Btvsp3 » September 14th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Just to start this off with a bit of a recap of the past several months. Some of you probably know by now, my tops wants in this hobby are the 4 women of Charmed. Well, I reported on my failed Rose McGowan attempt in February where I screwed up the picture due to the frigid temperatures. I couldn't steady my hand resulting in a barely valid photo that left me devastated. Luckily, after spending a fuck ton of money on a pass to a god forsaken festival known as OzyFest I was able to reattempt successfully! :gottacatchthemall:

Also in July, though I never did make a report on here regarding it, I made a trip up to Foxwoods in Connecticut for ComiConn where I was able to score both Holly Marie Combs and Brian Krause. Holly was my absolute number 1 want and she finally did a con that worked with my schedule and was close enough for me to drive to. I got to tell Holly that Charmed saved my life and that I don't know if I would be here today without it. She gave me a hug and I started crying. It was really a dream come true for me.

Next at the beginning of August I found out Alyssa Milano was in town to promote her new series Insatiable. I won't go into detail on this one as the report is already on here. Suffice to say I got her and she signed my Book of Shadows.

Now onto my new stuff. Shoutout to :greg: for giving me the heads up that Shannen Doherty was in town. She is the last of my 4 top wants and was a close second behind Holly for my top. So the night before I was at a concert and didn't get home till 12am and then had to take a 4am train into the city to ensure I made it in time for Shannen, so I just pulled an all nighter. Something I wouldn't have done for literally any other celebrity. So I'm the second person at the spot and on the way she she blanks just holding up her pointer finger at us. A gesture none of us understand since she can't come right back. While waiting though I did score a random in Nina Garcia, a judge from Project Runway, which I love.

At this point I'm bordering on deliria as I haven't slept in over 24 hours. Finally, they alert us she will stop on the way out, but will sign one item per person and to be ready as she has to move fast. I opt to get my book signed rather than my poster, which means I will have to try for her again. She signs my book and then moves on to the next person before I could ask for a photo. At this point my vision is spinning. I know where she's going next, but I just want to get home and sleep. She's moving down the line fast and I keep calling out that I didn't get a picture. She takes one last photo and her handler says "Ok that's the last one". And as Shannen walks past I call out "Shannen, I've been here since 5am can I please get a picture?!". She runs over and poses for a quick photo and jumps in the car. It was by far my quickest encounter with a Charmed one, but pleasant nonetheless. I do wish she'd book a convention in the area because I'd love a better shot.

And with that I've completed the entire main cast of my favorite series and completed my cast piece. Sure I'd love to add some of the main cast who were around for a season or 2 like Julian McMahon, Drew Fuller, etc but they're just bonuses. This is complete for me and I'm so happy.

I did post my picture on Instagram and put in there everything I wanted to tell Shannen in person. She liked my post and sent my 2 kissy face emojis! :rockvictory:
Follow me on Instagram: StevenLesser

class316
Marked Out Historian

Re: Which Is Why I've Truly Been Charmed

Post by class316 » September 14th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Shannen Doherty is looking pretty good I guess she must have beaten cancer.

Do tell though, how did Charmed "save" your life?
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » September 14th, 2018, 5:52 pm

class316 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Do tell though, how did Charmed "save" your life?
Yeah she's in remission. Not sure why you put "save" in quotes but I put it in the Instagram post as I didn't get a chance to say much of anything to her in person.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » September 14th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Btvsp3 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 5:52 pm

Yeah she's in remission. Not sure why you put "save" in quotes but I put it in the Instagram post as I didn't get a chance to say much of anything to her in person.
In quotes cause I was using your own words.

I read your IG caption. But it doesn't explain how.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » September 14th, 2018, 5:58 pm

class316 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 5:55 pm
Btvsp3 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 5:52 pm

In quotes cause I was using your own words.

I read your IG caption. But it doesn't explain how.
I'd rather not get into the details of the time I almost committed suicide.

Gb01

Post by Gb01 » September 14th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Great report. So happy that you have your completed book and met your tops wants. I met Holly and Brian last year at Wizard World. Brian was fantastic and very personable, but Holly wasn’t as talkative and outgoing. Needless to say, I would love to see them both again and also get to meet the rest of the Charmed Ones. Your photo with Shannen is great and the book is awesome. Will you be displaying it?

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » September 14th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Gb01 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 8:37 pm
Your photo with Shannen is great and the book is awesome. Will you be displaying it?
Holly seems to be in it for the paycheck but she was still pleasant. And she was very considerate considering I was barely holding it together talking to her. lol.

I want to buy a bookstand like from the show to put in on. For now it’s on my book shelf in my bedroom.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 14th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Awesome get of Shannen! I wanted to go for her, but couldn't that morning/afternoon. Hopefully she hits a local con soon. You could probably get her to add a quote or whatever to the book then.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 14th, 2018, 10:00 pm

class316 wrote:
:exasperated: No her fucking ghost appeared in NYC.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Btvsp3
Full Fledged Mark

Post by Btvsp3 » September 14th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 9:59 pm
Awesome get of Shannen! I wanted to go for her, but couldn't that morning/afternoon. Hopefully she hits a local con soon. You could probably get her to add a quote or whatever to the book then.
Yeah, I want to get it personalized and I’m hoping she won’t charge extra since I plan on getting other autographs too when that day comes.
Greg2600 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 10:00 pm
class316 wrote:
:exasperated: No her fucking ghost appeared in NYC.
:hah: