Report info - How to display images

This is the place to post reports from in-person meets!
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
wewantflair
Site Admin

Report info - How to display images

Post by wewantflair »

After CM and Bobby had difficulty with the photos in their reports, I did some investigating. I discovered there was actually nothing wrong with the board software. In the past, I had set the board to automatically reject very large photos, but recently removed that restriction. That's why we were getting huge image issues - people were posting images much larger than were ever allowed before.

If you use an image hosting service like imageshack, photobucket, etc., they have special formatting available for posting your images on BBCode-enabled boards. This usually includes a thumbnail linked to a larger image. Many of you guys are simply posting your very high resolution images without a thumbnail, which is not the efficient way to go about writing a report.

Nonetheless, in the interest of keeping things simple, I have installed a board mod that will automatically resize images that are too big for the board. If you click on a resized image, it will take you to the original-sized photo. Check Bobby's Bruno thread to see what I mean. Hopefully, this will solve all image size issues moving forward. I set the images to resize based on the percentage of screen real estate they use, so resizing will be customized based on your resolution.

If you have any issues moving forward, please let me know directly.
cmshowstopper
Marked Out Master

Re: Report info - How to display images

Post by cmshowstopper »

AWESOME!!! Now my kick ass pics from TNA are viewable. Thanks.
Murphy 3

Post by Murphy 3 »

I always resize my images to message board appropriate sizes. Today, it looks like the board is making some of my images bigger to fit the screen. If you click on them, it will take you to the normal sized image. Photobucket has issues sometimes, so I thought it might have been their issue, but I post on another board using the same image codes, and I'm not having that problem.
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

Some of your pics are on the small side, so I'm personally ok with the mod making it zoom in.
adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech »

I just tried adding photos to a report. After the upload went to 100%, and was done. I got an error message saying my file was invalid. It's just a JPG file.
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com
https://www.facebook.com/toddsautographarena
Collecting Autographs In-Person & TTM For Over 20 Years
282 WWE Classic Jakks Loose Figures Signed
adramelech
Marking Out Amateur

Post by adramelech »

The error stopped once I changed the resolution from 180 to 75.
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com
https://www.facebook.com/toddsautographarena
Collecting Autographs In-Person & TTM For Over 20 Years
282 WWE Classic Jakks Loose Figures Signed
oscargamble
Full Fledged Mark

Post by oscargamble »

OK, so to clarify, to post images to a report, do we still need to first have them on flickr, facebook, etc., or can I now post them into a report directly from a memory stick attached to my PC, or from my phone? And if I can, how? After I get the [img][img] thing in the text of the report, how do I slide the image file in between the two [img]s ?
WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO »

oscargamble wrote:OK, so to clarify, to post images to a report, do we still need to first have them on flickr, facebook, etc., or can I now post them into a report directly from a memory stick attached to my PC, or from my phone? And if I can, how? After I get the [img][img] thing in the text of the report, how do I slide the image file in between the two [img]s ?
If you want to use the [img] codes, you need to upload it somewhere online.

If you want to just upload straight from a memory stick, you just go to the "upload attachment" tab in the post menu and find the image on your computer and upload it through there. If it spits back, just scale the image down to like 1200x1200, but you probably won't have a problem with their original size.
oscargamble
Full Fledged Mark

Post by oscargamble »

thank you!
mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon »

Is there any way to avoid the 2 MB photo rule, what is easiest way as most of my images are 3 or 4 MB, and it's going to take a lot of time to recrop them all so I can use on this site. this is my only hindrance toward adding some run articles on the site?