CMA Fest 2017

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

CMA Fest 2017

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » June 13th, 2017, 11:18 am

Here's some of my more notable meets with unedited photos from Nashville last week... I wasn't as aggressive as I've been in years past.

Questions, just ask...

T. Graham Brown

Tony Jackson

Tracy Lawrence

Smithfield

T. G. Sheppard and Kelly Lang

The Bellamy Brothers

Craig Campbell

Southern Halo

Emi Sunshine

Mo Pitney

Shane Owens

Clare Dunn

Jessie James Decker

Deana Carter

With the cast of RFD TV's Larry's Country Diner

Shari Rowe

Randy Travis

Thompson Square

Tommy Cash, younger brother of Johnny Cash

Lulu Roman with a couple of the Hee Haw puppets

Mary Sarah

April Kry

Sheanandoah, who both were wearing the same shirts from a year ago

2 Steel Girls

Bailey Bryan

Temecula Road

Aubrie Sellers

Noah Guthrie from Glee

Stephanie Quayle

Hayley Orrantia from The Goldbergs

Aaron Watson

A Thousand Horses

Walker McGuire (Fun story here. I met them in 2014 when they were just two song writers, moonlighting as a duo. We went to see them in 2015 at an event that could best be described as their best friends and family along with about two fans, which were me and my wife. A little over a year ago, they were signed to a major label. Their new single was just released to radio. Anyways, when I walked up to them, they remembered my name and everything in addition to a lot of the things I just recapped that I experienced of them when no one knew who they were. If good song writing can break back through on country radio and eliminate the mindless stylings of Florida Georgia Line, Sam Hunt, etc.,, these guys are going to be megastars. )

Eric Paslay (The people working the cameras in his booth said we could be brothers.)

Doug Supernaw

Bryan White complete with photo bomb from one of his kids. He wasn't supposed to be back on Sunday, but someone cancelled and he took their slot despite having already signed the evening before for an hour at the same booth.

Easton Corbin

Terry McBride of McBride and the Ride

Brandon Lay

Dailey and Vincent

Home Free

Scotty McCreery

Liddy Clark

Maddie and Tae
Last edited by CubsFanKEC1982 on June 13th, 2017, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: CMA Fest 2017

Post by WOODMO » June 13th, 2017, 11:24 am

Great stuff. I am surprised Nashville the TV show doesn't have a presence at this event.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 13th, 2017, 11:29 am

Great Randy Travis shot, how is he doing? Probably the lone name I recognize here as my country knowledge is mostly old school.

Yet again you tease us with the Erica Goldberg shots! Great report.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » June 13th, 2017, 11:42 am

Greg2600 wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 11:29 am
Great Randy Travis shot, how is he doing? Probably the lone name I recognize here as my country knowledge is mostly old school.

Yet again you tease us with the Erica Goldberg shots! Great report.
Randy is doing better. He still can't sing and is learning to talk again. He has produced an album for Shane Owens and the second single off it is getting a lot of airplay in the traditional country markets. He can walk short distances, but was wheelchaired in because this meet-and-greet was the at Country Music Hall of Fame and there are a lot of steps in that building to get to the HOF rotunda where all the plaques are.

Altogether, Randy did two meet-and-greets for the week with both being free. He also took photos with fans at the big Nissan Stadium shows throughout the week where he went to watch. It shows how much the fans mean to him and his recovery in my opinion for him to be that active during such a time in his life. I hope someday he can sing again. Time will tell. It has been four years, but he has gotten a lot better since I saw him in a crowd last year.

Funny story, I also saw former TNA (weekly PPVs) star Athena. She now takes photos for in Nashville and was working the RT event.

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » June 13th, 2017, 11:55 am

way to rack out! You didn't try for the Penguins when they were in town for Stanley Cup?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » June 13th, 2017, 11:57 am

Nice to hear about Randy, always liked him. Ironically, Hayley recently had polyps removed so she can't sing right now either.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » June 13th, 2017, 12:43 pm

AsianDave wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 11:55 am
way to rack out! You didn't try for the Penguins when they were in town for Stanley Cup?
The only hockey players in town I could name were Mr. Carrie Underwood (Mike Fisher) and Sidney Crosby. They weren't in town but Sunday on days I was there.

I - like most everyone in Tennessee prior to the past month - don't care a bit for hockey.

hack87
Full Fledged Mark

Post by hack87 » June 13th, 2017, 1:05 pm

[/quote]

Funny story, I also saw former TNA (weekly PPVs) star Athena. She now takes photos for in Nashville and was working the RT event.
[/quote]

Is the publication she shoots for called "In Nashville" or do you know what it's called? (Or maybe she just shoots pics in Nashville in general?)

CubsFanKEC1982
Full Fledged Mark

Post by CubsFanKEC1982 » June 13th, 2017, 1:27 pm

hack87 wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 1:05 pm
[/quote]

Is the publication she shoots for called "In Nashville" or do you know what it's called? (Or maybe she just shoots pics in Nashville in general?)
[/quote]

I actually shot some shows she was on years ago and knew her from there. I'm not sure if she's employed by someone of if she is a freelancer. The "In Nashville" is just a grammatical mistake I didn't catch. I meant to say she's shooting photos in Nashville, not for "In Nashville."

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » June 13th, 2017, 1:50 pm

a lot of very hot women; what a great place to be;

i didnt recognize any names at all though, no clue on the country stuff..

AsianDave
Marked Out Master

Post by AsianDave » June 13th, 2017, 2:24 pm

CubsFanKEC1982 wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 12:43 pm
AsianDave wrote:
June 13th, 2017, 11:55 am
The only hockey players in town I could name were Mr. Carrie Underwood (Mike Fisher) and Sidney Crosby.
hah! you got that right! Good player but mostly known for being the husband of Carrie Underwood! :hah:

I think Reese Witherspoon was hanging around down there as well, as she lives in Nashville?

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » June 18th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Great Orrantia!

mydeerewatson

Post by mydeerewatson » June 19th, 2017, 9:46 am

Randy Travis, Easton Corbin and Maddie and Tae! Great gets! If you dont mind me asking you how much time did you put in each day and I know Randy Travis was a ticketed event but were the others ticketed or did you just have to wait in lines? Thanks! Looks like CMA is always an enjoyable experience!