ICW Had a Nice Day

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

ICW Had a Nice Day

Post by ICW »

This past Sunday, I decided to head over to the Dutchess Marketplace in Fishkill, NY to meet Mick Foley for the third time. I was not planning on attending this signing but I was visiting Jenna (she's in Mahopac), which is about 30 minutes away from Fishkill, so she was nice enough to take me. Love that girl.

I first met Foley when I was ~13 years old, long before I became fully engrossed in this hobby, and the last time we met was at the very first LOTR I attended in June 2015. I still had a ton of stuff for Foley to sign and the prices at this signing were reasonable: $30 combo, $20 per item.

If you've never been to the Dutchess Marketplace...it's kind of cool. It's a giant, indoor flea market where you can find old stuff. I mean really old stuff. The Collector's Realm was hosting the signing and, I have to say, they're easily the coolest "store" at the Marketplace. Tons of collectibles, old and new, and the staff is great.

The signing was from 11-2 and we arrived sometime after 12:30. There was a fairly long line although it was managed extremely well. They separated the line into blocks and gradually moved the blocks of people, making sure they weren't blocking aisles or tables. A+ management and every single promoter/vendor could learn from their staff.

The wait was about 30-45 minutes before it was my turn. Mick saw all the items I had, looked at my girlfriend, and asked with a chuckle, "So I've always wanted to ask the girlfriend this question: are you okay with this level of fandom?" Mick and I chatted about a little known match vs. Eddie Gilbert from 1991 that the great Dave Meltzer rated five stars. We then got into a discussion about Meltzer's star ratings, which was pretty damn cool. Foley was in great spirits and took the time to talk with everyone. Great guy.

I had him sign my WWE Ultimate Superstar Guide, WM 32/HOF Program, TNA 2010 Program, and WrestleMania XX Program.

Autographs:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: ICW Had a Nice Day

Post by WOODMO »

Great clean up!!
class316
Marked Out God

Post by class316 »

Foley doesn't look like him anymore. Tough shockingly he looked at the camera here. Recent photos normally showcase his lazy eye
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 »

class316 wrote: July 18th, 2017, 12:15 pm Foley doesn't look like him anymore. Tough shockingly he looked at the camera here. Recent photos normally showcase his lazy eye
Looks just like him. Knock it off.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Foley looks great as do the autos. Great clean up