Stan Hansen on a Sunny Beach

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Stan Hansen on a Sunny Beach

Post by ICW »

Stan "the Lariat" Hansen was appearing at the Wrestling Universe this past Saturday from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM. I've met Hansen twice before but still had one more major item for him to sign: my All-Japan Pro Wrestling Tag League '91 program. This program has already been signed by Al Perez and Abdullah the Butcher but Hansen's autograph would make it extra special considering what a fixture he was in AJPW.

I arrived slightly before 1 and was genuinely surprised to see the store was practically empty. I waited less than 5 minutes before being summoned to the backroom to meet Hansen for a third time. He was in great spirits...and that only improved when he saw my program! He couldn't believe I had it! He thumbed through it with a big smile on his face. He looked at the cover...and pointed to one of the wrestlers on the cover, one who I'm not familiar with.

"He's here! That's Sunny Beach! He was in this tournament and he's actually travelin' with me for this signing! You gotta show him this!"

Hansen signed the program and insisted I show Sunny Beach but he was currently out of the store.
[Image
I ended up getting 2 autos in that program, one from an all-time AJPW legend and one from someone who is a very, very, very rare name - I'm not even familiar with him! Great day!

Autos:
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/
AJLe
Marked Out Master

Re: Stan Hansen on a Sunny Beach

Post by AJLe »

Wow, I only vaguely remember Sunny Beach as a WWF job guy in the late 80's/early 90's - no idea he had a AJPW run. Great luck to run into him when you actually had an item he was in.
Jason1980s
Marked Out King

Post by Jason1980s »

That is awesome Stan was so interested in the program and referred you to Sunny.
Sunny has been everywhere, he was actually an enhancement talent in 1989-1990 WWF. Usually he would team with a no name guy against face teams. I think he was named Sandy Beach and Sunny Beach at different times.
He also has a page in the Pictorial History 1990 edition by George Napolitano.
He must live in the area. He was at the Big Event last November seeing old friends. He was dressed similar to Tugboat, who was at the show, and some mistook him for Fred Ottman.
Book WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant for your event!!
PM me!

http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/

Meet WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!

"I'll never forget what the WWE took away from me. I also want to say I'll never forget all the great things they gave to me"-Bret Hart
Anthony18
Marked Out Pro

Post by Anthony18 »

Where did you get that program from?
hack87
Full Fledged Mark

Post by hack87 »

That's great! Hansen is one of my favorite wrestlers I've met so far. I remember Sunny Beach / Sandy Beach from TV enhancement matches. Never really looked into the rest of his career. But it'd be cool to meet him if he's at another convention in the area.
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

AJLe wrote: August 1st, 2017, 4:24 pm Wow, I only vaguely remember Sunny Beach as a WWF job guy in the late 80's/early 90's - no idea he had a AJPW run. Great luck to run into him when you actually had an item he was in.
Yeah, I was super happy to get him in that program considering I never, ever would've known it was him had he been with Hansen at Big Event and/or LOTR!
Jason1980s wrote: August 1st, 2017, 5:07 pm That is awesome Stan was so interested in the program and referred you to Sunny.
Sunny has been everywhere, he was actually an enhancement talent in 1989-1990 WWF. Usually he would team with a no name guy against face teams. I think he was named Sandy Beach and Sunny Beach at different times.
He also has a page in the Pictorial History 1990 edition by George Napolitano.
He must live in the area. He was at the Big Event last November seeing old friends. He was dressed similar to Tugboat, who was at the show, and some mistook him for Fred Ottman.
WOW he does look A LOT like Fred Ottman! And I was super happy that Hansen was so interested in my program. Wade Barrett looked through it at the last LOTR, which was awesome.
Anthony18 wrote: August 1st, 2017, 5:49 pm Where did you get that program from?
eBay!
hack87 wrote: August 1st, 2017, 5:53 pm That's great! Hansen is one of my favorite wrestlers I've met so far. I remember Sunny Beach / Sandy Beach from TV enhancement matches. Never really looked into the rest of his career. But it'd be cool to meet him if he's at another convention in the area.
Yeah, he was a nice guy!
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 »

Damn. Talk about lucky. Great story and autographs!
ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW »

lanza218 wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:20 pm Damn. Talk about lucky. Great story and autographs!
Thanks man!