A Mixed Variety of Meets

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
flarrow17
Learning To Mark Out

A Mixed Variety of Meets

Post by flarrow17 » August 19th, 2017, 11:12 pm

I haven't posted a report in a while, but since Photobucket decided to be annoying and block free photo hosting, I have now moved to Flickr!

These meets basically span the whole summer, so I just compiled them into one report.

The summer started with Wizard World Philly, which was waaaay different compared to last year. It was still a mess, but a different kind of mess. Having that weird autographing area in the middle instead of booths was just super unorganized and when it came to the Wizard World-run pro photos, they had no idea how to line people up. It was a good thing that they weren't dealing with multiple Marvel-level guests this year or it would have been a disaster. I went mainly for Alexa Bliss, but Gregg Sulkin from my Wizards of Waverly Place watching days was a great add. He was also super nice and friendly and I'm actually pretty excited to check out his new show Runaways.

I always think it's cool when the champs bring their belts for pictures

I also got a picture with James Marsters just because I was a big Smallville fan and his character was pretty memorable.

To round out WW Philly, I got pictures with the Riverdale cast. I hadn't seen the show before the con, but I figured it looked like a show that I would like so I went ahead and got the photos. Now, after watching, I'm glad I did since the show was better than I expected. The lines for KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, and Camila Mendes were pretty short all weekend, but Cole Sprouse had a decent line I guess from his Disney Channel Days.

Funny story about the end of this weekend, I actually met Asuka by total accident at the airport as I was heading back. I was in line to buy water and I look up and see two people wearing We Are NXT shirts coming towards me. At first I thought it was just fans, but I looked closer and it was Ember Moon and No Way Jose. I realized that Asuka was standing right in front of me so I was able to grab a quick selfie.

The following weekend I made a quick stop at Legends of the Ring. Wade Barrett had pretty much no line and Corey Graves had a bit of a line but not too bad. Both were super nice and friendly. I spent the most time waiting for the Edge photo, but I was still in and out in a little over an hour. Only downside was I missed the surprise Paige appearance later that afternoon.

Later in the month came the Teen Wolf convention HowlerCon. I had been a fan of the show for a while, so I decided to go to this since it was the last one being held. Overall I felt the con was pretty organized and it was a fun weekend especially since a lot of the main cast was there.

I was a big fan of Allison in the show, so I was excited to get a photo with Crystal Reed. She was pretty reserved, but whatever I got the photo.

Holland Roden

Shelley Hennig

JR Bourne, Tyler Hoechlin, Ian Bohen

JR Bourne was the standout of the weekend because he is actually hilarious. He always plays super serious guys on TV but he is the nicest guy in person. I talked to him about his character on Arrow and he said it was super cool even though it 3 hours to get the makeup done on his arms.

Next stop was HVFF Nashville. I had decided on going for Melissa Benoist because she would've completed the DC trinity for me but of course she cancelled (again) :punches:

A nice new name was Madison McLaughlin though because she had a pretty cool episode on Teen Wolf as well. I asked her if she was going to be in season 6 of Arrow and she said all she could say was that she's very excited for season 6.

Rick Gonzalez was also a new guest and since he's going to be a regular on the next season, I decided to get the photo. He was super nice and just seemed so excited to be on the show and to be invited to the con.

Was also able to get a nice dual Agents of Shield picture with Ming-Na Wen and Brett Dalton. They are both hilarious so their panel was pretty great.

Got some nice autographs as well. Ming-Na Wen went to the same school that I go to so I got a nice inscription, and Caity Lotz and Katrina Law just write hilarious things without being asked.

Next came the Chicago Sports show. Even though he's controversial, the 2009 World Series was my childhood haha so I got a pic with Alex Rodriguez. Cool surprise was that Jennifer Lopez was just sitting next to him while he was signing. She wouldn't do anything, but it was still cool to see.

Next was WW Columbus. The guest list was pretty disappointing, but it was a 5 minute commute for me at the time, so I just did a quick stop by for Jodi Lyn O'Keefe since she was on two shows I really enjoyed (Prison Break and Vampire Diaries).

And finally we are up to the current weekend! When I found out about the Triple H and Stephanie McMahon signing, I was excited but knew getting tickets would be super hard. I of course had no luck my sister managed to pull up tickets at 10:07. Since I was already heading into the city, I was originally going to try the Dolph Ziggler signing that day, but then the Carmella one was announced and I decided on that one. There were actually more people than I expected there and it was pouring rain as well. I showed up at 8:50 and there was already a bit of a line going. At 9:30 they started handing out wristbands in number order and if you were at the front of the line but had stepped out at that time, you were out of luck. I ended up being #40 and they actually checked the number when they started letting people into the store. By the time of the signing, the line had extended all the way down the block. Carmella arrived about 10 minuted early, but did some interviews so the signing started right on time. They announced that photos were allowed but that you had to stay on the other side of the table. They were also filming for Total Divas the whole time, so I had to sign a release afterwards.

Later in the day was the Stephanie McMahon and Triple H signing. All in all there weren't a ton of people, but the line moved extremely slow because they talked to everyone for a solid 30 seconds-1 minute and then moved away from the table to take the picture. Both were very nice and Stephanie was very talkative, asking everyone's name and shaking everyone's hand.

After a long day yesterday, it was hard waking up to go to Monster Mania today. My only want was Jennifer Carpenter, but it was an easy drive for me. I almost missed her signing though because she was about leave a little earlier than her 10:30 end time and I couldn't get out of bed this morning. It also took me a while to get in because it took forever to find parking. After I got in though it was super easy since everyone was waiting for Val Kilmer and Kate Beckinsale. She was super nice and I told her I was a fan of hers from Limitless. She said that show was super hard to make and that by the end they were working 7 day weeks so maybe they didn't come back since it was so expensive.

It was a busy summer and looking forward to capping it off with Summerslam tomorrow!

yosemitechris
Marked Out Pro

Re: A Mixed Variety of Meets

Post by yosemitechris » August 19th, 2017, 11:27 pm

tons of great photo's , looks like you had a great summer so far! 👍🏼

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » August 20th, 2017, 12:42 am

Great report. Really enjoyed reading it.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

jabronijosh04
Marking Out Amateur

Post by jabronijosh04 » August 20th, 2017, 4:45 am

Another great report awesome Meets are you going to the Arrow convention in September

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » August 20th, 2017, 7:18 am

Wow some really awesome scores here!!

flarrow17
Learning To Mark Out

Post by flarrow17 » August 20th, 2017, 9:48 am

jabronijosh04 wrote:
August 20th, 2017, 4:45 am
Another great report awesome Meets are you going to the Arrow convention in September
I wish I could since there are a couple names I would like, but unfortunately I have something going on that weekend this year.

grittynotpretty

Post by grittynotpretty » August 20th, 2017, 1:36 pm

Awesome report. I love the photo with Triple H & Stephanie. Finally WWE have realised the way to do the meet and greets.

I would of been absolutely stoked to see JLO with Arod. Did anybody ask her for photos? I would of been so disappointed to get that close to meeting her, only to be turned down for a photo.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » August 20th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Great photos and graphs. Your travel schedule is as hectic as mine sometimes! The JLO was an internet pop culture "event" that you were witness to! Nice seeing ya at HHH, and great choices on Edge, Jennifer Carpenter, and Ricky Gonzalez!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

jabronijosh04
Marking Out Amateur

Post by jabronijosh04 » August 26th, 2017, 2:56 am

flarrow17 wrote:
August 20th, 2017, 9:48 am
jabronijosh04 wrote:
August 20th, 2017, 4:45 am
I wish I could since there are a couple names I would like, but unfortunately I have something going on that weekend this year.
Always next year looks like they're making it a yearly thing