Pacino, Kenan, The Wire & More OZ!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Pacino, Kenan, The Wire & More OZ!

Post by heelorton79 » August 27th, 2017, 2:23 am

I stopped by a spot where Pacino would be to help my friend get a photo with him and an autograph. Unfortunately, there was already a line of people waiting for him. The good news was that we didn't have to wait for long. Pacino was taken back when he saw the Michael Corleone Pop, asking ,"is that me??" He happily gave us the full signature, not the crap he sometimes gives out. Of course, I took another photo with one of the greatest ever. After the effortless excursion, we left and went home. On another evening, I took a trip into an area that was known to be..well let's just say "not the safest". However, I knew some police officers would be taking part in the actual event, and it was a community gathering, so I figured it probably wouldn't be that bad. I met some friends there, and as it turned out, it was quite safe. My main reason for going was to meet Reg E. Cathey, for his work on "OZ". The excellent actor also appeared on "The Wire". Other "Wire" cast members here included cast members Sonja Sohn, Deirdre Lovejoy, who also appeared on "The Blacklist", and 'Shameless" (two shows I enjoy a great deal), and Frankie Faison. While Faison has done a variety of things, I made sure to tell him I remember him the most watching him on the short-lived early FOX series, "True Colors". Everyone was friendly, with Sohn being the most preoccupied...but still stopping for us. Being that I had been unintentionally accumulating a "Wire" collection over the past year, and since I heard such great things about it, I may start watching it. Other names here include, Kenan Thompson, one of the more recent SNL cast members I still needed, and "OZ" actor Craig "muMS" Grant, who were both very accommodating.

Al Pacino

Kenan Thompson

Craig "muMs" Grant

Reg R. Cathey

Frankie Faison

Deirdre Lovejoy

Sonja Sohn

Greg2600

Re: Pacino, Kenan, The Wire & More OZ!

Post by Greg2600 » August 27th, 2017, 10:38 am

Nice ones, yeah, Sonja Sohn remains a want for me from The Wire. She was great, one of the few actors that really hooked me onto the show.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » August 28th, 2017, 12:28 pm

Thanks Greg! Yeh, I will check it out!

mikeyicon
Marked Out Pro

Post by mikeyicon » August 28th, 2017, 2:06 pm

still puzzled why people want photos with people most famous from shows they haven't watched (especially The Wire which is one of the greatest shows ever made!), Otherwise, good job as always.

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » August 28th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Huh? Like I said, i wanted them for their other work, they just happened to also be on The Wire.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » September 25th, 2017, 7:11 pm

Reg and Lovejoy are both names I'd like to add to my Blacklist gets. Awesome
:dj:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 25th, 2017, 9:21 pm

Awesome stuff!! I still need Kenan!