Bring It On, Old School, cause I Got a Bad Feeling, Bob!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Bring It On, Old School, cause I Got a Bad Feeling, Bob!

Post by Greg2600 » September 16th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Shortly after returning from the Canada excursion, I wasn’t much up for doing anything. That changed when I heard John C. McGinley, who I loved in Platoon, Scrubs, Office Space, was shockingly nice for a change! So I drove into the city and waited at a spot. Most of the fans cleared out after Nicholas Hoult left (I have him), so it was just me. John was quick butcool, and the photo was mine, BOB!

About a week later, I tried a spot for Kirsten Dunst, who has blanked like a half dozen times before, in front of me. Just thinking about it, she has starred in many of my favorite films, Interview with the Vampire, Bring It On, Melancholia, Jumanji, Small Soldiers, Spider-Man, etc. Anywho, yet again she did nothing at all, in or out. I stuck around just long enough to get Gaby Hoffman of Transparent. Gaby played the daughter though in Field of Dreams and Volcano, favorites of mine.

After work I went to a spot for Melissa Gilbert of Little House, but for me, she was Batgirl on Batman: The Animated Series. I got there just as she got out of a taxi. Some old nut was there already with tons of photos, a Little House board game, you name it. He was boisterous and blabbing, and seemed to make Melissa quite nervous. In any case, before declining his request to rack on his crap, she did the photo for me.

Later that night, I had info on Angelina Jolie as well as Kirsten Dunst once again. Weighing the two, I felt that Angie was more apt to stop than moody Kirsten, but she’d also get mobbed. Class was in town, and he went for Jolie while I drove for Dunst. I arrived to see :heelorton: and friend already waiting. Eventually the director/actresses showed up, and they got them. I passed, not really caring and not wanting to drain my personal combo karma! Then an interesting thing happened. We’re not sure if it was the event personnel or those girls’, but someone actually messaged Kirsten’s team that we were waiting there to meet her. We didn’t even ask for this. Whether that mattered or not, she was quite pleasant and we all got photos! She even did it leaving for other folks we know. Looked fantastic too!

After this, I gave them a ride back to the Jolie spot, where we all waited with many other people, including :SIGH1: . They snuck Jolie out, and that was that. The following night, I intended to do nothing, and I should have remained that way. Instead, my friends told me about Selena Gomez, so I foolishly went. The three of us were joined by just 3 or 4 others, but Selena totally ignored us, and left! Wow! I was pretty meh on it regardless, but the killer was that Jolie arrived to an event while we were over here, and did tons of graphs and photos! :punches: I went to check it out with them, but after awhile it was clear she would not be stopping again that night, so I left.

I went to a spot for Anna Camp, of Pitch Perfect, who was absolutely fantastic as Sarah Newlin on True Blood. It took a while, but she emerged and was super friendly to everyone. Signed my photo of her as that character and did the selfie. Elizabeth McGovern was kind of mobbed by the crowd, and looked a bit rough to me, so I didn’t bother, and went home.

Image Image

To finish the week, I attended the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest in Secaucus once again. Thanks for capman for getting me a pass! Primarily I wanted Rick Gonzalez, aka Spanish from Old School. I decided since she was doing tables and had a short line, Candice Patton too. She’s quite beautiful, but also not too nice on the street. Anywho, I had to wait about 45 minutes for Rick to return and then for my turn. :joresky: joined me in the line, and we took photos. Rick was super cool, joked about Old School, etc. I then spent about an hour waiting for Candice to return. Her line went real fast, as she barely spoke, and didn’t get out of the chair.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Re: Bring It On, Old School, cause I Got a Bad Feeling, Bob!

Post by heelorton79 » September 17th, 2017, 1:06 am

Great photos! The Kirsten shot looks absolutely fantastic!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 17th, 2017, 6:50 am

Excellent stuff!! You certainly made the right choice with Dunst over Jolie!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » September 18th, 2017, 10:36 am

Good to see you at Heroes and Villains... excellent photos as always.. hope to get pics with Kirsten Dunst and John C McGinley one day :like:

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » September 25th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Ack Still need Anna for various bit roles like HIMYM
:dj:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 25th, 2017, 11:28 pm

djknightrida wrote:
September 25th, 2017, 7:08 pm
FYI I'm hearing she's been "sneaky."
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » September 26th, 2017, 12:53 am

Greg2600 wrote:
September 25th, 2017, 11:28 pm
djknightrida wrote:
September 25th, 2017, 7:08 pm
FYI I'm hearing she's been "sneaky."
Have experienced her sneakiness first hand in the past
:dj: