Heroes & Villains 9-16/17

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Heroes & Villains 9-16/17

Post by oldschoolwwwf » September 18th, 2017, 11:26 am

Awesome show!! I picked up Arrow maybe a year and a half ago and it quickly became my favorite superhero show of all of them..This was my first Heroes and Villains Fanfest, although I had planned to meet these guys at the snowed out show last year I think it was? So for me, all of them were new meets. I bought a discounted gold VIP, with the 2 autos and photo ops thrown in, and the discount, it was not that much more $$ than a regular VIP would be and it was awesome to cut the lines. I didnt experience what CM did, as pretty much every time I went on a line, I was taken right away- at worst, there would be one or 2 others taken before me. They would usually take all the Gold VIPers before they took anyone else, or maybe 1 or 2 others might go before you. It was very well worth it.

I originally planned to bring my wife and son on Saturday, get some autos and do a few pro pics with them. But then Amell wasn't coming until Sunday so my pro shots would have to be Sunday..didn't want to subject my wife and son to this shit 2 days in a row, so they came Sunday only. They joined me for the group shot (I cropped them out of the pic I posted here, Diggle was in that pic too but he winds up cropped out as well), as well as the Amell pic (cropped them out again here)..

I arrived around 8:15 on Saturday, as a Gold VIP, I was allowed to hang inside and wait.. doors opened at 9, picked up my free t shirt, and went to see about knocking some names off before doors opened for everyone at 10:30; However, no celebrities down yet! That was kind of annoying as most didn't arrive until after 10, some closer to 11..

For the snowed out show, I had purchased an arrow cast 11x18 poster but the background was very dark...so I knew id have to use silver which I hate..but most of the Arrow posters are pretty dark ...for this show, I decided to find something else and found another 11x18 of just Green Arrow, with a part of the background lighter but still a lot of dark to it...but it was better then what I had... but when I arrived at the show, I found a dude called the black and white artist selling posters- he had a great cast compilation piece in a larger size ($30) that was perfect for me- I could use a blue marker and lots of room to add any new names over the years..was a no brainer for me..

anyway, here's how it worked out for me:

Ming -Na Wen was the first one to arrive...debated doing a Shield piece but decided I wasn't going to do anything with it anyway so why spend the auto prices on her and Dalton.. so just the selfie. business-like but nice..I was taken pretty much right away but a guy before me was getting 5 Mulan posters signed so it took a little while..

Next was Rick Gonzalez, Wild Dog on Arrow- awesome dude, selfie plus he signed my Arrow poster. I had no wait for him.

I hit Candice Patton next , Iris West on Flash; kind of a cold fish, not bitchy just a little cold; she had zero wait at all for me, in fact, I was unexpectedly in front of her so quick, i didn't have my poster ready for her yet- had her sign a Flash poster plus got selfie; waited barely at all next for Carlos Valdez, Cisco on the Flash; signed the same Flash poster and got selfie; no wait for at all next for Echo Kellum,Curtis aka Mr. Terrific on Arrow, another really cool guy, signed Arrow poster, plus got selfie- he's way taller than I expected;

Next hit up, Robbie Amell, Firestorm on the Flash and Italia Ricci, Emily on Designated Survivor, Siobhan Smythe on Supergirl, April on Chasing Life; they were each other's handlers, both really nice- Robbie signed my Flash poster, Italia signed a Supergirl poster; individual selfies with them as well..
Waited a couple minutes only because with 2 of them, it would take people a little longer;

Next selfie only with Rose McIver, Olivia on iZombie, Tinkerbell on Once Upon a Time- zero wait.

Next, Katrina Law Nyssa Al Ghul on Arrow- she was probably the most fun female- taking like 10 selfies; all funny faces- really cool chick; people were bringing her up presents while I was waiting ; some dude brought a sweater, someone brought a gift set bottle of Jim Beam Black with 2 glasses; I don't know, to me, the only reason you would bring one of the women a gift is if you thought it wind up with you getting a piece; that wasn't happening here.. very little wait for me with her; signed Arrow poster plus got selfie.

Next, Caity Lotz, White Canary on Arrow, DC Legends, no wait for me; - signed Arrow poster plus got selfie.

Brandon Routh Atom on Arrow; Superman in Superman Returns- very cool guy, signed my Arrow poster plus selfie- no wait.

Got Katie Cassidy, Black canary and Siren next- auto on Arrow poster only as I was using a free photo op for her the next day(she was 4:00 pm photo op time on Saturday and much earlier on Sunday so I waited for the photo op until the next day)- I'm a big fan of laurel on the show. I didnt wait for her at all.

Next John Barrowman, Malcolm Merlyn on Arrow; very brief wait if at all; signed Arrow poster plus got selfie; he also took like 10 selfies with me , all with different faces; seemed to really be having fun with people;

Next was David Ramsey, Diggle on Arrow; very cool guy- took a bunch of selfies with me and signed Arrow poster; very brief wait for him.

Probably the coolest guy of them all was next John Segarra, Promytheus on Arrow; selfie plus signed Arrow poster- he acted like he was one of your closest friends- Very brief wait for him.

Maggie Geha, Poison Ivy on Gotham; selfie plus auto on my Gotham poster- she was awesome, zero wait for me.

I was done before 12:30 pm and headed home, since I knew I coming back the next day for Stephen Amell.

Sunday, they told Gold VIP that we would get in at 8:30 am if we wanted Stephen Amell autograph. They lined up Platinum VIPS, then Gold and we got in at 8:30.. He arrived shortly thereafter...Maybe I was 20 back or so- I was done before 9; he signed my Arrow poster. The Black & White artist dude had asked to see the poster signed when I was done so I brought it over- he was pretty psyched, took a pic..most of the cast who signed it commented, asked where I got it and wanted to go over to him to get one- I don't think any did though haha.

After showing it to him, I walked out to put the poster in the car and on my way back through the garage i heard "oldschool!!"..It was lanza who I expected was coming but the shocker of all shockers, Woodmo crossed the border and made a Jersey appearance! It was awesome to see those guys, especially since I had a long wait until my afternoon photo ops; I hung with them for a while outside, then went back inside before doors opened for everyone at 10:30;

Before doors opened for everyone, I knocked out a selfie only with Brett Dalton, Ward from Shield. So I don't know the whole story behind this, maybe he asked first, but he was signing a 8x10 Shield cast for the guy in front of me, and wound up drawing over May's picture, giving her an eye patch, a tattoo that said ward Rules, a tail on Coulson, etc- and the dude had paid for Wen to sign it the day before..this would not have thrilled me..but again, maybe he asked first- in any event, for the selfie, he was pretty cool- didnt like how the first one looked so he wanted us to do it again..

I hung with Dana and Lanza from that point on, taking some pics for them, bringing Dana to the front of Segarra's huge line..those guys finished I think by 12:30pm.. I got my free Katie Cassidy photo op at that time; then my wife and son arrived before 1 pm, my son not thrilled that he missed lanza, as he was expecting to see him; We walked around,checked out the vendors, taking pics of him with the cosplayers, which he loves; got on line for the group op around 2:15- took us in pretty quickly, pic was awesome; then out and right back on line for the Amell photo op- my son told him he was awesome when he did American Ninja Warrior; pic also came out awesome; my son complained that he didnt really get to talk to any of them but the photo op is a bang bang thing;

After that, we took a few more pics with some cosplayers- and the 501 st legion, who does awesome Star wars characters; and headed home..

Looking forward to the next Heroes and Villains! I posted a few pics..

Arrow Cast - Copy.jpg
2017-hv-nynj-4-03829-org - Copy.jpg
arrow poster.JPG
Gotham poster.JPG
Flash poster.JPG
Maggie Geha, Poison Ivy on Gotham.JPG
John Segarra, Promytheus on Arrow.JPG
Rick Gonzalez, Wild Dog on Arrow.JPG
Italia Ricci, Emily on Desingated Survivor, Siobhan Smythe on Supergril, April on Chasing Life.JPG
IMG_2960.JPG

lanza218
Site Admin

Re: Heroes & Villains 9-16/17

Post by lanza218 » September 18th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Thats wat u call a big day. Autos look good

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » September 18th, 2017, 3:39 pm

Thanks man! It was a huuuge day!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 18th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Fantastic gets man! VIP at that con is definitely worth it's weight in gold.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 18th, 2017, 5:48 pm

That's an incredible weekend meets wise in not a ton of time. Love the Arrow poster!!

Great seeing you as well

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » September 25th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Pity Carlos ruined the group shot with his presence.

Sucks this show was repeat central
:dj:

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » September 26th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Damn that looks like a pricey weekend.

Surely your son complained he was there the day I wasn't!
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » September 26th, 2017, 4:00 pm

class316 wrote:
September 26th, 2017, 2:28 pm
Damn that looks like a pricey weekend.

Surely your son complained he was there the day I wasn't!
definitely $$$ but worth it since I had never met any of them and this is one of my favorite shows..next time, show will be much cheaper as there might only be a handful of fresh names for me..

isaac still needs a lot of years before he can appreciate the legend that is class316..