Meeting Frank Oz

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
mrira
Marked Out King

Meeting Frank Oz

Post by mrira » September 23rd, 2017, 8:48 am

the last couple of times he was around town I was occupied with work & since this was a Friday night & it also included a ticket to the Jim Henson exhibit I decided to go. I arrived at the museum at 6PM for the 7PM event; I waited outside for a bit to see if I could get Oz before he went in, but he went in rather quickly with no one stopping him. The event itself was pretty interesting & was Oz & his wife (the host of the event) talking about clips from The Muppets, Sesame Street, a few of his acting jobs, his directing & a short clip of Muppet Guys Talking. The event ended a little after 9 & I waited outside for Oz to come out. We overheard someone say that Oz was inside checking out the Henson exhibit & he would probably be a while, which worked out as a rather large crowd went down to 6 people. At about 10:45 one of the guys waiting saw Oz through the front door getting ready to leave so we all went to the door where we saw a waiting car & headed for it. Oz came out with security & at first wasn't gonna do anything, but after we all said we were huge Muppet fans he asked to see all the items we wanted signed & since we all had Muppet related items he signed for all of us (he said during the event that he no long signs Yoda items on the street because they end up on eBay). After he signed for everyone I asked for a quick photo & he headed to the waiting car.

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: Meeting Frank Oz

Post by capman » September 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am

I saw u there ,but look rather preoccupied all night. Glad u got him. I was too tired to wait
Also, Frank said He "no longer signs"about it towards Yoda/muppetstuff. Had I know he was accepting toward Muppetstuff ( and this was the perfect)place to do it after his talk),I might have brought stuff. Im pissed i missed luis from sesame street ( 4th time).

Again nice
Last edited by capman on September 23rd, 2017, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » September 23rd, 2017, 12:16 pm

capman wrote:
September 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am
I saw u there ,but look rather preoccupied all night. Glad u got him. I was too tired to wait and plus I was pissed because Luis from seasme Street was in there and he is the last of the old cast I want to meet and take a photo with.

Also, Frank said He "no longer signs"about it towards Yoda/muppetstuff. Had I know he was accepting toward Muppetstuff ( and this was the perfect)place to do it after his talk),I might have brought stuff. Im pissed i missed luis from sesame street ( 4th time).

Again nice
You could of come up & said hi, but I understand

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » September 23rd, 2017, 12:20 pm

capman wrote:
September 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am
I saw u there ,but look rather preoccupied all night. Glad u got him. I was too tired to wait

Again nice

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » September 23rd, 2017, 3:30 pm

Excellent stuff!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » September 23rd, 2017, 6:14 pm

Great, legendary name. I heard from capman that Goelz was there, and I don't know, just got lazy, and didn't speed out there.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

mrira
Marked Out King

Post by mrira » September 23rd, 2017, 6:24 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
September 23rd, 2017, 6:14 pm
Great, legendary name. I heard from capman that Goelz was there, and I don't know, just got lazy, and didn't speed out there.
He was there, but I think went right to the back with Oz after the show & never saw him

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » September 23rd, 2017, 10:34 pm

Awesome man. Esp since ur only one who got photo. But again wheres the sig?? Thats iconic