WOODMO Meets Heroes, Villains, and Gucci

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
WOODMO
Site Admin

WOODMO Meets Heroes, Villains, and Gucci

Post by WOODMO » September 24th, 2017, 9:32 am

This is late, but I've been running around so much this past week I never remembered to type it up.

Last week I attended Heroes and Villains on Sunday. I met Lanza there around 8:45, and while on line we got to catch up with Old School Mike which was great. At around 10:30 we got in on time and began quickly banging out wants.

The first name was a split table op with Candice Patton from The Flash. She wasn't getting up for photos, but she seemed fine and a girl ahead of us was having a conversation with her which she seemed OK having, so I can't really knock her demeanor like some have.

Then we moved on the booth of Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci, real life husband and wife, and we split solo photos with each of them. A nice pair and they made sure we liked the photos before going behind the table again.

After this we went to the Brandon Routh table and were informed that they were capping the line so he could get to his pro photo session. We of course weren't prepared to wait hours for a table, so split the pro. We also got a pro photo with Carlos Valdez for similar time related reasons.

Finally, I moved on to my final name, Josh Segarra. Thanks to Old School for hopping on line with me so I could use the VIP line and cut around 30 people. Josh was super cool and seemed to really enjoy being there.

After this I said my goodbyes and made the drive home.

Two days later, I would attend another event, this time a pre signed book event with rapper Gucci Mane. Now I knew Gucci was popular, but I underestimated just how popular he was. The event was due to begin at 11:30am with books being sold at 9am when the store opened. I showed up at 9, expecting to see a handful of people at most, but I found about 75 online outside waiting to go in and buy the book. I of course cut the line and just walked up and bought my book, but still I was surprised. By 10 they had cut the line as it reached the end of the block, after turning the corner from the entrance.

I ended up chatting with a woman the entire time who was on line with me which definitely helped the time move quickly. Gucci apparently got in around 10:30 to begin signing the books, and by around 11:20 the line began moving inside. The process was efficient and quick as you expect at these types of events, so that was great.

The only problem came in the form of fur protesters, who conveniently were right after me online it turned out and decided to make a "statement" at Gucci's expense. The exchange was captured and sold to TMZ, and you can see me in the video. Luckily people I know away from the hobby didn't seem to notice this, so I didn't have to field the usual "I saw you on TMZ" text messages.

Here is a sampling of his music since our members always seem pretty unaware of hip hop acts.

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Re: WOODMO Meets Heroes, Villains, and Gucci

Post by heelorton79 » September 24th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Great photos dude!

50 Shades Of Rey
Marking Out Amateur

Post by 50 Shades Of Rey » September 24th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Nice photos I was going to say I saw you on TMZ :random: :posed:

Greg2600