Back in the Saddle again....Awesome Con experience.

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Back in the Saddle again....Awesome Con experience.

Post by djknightrida » September 25th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Haven't done this shit in ages...let's see if I still got what it takes to entertain the masses.

Been like 3 months since Awesome Con hit DC. Especially glad I hit this show for Tennant with his WW cancellation-fest. Went on Sunday to save a few $ on admission. Immediately lined up to buy a Tennant auto. Line was at least 200 deep when the con didn't open for another 90 minutes. Any item not an 8x10 on the table they were charging a premium auto price which is not what Awesome Con advertised online. Flats were to be a cheaper price with sonic screwdriver like items being a premium price. EHHHH

Immediately got to go in with the VIPs as Tony Reubs helped me get a group 1 photo which was to start first thing due to him needing to leave midday. Was quick and painless cattle chute. Proceeded to line up for a JDF graph which mirrored the awful experience I had years ago with Norman Reedus. JDF to arrive at 10:30. He didn't start at his auto table until nearly 2. It was a disaster with anyone with a child being allowed to cut the entire line. I ended up having to leave at someone point and they gave me a card so I could skip a portion of the line. Basically 3 plus hours wasted.

I banged out a table op with Kel Mitchell (who had absolutely no line) and snagged a pro op with Catherine Tate who made ridiculous face one after the other for her ops. When I was done with Tate I ran over to the Tennant auto line that was down to its last 20 people or so.

Then back to JDF to finally get my graph after another 30 minutes or so of waiting. At this point I just wanted to get outta dodge but still had the Walking Dead Kingdom duo. Of course Khary and Cooper were nearly 30 minutes late just adding the nonsense of the day. This was an utter cluster as this op was supposed to be over well before my Will Wheaton op(which btw it's ridiculous he won't to table ops, likely due to the no touching rule) and I ended up having to be rushed my Epics team from one line to the next. I was last for Wheaton which worked out as we stood around talking Johnny Cupcakes for a few minutes since his sister is a fan. HCIT?!?!

I'd go to the con again depedning of the guest list but they gotta fix their policy in terms of line cutting with children. It's BS at its worst.

:dj:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Back in the Saddle again....Awesome Con experience.

Post by WOODMO » September 25th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Nicely done. Wheaton’s rule never gets less ridiculous the more I hear it.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » September 28th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Could be Avril bad though :hahaaa: :hahaaa:
:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » September 29th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Great Tate! Still need her!