Music Report: Heart, Scorpions, Selena, Temptations, Four Tops & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Music Report: Heart, Scorpions, Selena, Temptations, Four Tops & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » October 1st, 2017, 12:47 am

My focus on music names continues with Nancy Wilson, co-founder of Heart. Ann & Nancy have always been wants and I strongly regretted not doing the Heart meet & greet from a couple of years back. While Ann has gotten easier for the street photo in recent years (still on my want list), Nancy remains the more difficult one. I was able to attend a recent special event with Nancy and her fellow Roadcase Royale member Liv Warfield. Liv worked with Prince as part of the New Power Generation and is an incredible singer. At the end of the event, we lined up for a meet & greet. Many of us brought items to be signed, and Nancy signed one or two for the first few people. At that point, a grapher, known for his unprofessional antics and actions, stepped up with about 10 vinyls. After signing one, Nancy and the publicist asked him to move on, but he threw a tantrum, with some serious whining and begging. He finally left, without getting anything else signed, but from there on out autographs were not allowed. I was ticked off, but was mainly there for the photo. Nancy and Liv were cool and my friend and I exited. Towards the end of the signing, we returned and spoke with the publicist, who agreed that this grapher had ruined it for everyone. While we were talking, that same grapher tried jumping back on the line and was quickly pulled off, making yet another scene. The publicist agreed to get our items signed (a CD and vinyl of Dreamboat Annie) and we left. I later heard that the grapher tried chasing the car for a roll-down but to no avail. Overall, a very cool experience, scoring a rare standing solo shot with Nancy Wilson.

I begrudgingly agreed to attend the Selena Gomez event, knowing it could have been a clusterfuck. I have never listened to her music, but know she is currently in demand and is going to be in the new Woody Allen film...so I went against my better judgment. I arrived pretty early, and there was already a decent line forming, but wristbands were given out and we were told that guaranteed us entry. Many of these fans already had met Selena many times and had multiple photos, so I couldn't understand why they would wait hours for her. When it came close to getting inside the store, a few of us noticed fans were walking out with a the photo printed on a small Coach postcard.The worry set in that we may not be getting the digital copy and the quality would be horrible. We were also told we could not use our own cameras. After inquiries were made, I was relieved to find out that we would be getting the JPEG immediately. Selena was very friendly and hugged each and every person. The quality of the photo isn't as good as it probably should have been, but it does the job.

Also here, photos with the last living original members of The Temptations (Otis Williams) and the Four Tops (Duke), along with Ron Tyson who has been a member of The Temptations since 1983. The Scorpions were in town too, and I scored photos with both Klaus and Matthias.

Nancy Wilson (Heart, Roadcase Royale)

Liv Warfield (Roadcase Royale, Prince's New Power Generation)

Selena Gomez

Otis Williams (The Temptations)

Ron Tyson (The Temptations)

Abdul "Duke" Fakir (Four Tops)

Klause Meine (Scorpions)

Matthias Jabs (Scorpions)

Greg2600

Re: Music Report: Heart, Scorpions, Selena, Temptations, Four Tops & More!!!

Post by Greg2600 » October 1st, 2017, 2:30 pm

Nice score with Nancy!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » October 1st, 2017, 5:33 pm

Nancy alludes u no more! Very cool. Much better than getting her with hat and shades when we saw her.

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » October 1st, 2017, 7:07 pm

How long did you wait for selena?

jorgerr96
Full Fledged Mark

Post by jorgerr96 » October 1st, 2017, 7:20 pm

I imagine the people that waited hours despite already having photos with Selena Gomez were stans. (twitter term)

I only know one song by her and it's super good (Bad Liar).

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 1st, 2017, 9:36 pm

Fantastic stuff. I was going to do Selena but I expected a cluster.

wewantflair
Site Admin

Post by wewantflair » October 2nd, 2017, 6:03 am

Selena pic looks great!

AJLe
Marked Out King

Post by AJLe » October 2nd, 2017, 3:28 pm

heelorton79 wrote:
October 1st, 2017, 12:47 am
After inquiries were made, I was relieved to find out that we would be getting the JPEG immediately. Selena was very friendly and hugged each and every person. The quality of the photo isn't as good as it probably should have been, but it does the job.
The Selena pic looks great as posted, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 4th, 2017, 12:40 am

Thanks!
crowbar wrote:
October 1st, 2017, 7:07 pm
How long did you wait for selena?
Well, got there about 8:30 to get the wristband and claim a spot, but knew someone in line right behind us who held out spots, so we left for a couple of hours. When we came back, it was about another couple hours if I recall correctly.
jorgerr96 wrote:
October 1st, 2017, 7:20 pm
I imagine the people that waited hours despite already having photos with Selena Gomez were stans. (twitter term)
Yep for sure.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 4th, 2017, 7:19 am

To be fair, Stan was coined by Eminem. I don’t think we can give Twitter any credit!!