Angelina & The Voight Family

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Angelina & The Voight Family

Post by heelorton79 » October 7th, 2017, 2:31 am

Angelina Jolie recently made her long-awaited return to NY and it sent the collecting and graphing world into a tailspin.The graphers saw money and most of the newer collectors do not have the photo. My initial objective was to avoid this mess, as I have a photo with Angelina from many years ago. However, after scoring Kirsten Dunst, I found myself in Greg's car on the way to an event she was attending. This was mostly to help my friend get the photo, but I would not deny an update if it was made available to me. As Greg mentioned in his report, this was a bust. She apparently did two photos inside the event after her arrival, but denied other collectors. We tried for her on her exit inside, but did not see her. She signed for some outside and may have taken a selfie or two, so I heard.
I was actually more interested in getting her dad, who was rumoured to be in town also. I had never met Jon Voight before and REALLY wanted to get the photo with. He is known for being very nice, but while I was in the process of locating him the next day, my friend wanted to try for Angelina one more time. We headed to another spot, and the fan area was filled with mostly graphers and nowhere that I wanted to be. We walked further down the block near the ticket holder's line.I was very unhappy with the setup, and at this point wanted to leave desperately. While my friend wanted to stay and wait for Angelina (who could be arriving anywhere from five minutes to two hours later), I was feeling a bit sick, and went to a neighboring hotel to sit down for awhile. After about five minutes, my friend calls me and instructs me to run back over as Jon Voight and another man walked right past, just strolling down the block, with no one noticing him. By the time I returned Jon was already inside, and I was needless to say...pissed. I realized now I would have to be there hours later for his exit, but before I could complain too much about this, Angelina arrives and mostly signs for the people in the pit. However, we were waiting next to the line for the ticket holders, and a bunch of us rushed up to the other side and called her over. She came over and went down the line doing selfies and then my friend and I took each other's pictures. My friend was ecstatic and I was happy with this update, as she looks fantastic in this picture, IMO.
We left for a while, and upon our return , we found a different barricade setup, and a bunch of other collectors and graphers added to the mix. During our wait, a homeless and drunk individual caused a scene , while he preached nonsensical "black power" to the security guards. One guard humoured him for awhile, but when the man began insulting his heritage, everyone began ignoring him. Being that he obviously wanted attention, he began banging his cane against the barricade rails and a bunch of security approached him and told him to leave. Well, he did, but minutes later returned, worse than before. Many of the collectors complained to the security, but they really couldn't do anything, since he was mostly only talking. Then, he started picking fights with some collectors, then walked away, threatening to beat people up, and as he came back looking like he might hit someone (but not sure who he was directing it at), the biggest security guard there pushed the man, who then fell to the floor and passed out. They barricaded him in, and when he awoke, was carried out of the area...with absolutely nothing left to say.
Angelina left and did nothing. Jon came out and was rushing , but I was able to get a shot. I thought it may have come out bad (which it didn't) but went to the after-party anyway, and got a second with Voight. My friend wanted to get a signature from Jolie, so we waited for her as she did not stop on the way into the after-party. At this point, I was informed that the other man with Voight, was non other than his brother, famed songwriter
Chip Taylor. He is responsible for songs like "Wild Thing" and "Angel of the Morning". When he left with Jon, the collectors called Jon over, while my friend and I called for Chip, who was just standing there waiting for his brother. We finally caught his attention and he came over and posed with us. He thanked us for making him feel important with his brother there. I made sure to get the pull together with the two brothers before they went walking away. Angelina left, and once again did nada. A long night, but well worth it for me.

Angelina Jolie

Jon Voight

Chip Taylor

Chip Taylor & Jon Voight

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Angelina & The Voight Family

Post by WOODMO » October 7th, 2017, 8:21 am

Excellent stuff!!! Jon is always a great guy!

hack87
Full Fledged Mark

Post by hack87 » October 7th, 2017, 11:20 am

Great Angelina shot (and the others too). Always great stuff!

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » October 7th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Just awesome
:dj:

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » October 8th, 2017, 5:06 am

Great, just great stuff all around ! :clap: :clap:
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 8th, 2017, 12:07 pm

Angie looked great but Voight is the best. Love that guy.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 10th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Wow great Angelina pic!! This is why you are the king!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 11th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Thanks!