Meryl Streep, Dench, Gilbert & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Meryl Streep, Dench, Gilbert & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » October 13th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Recently I was given the opportunity to meet my #1 actress (and my #1 all-around want next to Sean Penn), the one and only Meryl Streep. I have been a fan of hers for many years and was kind of shocked when I scored this. She is a 20-time Oscar nominee (an acting award record), the first being for my favorite film, "The Deer Hunter", a 3-time winner, a 30-time Golden Globe nominee (earning 9), and a 3-time Emmy Award winner. My friend and I met her "one-on-one" at a private event and she was as nice as can be. Any collectors that have had experiences with Meryl know she usually isn't fan-friendly, especially when it comes to photos with, so needless to say, we got VERY LUCKY! To score a #1 want and have the person treat you with respect and agree to do the photo is just an awesome experience!

Another venture took me to a spot for Melissa Gilbert. On the way in, she denied, mentioning that she was not feeling well and implied that she didn't want to get anyone sick. However, she promised on the way out, mentioning that her Tylenol Cold will have kicked in by then. I am not sure how there would be less germs at that point, but I accepted this and left. I then went to a different event to meet cast members from the new film, "Victoria & Abdul". Judi Dench was unbelievably accommodating, even after a grapher approached her to sign on a roll-down while she was still in the car! Eddie Izzard and Ali Fazal were great as well. Afterwards, I returned for Melissa Gilbert, and she posed with everyone who asked for the photo, and signed autographs as well, happily spreading her germs for all. I was actually glad she did not do it on the way in because she had no makeup and sunglasses. Anyway, a very nice woman. While there, I ran into actor Michael Laurence as well.

Here are the pics....

Meryl Streep

Dame Judi Dench

Melissa Gilbert

Michael Laurence

Eddie Izzard

Ali Fazal

capman
Marked Out Pro

Re: Meryl Streep, Dench, Gilbert & More!!!

Post by capman » October 13th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Well done , w MS, well done

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 13th, 2017, 6:49 pm

I know how big Streep was for you. Incredible!!!

Streep and Penn in the same year is tough to beat

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 13th, 2017, 7:41 pm

Streep photo is amazing!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 17th, 2017, 10:32 am

Thanks guys!

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 17th, 2017, 10:35 am

Beyond impressive!! You are the king :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: