G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART ONE

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART ONE

Post by Greg2600 » October 15th, 2017, 12:52 am

The theme for NYCC, for me at least, was “the makeup.” No, I didn’t show up in KISS face paint! There were not a ton of big “new” wants for me attending. Most of what I wanted were celebs that I went for but didn’t get anything, couldn’t go for due to timing, or had really bad photos with.

Thursday

Began the day early, but discovered a big want of mine, Michael Madsen, was doing a morning appearance, so I diverted myself there. WOODMO and Lanza were there already, so we hung for a bit. This was actually one of the few times I saw those guys this weekend. Finally Madsen exited but refused me, citing how “tired he was, and that he looked like crap!” He did indeed. I proceeded towards the con, and it was HOTTT out. Goodness, over 80 degrees and the sun blasting down. They altered the fan access this year, due to the convention center construction, so the few of us there weren’t sure where to stand. This caused us to miss some people, including Carl Weathers. I really wanted Christian Kane (part of The Librarians), but they must have gone in earlier.

We moved to a better spot, and I saw Janet Varney, who I loved on You’re The Worst, and called her over. John C. McGinley was standing there for half an hour BS’ing, but I had him already. After awhile, we see someone leaving and ran. It was Joel McHale, who I never had (missed his book signings), and got a sun drenched photo. Kevin Smith walked in, which was funny because I spotted him like 200 yards up the block, and we weren’t sure if it was him or a cosplayer. I had him sign my Comic Book Men 8x10 which completed it.

After awhile longer, Robert Patrick arrived, and did for all so I got one. Normally I don’t bother with repeats, but he looked bad assed with the shades! Rosario Dawson went in, but promised on the way out. I needed a better shot with her, my previous one is sun blown badly. More waiting, and sweating, before the new Cult of Chucky cast arrived. I had them all, except for Alex and Fiona Dourif, but only got Fiona at this time. Not long after, Michael Madsen stumbles out, clearing smashed! The guard didn’t want him to stop, but he asked us for a cigarette. He did a few pics and signed before they dumped him in the car, but I managed to get him! More waiting, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Christine Elise, from 90210, but also Child’s Play 2, arrive. I got the photo with. Soon after, Rosario left and stopped for all! We also spot Seth Green walking in, and he stops for all. Seth is another guy I’ve been snakebitten on for a couple years. I was going to bail, but then Vivica A. Fox and Carl Weathers left. At first it seemed like Carl was avoiding us, but he stopped for a woman, and did several more picks. Including mine! Last sighting was Keanu Reeves, who I have. He did a lot of selfies and signed a little.

At this point I went inside and got some food, and went to see what voice actors were available. Kevin Conroy’s line was closed but Tress MacNeille was there, so I got the combo. Had her sign the Tiny Toons 8x10 I had gotten Charlie Adler on in Toronto. I never saw Breckin Meyer go in or out, missed the Librarians exit, and I left. I went to another spot for Morgan Freeman, but realized I had the wrong night, so I went home.

Image Image

Friday

Another early arrival for me, this time meeting up with Lanza. Really needed Rufus Sewell from Man in the High Castle, as well as Rupert Evans. Rufus was nice and stopped for me, despite tons of publicists in the way. Rupert sadly didn’t come. On the way out it was a bit easier, and I took photos for Lanza, and got Battlestar Galactica co-creator Ronald D. Moore. Moore wrote tons of Star Trek TNG and DS9 episodes which I loved. After this we went for lunch. We returned for the Robot Chicken cast, and Breckin Meyer on exit. Turned out Macauley Culkin was there, and he kind of photobombed our shots! I was going to try to sneak one, but this idiot woman hounding him all the way to the car. He kept waving his hand at her phone to block her anyway. Lanza also finally got Seth Green.

Culkin!

I went back to the other spot, where I spotted Frankie Adams from a show I enjoy, The Expanse on SyFy. I called her over, since nobody else knew her, and she did mine and a few other photos. This led to more and more waiting. Annoyingly I wasn’t there when The Orville cast arrived and racked, and leaving they didn’t stop. I also wanted some people from Shut Eye, but they hadn’t left yet. Mark Hamill made his exit, and did selfies for tons of people, though I didn’t need one so I let a friend get my spot. I had a jolly time watching Class getting fought off by the Hamill handlers for a photo he 100% did NOT need.

Finally the cast of Future Man began leaving. As with Frankie, I screamed and got Haley Joel Osment to walk over, but he started at the side which was way too crowded, and never got over to me. Josh Hutcherson also emerged, and I was directly in his vision and waving my camera. He saw it and scooted over. However, the moron next to me stuck his phone in front of me and Josh did his photo, and then went the opposite way down the line! WTF!!! I then cursed this guy out, as I really cannot stand that garbage. I get absolutely irate when I’m about to take a photo and someone cuts in front of me.

Well, luckily I have friends, and heard of where Josh was staying, so I hurried to the subway, took it, and hurried out. I figured I had very little chance of beating the van, because of how far I had to walk, and I did not. Haley was inside, but by the luck of the combo gods, Josh was still there talking to friends. He then proceeded to do like 3 dozen pics out there! I then hopped back on the subway to return to NYCC area. There was a Family Guy gathering, crowded with dealers, but I was there for The Orville cast. On the way in, I got a photo with voice actor Mike Henry, who plays Cleveland of course. The Orville exited, and were terrific. I finally scored pics with the lovely Ms. Palicki as well as Scott Grimes from Band of Brothers. My last one was a surprise, as I didn’t know she was here. It was Penny Johnson Jerald, who played Captain Sisko’s love interest on Deep Space Nine for many seasons! I was screwed out of these actors by Seth MacFarlane during May so this was another big makeup for me! I went home relatively early again, as I was informed that Morgan Freeman was using extra security that would have made a close encounter too difficult.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

jabronijosh04
Marking Out Amateur

Re: G2.6K 2017 NYCC PART ONE

Post by jabronijosh04 » October 15th, 2017, 3:14 am

Awesome meets and photos that's awesome you got to see Rosario Dawson and Adrianne Palicki

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 15th, 2017, 7:42 am

Excellent stuff! From this report Patrick and Dawson are the misses I care about but you cannot split yourself and be multiple places at once!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 17th, 2017, 10:30 am

This was a good day!