JOresky's CSA Show Report and More Local Meets

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Joresky

JOresky's CSA Show Report and More Local Meets

Post by Joresky » October 16th, 2017, 12:32 pm

This past Saturday I attended the CSA Show in Chantilly, VA with my buddy Steve B. The main reason I was attending was to meet the four castmembers of the movie The Sandlot. Around 11:15 or so the actors came to their tables. I got photo ops with Chauncey Leopardi, Victor DiMattia and Marty York. They were only $10 each for selfies so thats not a bad deal. I had to wait until 12:30 to get Shane Obedzinski because he was arriving late but no biggie.. at least I got to meet him. I also decided to split a photo with football player Joe Montana. I know I don't care for sports but he is a big name in his field and even has a Sega Genesis game so I figure hes getting since I am there anyway and because I split it (which I don't usually do but made an exception this time). Other celebs at the con included Tom Berenger, Burt Young and a few castmembers from The Mighty Ducks who I had already from Chiller. After this me and Steve headed to the Wentworth Gallery in Bethesda, MD where we got combos from famous pop culture artist Peter Max. After this we headed to our last spot for Peter Noone, lead singer of the 60s group Herman's Hermits. As we were driving we saw Peter walking down the sidewalk heading to the venue so we parked as quickly as possible and raced to meet him before he could get inside the venue. I took Steve's picture and then for mine Peter looked away as the flash went off so its kinda invalid. He was in a rush because he said he needed to get inside for sound check. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for exits because I had no ride so I just had to be happy with the photo I got and unfortunately there was no time for him to sign the vinyls I brought. Oh well.. it happens I suppose. Overall I had a productive day and I didn't do too bad considering I was back home a little after 4 pm and could relax for the rest of the day/night.
photojoemontana.jpg
Me and football player Joe Montana
photochaunceyleopardi.jpg
Me and actor Chauncey Leopardi
photovictordimattia.jpg
Me and actor Victor DiMattia
photoshaneobedzinski.jpg
Me and actor Shane Obedzinski
photomartyyork.jpg
Me and actor Marty York
photopeternoone.jpg
Me and singer Peter Noone
photopetermax.jpg
Me and artist Peter Max
autopetermax.jpg
Peter Max signed book

Greg2600

Re: JOresky's CSA Show Report and More Local Meets

Post by Greg2600 » October 16th, 2017, 12:39 pm

Great ones. One day will have to plunk down for Montana. Wish sandlot kids do a chiller.

Ps you should preface that Steve is not in fact Class!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

Joresky

Post by Joresky » October 16th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
October 16th, 2017, 12:39 pm
Great ones. One day will have to plunk down for Montana. Wish sandlot kids do a chiller.

Ps you should preface that Steve is not in fact Class!
I edited it to say Steve B so not to cause confusion.. how was Arthur Burghardt at Retro Con? Can't wait to read your report

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 16th, 2017, 3:15 pm

He was quite jovial in fact.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

16times
Marked Out King

Post by 16times » October 16th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Great crop job on the Joe Montana split. I'd never guess someone else was in there.
"Every time you score a photo op, an angel gets his wings!"

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 17th, 2017, 10:32 am

Amazing Montana pic!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » October 18th, 2017, 5:11 am

While I think you guys are nuts getting Montana given your reasoning, the photo is amazing!