Kings of Comedy: Myers, Rock, Fallon, Stiller, David & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Kings of Comedy: Myers, Rock, Fallon, Stiller, David & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » October 20th, 2017, 4:38 am

Over the past month I found myself on both searches for and at random meets with a number of Hollywood's funny men. To begin, the cast of "Fuller House" were in town and I went to a spot that I thought Dave Coulier might be at. Well, I never ended up seeing him, but I did see a number of others including former NYC mayor, Michael Bloomberg and Sean Combs. More importantly, Chris Rock randomly appeared out of seemingly nowhere. This guy is usually not friendly and I have been turned down by him once or twice in the past for the pic. My friend and I were the only two collectors there, and we decided to approach. He surprisingly agreed, albeit giving me a strange look before taking the photo with me. This man is very shifty-eyed, and we had to bring his attention to the camera to assure ourselves good photos. After we got the pics and walked away, a random girl came up to us, saying she had just asked him for the photo, and he did it, but she could tell he was already pissed off. Moments later, another surprise..Jimmy Fallon..popped up and entered the building faster than lightning...this man is QUICK. Not long after, he exited, and we stopped him for the photo..again this man moved at the speed of light and was gone into the night within seconds. This would be my second photo with him, my first being during his SNL days...so this was a nice update. Although I never got Coulier, I feel these definitely go way beyond making up for it.

During another event, I was joined by Greg, in an attempt to get some "Curb Your Enthusiasm" names. I only needed Susie Essman, but also wanted an update with Larry David. I am a fan of his and I wasn't completely happy with my first photo taken about 7 years ago. During my wait, I grabbed photos with comedians Keegan-Michael Key and John Oliver. I missed Larry on his exit due to the melee and Susie did nothing at this spot nor the next. This woman is not nice. She seems to be very much like her character...just not as funny. By the end of the night, I was able to score an excellent upgrade with an affable Larry.

Also included here is Richard lewis, who I had been wanting for a long time, but I actually had never seen in person. I approached him and he obliged. I helped my friend with Mike Myers, and although I had one pic from many years back, I grabbed an update. He was very soft spoken and kind, even telling us it was nice to meet us. Last but certainly not least, I acquired my first photo with Ben Stiller. He is always around and usually very accommodating, but for one reason or another, I had never met him. I am very happy to add him to my collection, along with the rest of these comedy greats.

Mike Myers

Chris Rock

Jimmy Fallon

Ben Stiller

Larry David

Richard Lewis

Keegan-Michael Key

John Oliver

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Kings of Comedy: Myers, Rock, Fallon, Stiller, David & More!!!

Post by WOODMO » October 20th, 2017, 7:24 am

All fantastic!! Especially Lewis as a huge Curb fan!!

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 20th, 2017, 10:03 am

One of the best reports of the year! So many great funny men. Rock though, blahhh.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » October 20th, 2017, 10:41 am

Quite nice......

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » October 20th, 2017, 12:34 pm

great stuff especially LD!

adelta13
Marked Out Pro

Post by adelta13 » October 20th, 2017, 5:34 pm

What kind of camera do you have? I love the quality of your photos!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 20th, 2017, 6:17 pm

adelta13 wrote:
October 20th, 2017, 5:34 pm
What kind of camera do you have? I love the quality of your photos!
Thanks. I will have to get back to you on the models because the cameras are my friend's and we use 2 different ones, but I believe they are made by Sony.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » October 20th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Many people have an RX-100 or whatever the current iteration of that is. Yes, works incredibly on posed shots, but price range is $400-$600, and terrible for selfies quite often.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » October 20th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
October 20th, 2017, 6:30 pm
Many people have an RX-100 or whatever the current iteration of that is. Yes, works incredibly on posed shots, but price range is $400-$600, and terrible for selfies quite often.
One of the ones we use actually has a selfie screen that pulls up, but as I am not a selfie person, I refrain from using it.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » October 23rd, 2017, 2:45 pm

Amazing to say the least
:dj:

ICW
Marked Out King

Post by ICW » October 24th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Unbelievable haul! You have the best photos by far.
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/