Crystal, Sevigny, Bertinelli, Wagner, Tomlin, Bart Simpson & Much More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Crystal, Sevigny, Bertinelli, Wagner, Tomlin, Bart Simpson & Much More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » November 20th, 2017, 5:48 pm

A really cool variety of names here, some I have wanted for awhile, others random repeats. While waiting for another name, we spotted Billy Crystal. He's a great name, and although I already had a shot with him from many years back, my friends did not, and so I took an update. He was nice and even automatically removed his sunglasses. He joked that I was getting a bit too close to him when having the picture taken, so I apologized and he said it wasn't a problem. Another random encounter here was with actress Chloe Sevigny. A solid and new name for me, she isn't always that accommodating, but was very friendly on this occasion. Marton Csokas, probably best known as Celeborn in "The Lord of the Rings" films, was also very cool. Other repeats here include Oscar winner Paul Haggis, Annette O'Toole and Mario Cantone. They all posed for my friend, so I quickly grabbed a pic as well. Another name that I had gotten in the past year was Marlo Thomas, however I still wanted Phil Donahue. He is usually not so fan friendly, in fact, he ignored me when I tried to get him into a photo with Dr. Ruth, not so long ago (they were holding hands). On this occasion, I unexpectedly noticed them leaving an event, so I approached and easily scored the couple photo.

One name that I wanted for my collection was "One Day at a Time" star Valerie Bertinelli. She was scheduled to do quite a few events, but most I was not able to make it to. I finally attempted one of the later dates, and my friend and I were the only ones there. She happily posed, although the venue security was a dope. This was great, because I was able to avoid travelling quite a way to the last event. Now I have photos with the three main stars of "One Day", including Franklin, but unfortunately never got Pat Harrington.

I attended another event, which was pretty low-key, for Robert Wagner, best known for his work in series such as "Hart to Hart", "It Takes a Thief", and films like "The Pink Panther", "A Kiss Before Dying" and the "Austin Powers" movies. His wife, Jill St. John, was another name I wanted, acting since the the late '40s, probably best known for portraying the Bond girl in "Diamonds are Forever". However, I really wanted the photo for appearing in a couple episodes of the original "Batman" series. Naturally, I desired the couple photo, but the set-up had me guessing exactly where they would be left off. I also heard mixed things about Wagner, but luckily I spotted them from afar, and approached Robert with success. He and Jill seemed to be in great spirits. While there, I took first time photos with "Thirtysomething" star Timothy Busfield and "SNL"-alum Joe Piscopo. I was also glad to have a random run-in with actor Robert Clohessy (photo to be posted in "OZ" report). Not only a great "OZ" name for me, but a "Boardwalk Empire", and "Hill Street Blues" name as well!

Finally, I stopped by another spot for the voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright. I also wanted Lily Tomlin, who would be appearing, since I missed her last time. While waiting, I was at first turned down by documentary film maker Ken Burns, as he was rushing outside for something. He approached me when he returned and took the photo. At this point, I had realized that the event had began without seeing the two names I came for. After some deliberation,I decided to move to a different area of the building. Although the event began late and I was waiting awhile, this spot proved to be fruitful. By the end of the evening, I scored photos with Nancy, Lily, musical artist Deborah Cox, veteran actor Keith David who appeared in films such as "Platoon" and "The Thing", and voice-actor Bob Bergen who is the current voice of Tweety Bird and Porky Pig....all who were very nice.

Billy Crystal

Chloe Sevigny

Marton Csokas

Valerie Bertinelli

Annette O'Toole

Paul Haggis

Marlo Thomas & Phil Donahue

Jill St. John & Robert Wagner

Timothy Busfield

Joe Piscopo

Mario Cantone

Nancy Cartwright

Lily Tomlin

Keith David

Ken Burns

Deborah Cox

Bob Bergen

Greg2600

Re: Crystal, Sevigny, Bertinelli, Wagner, Tomlin, Bart Simpson & Much More!!!

Post by Greg2600 » November 21st, 2017, 12:44 am

Now I know I've been lax in street reports when you've beaten me to the punch on some of these! Great Crystal shot (still need him)!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

overthetop17
Marked Out Pro

Post by overthetop17 » November 21st, 2017, 1:02 am

Chloe Sevigny looks horrible.... she looks like that guy from silence of the lambs that tucks his junk.

yosemitechris
Marked Out Pro

Post by yosemitechris » November 21st, 2017, 2:08 am

wow, phil donahue ! i was wondering the other day what every happened to him, my mom meet him years ago! great pic

Joresky

Post by Joresky » November 21st, 2017, 8:54 am

Wow what a haul!! Lots of great scores here.. I need Donahue, Wagner, Cartwright and Burns... congrats :clap:

crowbar
Marked Out King

Post by crowbar » November 21st, 2017, 8:56 am

cowabunga great shots

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » November 21st, 2017, 9:14 am

Excellent haul!! I need Crystal as well

lanza218
Site Admin

Post by lanza218 » November 21st, 2017, 10:41 am

Eat my shorts man. Well done