Bookends October Double Header - Valerie and Ed

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

Bookends October Double Header - Valerie and Ed

Post by Greg2600 » November 25th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Totally forgot to post these. I attended the Bookends "double header" signing with Valerie Bertinelli and Ed Asner. I was there for Ed, but figured since Val was there too, might as well get two birds with one stone. My mom wanted to meet Valerie, so we drove over. The Val line was decent but not insane. What ruined it was that she was over an hour LATE! Once she arrived the signing moved super fast, and she did photos with all. A few tried for extras, but she was pretty difficult on those.

Asner began shortly after, but he was on the first floor rather than the basement. His crowd was tiny in comparison, but where they sat him made photos very difficult. We basically had to kneel in front of the table. He muttered something when I told him I loved his role in JFK, then yanked my mom's arm to get her into the photo. In any case, very nice guy, and great to meet him without having to go to the Hollywood Show! Look forward to reading his book!

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com