NOVA Con and SAW a small show

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

NOVA Con and SAW a small show

Post by djknightrida » December 3rd, 2017, 7:19 pm

Another ancient report. Back over the summer NOVAcon hit DC for its first run. The show only had a few guests but most were small wants so CM and I made the venture. After a small detour when I thought I knew where I was going and ignored the GPS we made it and parked at the venue, There was a a such a maze of hallways to get to the actual hotel lobby I thought we may cross a Minotaur. At one point CM propped a door which caused an alarm to go off throughout the one hallway. :perplexed:

Once we finally found our way check in was easy. My first stop was Shannon Purser the infamous Barb from Stranger Things. Shannon was kind but soft spoken. Next I quickly hit up Randy Havens to have him sign his ST Funko. I wanted to also snag Catherine Dyer from the show but before I could get to her table she bolted for a panel or lunch or something. Created about an hour wait just for her later in the day. But also got a unique op out of the wait.

CM and I both needed John Wesley Shipp so we snagged him next. Got the cumbo to add to my Flash collection. John was heavily promoting his podcast but was otherwise down to Earth.

Then it was onto CM's big want, Kelly Hu. Kelly was a decent enough name on Arrow to grab so CM made a deal with her and got like 8 items and pics for both of us for around $100.

Waited for Dyer to come back who had a prop gun and made for a fun photo. We did take a normal one as well that I never uploaded. CM was cranky like a newborn at this point and cut in front of another waiting fan to make sure I was first and he could leave. I had to apologize for his child-liek actions but was able to smooth it over with the other fan who was clearly WTFing.

With NOVA con in the books, a long time want in Scott Patterson was doing a small tour through the Northeast. Scott was Agent Strahm in a few Saw movies. I got to the venue maybe 20 minutes before starting time and the place was wall to wall with people. Literally 100 people packed into a room meant for 20-30. What made it worse there was no AC and in the middle of July. I stood for about an hour worth of torture before the show was over. Was the 3rd up to him for the meet and greet though. I paid for 1 item of my own to be done but got 2. He was not happy at all about the second item for some reason. I wasn't happy they oversold the venue so fair's fair. Made the 15 min drive home completing another :bigday:

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Re: NOVA Con and SAW a small show

Post by heelorton79 » December 5th, 2017, 10:33 pm

Nice SAW poster!

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: NOVA Con and SAW a small show

Post by WOODMO » December 6th, 2017, 2:45 am

That poster is tremendous