Swoon for Branch?!?!?!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Swoon for Branch?!?!?!

Post by djknightrida » December 4th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Most folks here know of my love for Megan Boone...long before that MB there was a different MB; Michelle Branch. When she announced her new album I made sure I was there for the album release show in NYC and had a blast. But that fix didn't get me a new photo with her which I had wanted for since 2003. My first and at that point only photo with her was forced with security doing it's best to prevent it. So when it came time for the tour to support her new CD I was all over it. Although I knew she was typically nice on the street, I had a few things I wanted signed and a decent photo so I ended up with VIP status to her show...well 3 of her shows. Since it was her first solo tour in a decade plus, I didn't mind as I saw it as making up for lost time per se.

The first stop was DC. The show was on a Friday night and after dealing with a smidge of some of the US' worst traffic, I got parked and over to the venue to wait. Soon :joresky: & :SIGH1: were there. As I waited not really expecting much Michelle and fiance came strolling by and stopped for cumbos. I got an item signed as I did'n't know if they would limit how much you could get signed inside.

Once in the venue it was time for soundcheck. They played 3 or so songs before the meet and greet took place. Branch remembered me from outside and I finally got a new picture that I had craved so long. The show itself was similar to the album release but it was nice to actually know the new songs at this point. She did add my favorite song from the new CD to the setlist which was a nice treat.

I was long gone but she did end up stopping outside the venue when she left as well. Which from what I remember was the only one out of the 3 dates I did where she stopped after.

A couple days later it was time for the Philly show. This time I had a friend attending with me and it was same set up as DC. I ended up the closest to center stage at this show. Michelle remembered me by face but not yet by name. I opted to do some goofy faces for the photo which was a nice change of pace. A couple more items signed and another fun night. The Philly show itself was definitely the worst of the three as the crowd just wasn't as into it as much.

Day 3 I ended up meeting a new friend I found via social media who ended up doing over 10 of the shows on the tour. Makes my 3 meet and greets look sane compared to hers. :hahaaa: By this time I had the routine down packed. I hung towards the back of the venue during soundcheck to get a better spot in line for the meet and greet to get a better spot for the show itself. Michelle this time greeted me with a big hug and got To Dan on my items without having to ask my name. It was a fun finale to my summer of Branch. Until next time... :dj:

2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Re: Swoon for Branch?!?!?!

Post by heelorton79 » December 5th, 2017, 10:37 pm

Nice! She looks good! Glad to hear it went smoothly.

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 5th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Ah the summer!
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 6th, 2017, 12:27 am

Greg2600 wrote:
December 5th, 2017, 11:44 pm
Ah the summer!
So I’m a wee bit behind on reports. Trying to get them done this week while I have time.

And thank you both. Was a great week in the life.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

MrTonyRuben
Marked Out Pro

Post by MrTonyRuben » December 6th, 2017, 2:29 am

Great report, Dan! It was cool hanging with you at the DC show. I'm still a bit pissed the merch guy refused to sell me anything before the Meet & Greet :angry:

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 6th, 2017, 2:45 am

Awesome stuff!!