December Report II: ACE & Walker Stalker Cons

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

December Report II: ACE & Walker Stalker Cons

Post by Greg2600 » December 10th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Got out of work, and drove to Nassau Coliseum in a reasonable amount of time. Parked and discovered an enormous line OUTSIDE to get in. Turns out the con completely effed up, and left ZERO room inside for people to queue up. WTF!!! It’s December morons!!! To compound, they let GA and others in, assuming they wouldn’t need to redeem and would just go downstairs. Wrong again. Complete disaster, but I was forced to wait for nearly an hour and 45 minutes to get the VIP goods and the tickets for The Undertaker. I rushed downstairs to the photo op area, where Taker was down to just 40-50 people.

WTF

VIP crap

Graph waiting

Got the op, and zoomed upstairs to the graph section. There, they seated you in the grandstands; however, they began by going row by row, asking what ticket you had. If you were VIP Group A, you got in line, B or GA, you had to move to another row. The people with B or GA must have been shifted four times. The dummies gave me the wrong graph ticket, but I showed the Ticket Leap app, and proved I had A. Thank God, because I would have been there for another 90 minutes. Undertaker signed an old RAW magazine for me.

Taker

While I was sitting there, I saw that the people who missed the Hardy op while they were outside were given a chance to take photos at the panel with their phones! The same was offered for the Undertaker. Unbelievable to charge people over $300 to be screwed. With that, I left, nearly 3 hours spent there when I should have been in and out in half that time.

:punches: :dislike:

For Saturday I had some stuff planned but with the snow, I decided to curb that. Lanza offered to drive, so I hopped in his car. We made good time, parked, and got right in. The entire schedule was delayed there, and Jason Momoa, who I had a photo op for, was delayed in flight. Furthermore, a 2nd set of metal detectors in the photo op area was plain ridiculous.

Finally got the Henry Cavill photo, albeit an hour behind schedule. He’s fantastic as Superman, which is not a simple role, and great to get the photo. Momoa was said to be arriving hours late, and his op was moved to 7pm. I then spent 40 minutes in line for a refund for that op.

After the refund, and eating $11 worth of pretzel and an iced tea, I visited comic book legend Dan Jurgens, who wrote The Death of Superman. Dan signed my old comic and I took a photo, giving him a $5 donation for charity.

Lanza was finished around 3pm, so we mutually decided to get out of there and go home.

Thanks again to capman, I had a pass for Walker Stalker so I drove on Sunday morning. Got there and joined a friend to split some photos. I never got Alanna Masterson, Cooper Andrews or Steven Ogg, nor Tommy Flanagan. We wound up splitting/switching nearly all of them. Good thing, because the prices were just flat nuts there. $40 for table ops and up, just bad, bad, bad.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Re: December Report II: ACE & Walker Stalker Cons

Post by djknightrida » December 10th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Nice Alanna. Quickly growing to be one of my favs on TWD
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

capman
Marked Out Pro

Post by capman » December 11th, 2017, 9:24 am

Nice taker and Henry.

From ur opinion of ACE, was the staff as clueless as everyone was saying or just overwhelmed?

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 11th, 2017, 9:44 am

capman wrote:
December 11th, 2017, 9:24 am
Nice taker and Henry.

From ur opinion of ACE, was the staff as clueless as everyone was saying or just overwhelmed?
Well, there weren't many actual staff. Most of the ACE shirted ppl were local volunteers, while the Mausoleum had some ppl, and lastly there were rent-a-cops. The rent-a-cops were typical, the arena workers just pointed at ACE, and the volunteers were nice but overwhelmed. ACE themselves screwed this up with horrible planning. How is it you can so easily solve the VIP crisis overnight Friday to Saturday, but never thought of it beforehand? I would say the volunteers were pretty good, as opposed to say NYCC or something. The issue was the choice to hold this convention in an arena, in the winter. BAD idea.

oldschoolwwwf
Marked Out Master

Post by oldschoolwwwf » December 11th, 2017, 9:47 am

great taker photo

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 12th, 2017, 6:09 pm

From what I can see from everyone's posts, the quality of the pro-ops at Ace looks outstanding. Nice!

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm

To me it sounds like being allowed to use your own camera in a panel room is a step up. No stupid background and it's your own camera.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 13th, 2017, 7:21 pm

class316 wrote:
December 13th, 2017, 6:21 pm
To me it sounds like being allowed to use your own camera in a panel room is a step up. No stupid background and it's your own camera.
Cellphone is a step up?

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 13th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Greg2600 wrote:
December 13th, 2017, 7:21 pm

Cellphone is a step up?
Did they force cell phone or did people have the choice to use regular cameras? It's possible people did not have real cameras to use

If forced cell phone then outrage.
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 13th, 2017, 7:42 pm

They didn't force it, but I am sure few ppl brough a camera in. I didn't. You also weren't give a refund. If I'm paying the premium I want the premium.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2017, 9:05 pm

Great stuff Greg. And yeah I had no camera with me. I love my phone quality but I’d prefer pros.