Plummer, Helms, Kane, Kline & More!!!

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Plummer, Helms, Kane, Kline & More!!!

Post by heelorton79 » December 12th, 2017, 7:31 pm

I went to an event for "The Man Who Invented Christmas" where my main target was Oscar winner Christopher Plummer. Plummer is an excellent actor and has been a working actor since the '50s. He starred in "The Sound of Music", "The Return of The Pink Panther" and had great roles in "The Insider", "Malcolm X" and "Star Trek VI" among others. He is the oldest individual to receive an Oscar at 82, for "The Beginners", won 2 Tonys, 2 Emmys, a Golden Globe, and is now nominated for another Globe, for "All the Money in The World", a role he took over from Kevin Spacey. I took photos with the director Bharat Nalluri, and actor Dan Stevens, who played The Beast in the recent rendition of "Beauty & The Beast"...both were very accommodating, especially Stevens who got attacked. Unfortunately, Plummer did not stop on the way in or out. He looked like he would have, but the security here were atrocious. I was then made aware of another appearance Plummer would be making days later, so after I finished at the Robert Wagner event, I headed over there. Not one fan was there, but the were a lot of things going on that night, so anyone who knew about this may have been otherwise occupied. I waited some time, but didn't see any sign of an audience or Plummer. At this point, the event should have ended and I didn't even see a car. I decided to leave, but then decided to wait a little longer. I noticed another exit, but still nothing, I waited just a bit longer and gave up. As I was walking past the corner, I noticed that a car had pulled up, which I believed was his. WOW..and I was leaving too! A very close call! My friend and I waited for him and a few moments later, he exited with a guard. The guard said "he isn't signing anything". I responded, "I don't want him to sign anything". I approached Mr. Plummer and asked for the two photos...and he agreed! We said a few words to each other and he left. A great ending to a successful night!

Another evening had me headed to a spot to try for three names I had wanted for some time...Ed Helms, Kevin Kline, and Carol Kane. Ed is a major "Office" name for me and I heard he could be iffy at times. Carol Kane is an Oscar nominated actress who appeared in films like "Hester Street", "Annie Hall", "The Princess Bride" and "Dog Day Afternoon". She also won two Emmys for her work on "Taxi", but I wanted her for my "Gotham" collection as well. My friend needed Steve Martin, and I was also going to make an attempt at Oscar winner Kevin Kline who had become difficult in recent years. I asked him once before, and he gave some weird "spiritual reasoning" excuse. Minutes after we arrived, Kevin Kline walks out to get some air, it appeared. He had shaved his moustache, so I didn't recognize that he was standing 5 feet away from me immediately. Some nutjob woman was babbling to him about nonsense. My friend and I approached and spoke to him for a few minutes. We talked to him about a wealth of topics and he agreed to do the photo. Just at that point, the nutjob woman returned and wanted to give him a business card. She took a long time as she was searching her bag for a card that she should have had in her hand, and there was a long uncomfortable silence. I was not going to let her delay interfere with the photo, but there were no worries anyhow. He posed with us, but politely asked us to not put the pictures up on social media. While I know others have photos with him that have been posted online, he was incredibly nice to us so I decided to honor his request. Not long after, Judith light arrived. My friend grabbed the photo and I took an update..such a sweet woman. Afterwards, Ed Helms showed up and agreed to take the photos with us no problem. I never saw Carol Kane, and Steve Martin was rushed back and forth with security. I returned at the conclusion of the event and once again Steve Martin was rushed by security, and no one could get a word in edgewise. However, I already had a photo with him and luckily my friend got him a couple weeks later. Finally, we see Carol Kane and she happily posed. All in all, another good night.

I included a photo with musical artist Dierks Bentley since I forgot to include it in my last music report.

Also, director of "The Darkest Hour", Joe Wright.

Christopher Plummer

Dan Stevens

Bharat Nalluri

Carol Kane

Ed Helms

Judith Light

Joe Wright

Dierks Bentley
Last edited by heelorton79 on December 13th, 2017, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: Plummer, Helms, Kane, Kline & More!!!

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2017, 9:41 am

Great stuff!! The Plummer especially

Joresky

Post by Joresky » December 13th, 2017, 9:42 am

Awesome stuff!! Plummer is a great score.. Dan Stevens a great name too! Congrats :clap:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 13th, 2017, 10:10 am

So many great gets and wants of mine. Plummer is not easy, neither is Kline. Still gotta get Kane and Helms, too.
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Thanks!
Joresky wrote:
December 13th, 2017, 9:42 am
Dan Stevens a great name too!
I honestly didn't even know who Stevens was prior to this.

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 14th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Still need Ed. Just hasn’t been working or th a trip just for him . Good job as always.
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj: