December Report III: Dream a Little Dream about a Lethal Hellboy doing Home Improvement

This is the place to post reports from signing or on the street meets
Forum rules
DO NOT post the location for on the street meets. To keep the spots from being too crowded, we don't allow locations to be posted. You may only post location details about pay meets and organized free signings.
Greg2600

December Report III: Dream a Little Dream about a Lethal Hellboy doing Home Improvement

Post by Greg2600 » December 13th, 2017, 10:21 am

So following Wintercon, I left the convention, and drove into Manhattan, stopping for dinner. I met a friend at a spot for the Shape of Water film. There I got a photo with Guillermo Del Toro, director of that film, and others like Hellboy and Pan’s Labyrinth. Guillermo is always fan friendly, and this was no different. Doug Jones photobombed.

We then stopped for coffee, and made a walk to a spot for Home Improvement’s Patricia Richardson. Waited a bit, and out she came with friends. He asked and she did the pics no prob and even took off her glasses! Such a lovely lady.

Few days later I made a lunch run for actress Rene Russo, who never seems to be around these days, but I’d heard was quite nice. Rene I loved in the later Lethal Weapon movies, Mr. Destiny, Major League, Outbreak and heck even Showtime! When I arrived most of the good barricade real estate was taken, so I had to go to the right. This normally is bad, because if the guest exits the front door, they are likely to start there and move to his/her right. Rene exited, and those of us on her left screamed enough that she started down our way. I got a great selfie, and jumped out of there, although I think she did one each for everyone. I didn’t even bring my Major League item, but in hindsight could have gotten it signed on the roll down. Oh well. Later that night I went to a spot to finally get Diane Kruger, who I’m like 0 for 4 or 5 on. She arrived and took photos no problem! After this I had info on several actors, but choose to wait for Jane Seymour. Unfortunately, I think she left early, so the rest of my night was to no avail.

:score:

Despite some rainy weather, I decided to try a few spots that had cover. First off, there was Patton Oswalt, stand up comedian who is the “voice” of the narrator on The Goldbergs. He also starred in a film called Big Fan which is absolutely terrific. Patton we saw back in May but he ignored us. Recently he married actress Meredith Salenger, who starred in Dream A Little Dream, Lake Placid, and voiced Barriss Offee on Star Wars Clone Wars. I had a huge crush back in the junior high years on her, mainly for Dream. So I really wanted both of them, and thankfully she did attend with Patton. They exited and despite being rushed were both very nice.

I hung out with a few Master’s away from the rain while we waited for the next spot. Unfortunately, the cast arrived late and said way out. On the way out I grabbed photos (finally) with Octavia Spencer and Richard Jenkins, who was hilarious in Step Brothers.

The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

WOODMO
Site Admin

Re: December Report III: Dream a Little Dream about a Lethal Hellboy doing Home Improvement

Post by WOODMO » December 13th, 2017, 11:13 am

Some great stuff, especially Spencer and Oswalt!

heelorton79
Marked Out Master

Re: December Report III: Dream a Little Dream about a Lethal Hellboy doing Home Improvement

Post by heelorton79 » December 13th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Very cool Jenkins!

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 14th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Patton was a dick in May. Good job.

Completely blew off info for Patricia I had. Ehhhhhhh
2017 Most Unique Photo Winner

:dj:

Greg2600

Post by Greg2600 » December 14th, 2017, 10:41 pm

djknightrida wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 10:26 pm
She's there for awhile...
The Paunch Stevenson Show pop culture podcast : http://www.paunchstevenson.com

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 15th, 2017, 7:37 am

Greg2600 wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 10:41 pm
djknightrida wrote:
Had a location closer to home. In case it hasn’t been noticed my NYC street meeting is becoming few & far between. I counted 7 visits in including when I hit up meets before doing concerts later in the evening and my 1 spot stop after RICC. excluding TV week of course as that’s it’s own beast

My prime days on street meets seem like a thing of the past.

WOODMO
Site Admin

Post by WOODMO » December 15th, 2017, 3:12 pm

djknightrida wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 7:37 am
Greg2600 wrote:
December 14th, 2017, 10:41 pm
djknightrida wrote:
Had a location closer to home. In case it hasn’t been noticed my NYC street meeting is becoming few & far between. I counted 7 visits in including when I hit up meets before doing concerts later in the evening and my 1 spot stop after RICC. excluding TV week of course as that’s it’s own beast

My prime days on street meets seem like a thing of the past.
What brought on that change for you?

djknightrida
Marked Out Master

Post by djknightrida » December 15th, 2017, 9:07 pm

WOODMO wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 3:12 pm

What brought on that change for you?
My list of wants dwindling. My lack of desire to be awake before 5 am. My lack of interest in seeing a nice chunk of NYC scum. Other interests to invest time and money towards. Not wanting to waste time going for names that have shut me down in past. No single factor. Trips up there will still happen just clearly not on the regular.

class316
Marked Out Historian

Post by class316 » December 16th, 2017, 5:15 am

djknightrida wrote:
December 15th, 2017, 9:07 pm
My list of wants dwindling. My lack of desire to be awake before 5 am. My lack of interest in seeing a nice chunk of NYC scum. Other interests to invest time and money towards. Not wanting to waste time going for names that have shut me down in past. No single factor. Trips up there will still happen just clearly not on the regular.
I actually can't stand to be awake and driving before 5am. That's why I usually go to NYC the night before, park for free, and sleep in the car. This is just one of the many nuisances eliminated by car sleep. My general rule is, if I have to be in NJ or NYC before 3pm, always leave the prior evening. Alleviates so much stress. Only time I woke up early and drove in 2017 was the Friday of RICC. And that was because of ice cold weather so I needed to prevent car sleep as much as possible. And indeed I did as I only slept in the car Friday evening (slept in a rest stop in NJ Saturday evening)

Regarding NYC scum, I feel the same way. But if I succumb to them they win. So I actually try to turn that factor into a motivator rather than a deterrent. If I show up I prevent them from winning.

Not wanting to waste time going for names that have shut me down in past has actually cost me a few photo ops in 2017. Though I've actually gone for names that have shut me down and scored big time (Bill Murray and Bruce Willis come to mind).
Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/celebmeets
:hcit:
View my celebrity report Blog http://celebmeets.blogspot.com/

ICW
Marked Out Master

Post by ICW » December 16th, 2017, 10:56 am

Great stuff as usual
Feel free to visit my blog concerning wrestling conventions, signings, and meet & greets!
https://squaredcirclecons.com/